Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A majority of GOP nominees — 299 in all — deny the 2020 election results

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

A majority of GOP nominees — 299 in all — deny the 2020 election results

Post by Taco » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:09 pm

This is absolutely stunning! The poison runs deep in the Republican party. The new norm will be, lose an election then contest the heck out of it with numerous recounts and holding things up. It will be disastrous. How can anyone trust these people if they have so much distrust and loyalty to that moronic ex-prez??

"Scholars said the predominance of election deniers in the GOP bears alarming similarities to authoritarian movements in other countries, which often begin with efforts to delegitimize elections. Many of those promoting the stolen-election narrative, they said, know that it is false and are using it to gain power."

"Also among the 2022 crop of election-denying candidates are those who actively promoted misinformation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ions-2022/

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

km1125

Re: A majority of GOP nominees — 299 in all — deny the 2020 election results

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 am

Like a lot of things, if you raise ANY concerns or questions about the elections or election process you're labelled an "election denier"!!

SMDH. And everything is "a conspiracy" but many of those are later to be found with some pretty solid basis.

Did you check out the news on this recently.... (and I think the arrest happened here in Michigan!)

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:00 am

While I'm not in the camp of people who believe Biden in actuality lost the election, I don't like the way the left throws around the word "denier" as some kind of derogatory term. Election denier! Science denier! Climate change denier! I'm sure there's others.

My problem with the use of the word "deny" and the way it is used in this context is that the word denial is ordinarily used when someone either outright lies about or refuses to believe things in their own personal lives or things on which they have personal knowledge, often lying about one's own behavior. Denial doesn't really fit when we're talking about things which happen in the world about which you are relying solely on second-hand knowledge to form an opinion about the truthfulness of something. For instance, I don't think anybody here has first-hand knowledge regarding the exact way in which votes were counted in each and every precinct.

I think the word "skeptic" would be more accurately used here. "a person inclined to question or doubt accepted opinions."

So to summarize:

Denial - refusing to believe the truthfulness of things about which you have first-hand knowledge.
Skepticism - refusing to believe the truthfulness of things about which other people tell you are true.
Last edited by bmw on Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:05 am

Taco wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:09 pm
This is absolutely stunning! The poison runs deep in the Republican party. The new norm will be, lose an election then contest the heck out of it with numerous recounts and holding things up. It will be disastrous. How can anyone trust these people if they have so much distrust and loyalty to that moronic ex-prez??

"Scholars said the predominance of election deniers in the GOP bears alarming similarities to authoritarian movements in other countries, which often begin with efforts to delegitimize elections. Many of those promoting the stolen-election narrative, they said, know that it is false and are using it to gain power."

"Also among the 2022 crop of election-denying candidates are those who actively promoted misinformation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ions-2022/
Indeed, The Not so Grand Grouchy Old White People's Party has been pushing misinformation even before Trump(WMD's In Iraq for example), however this is just literal insanity. Anyone who votes for any of these troglodytes gets the misrepresentation they deserve.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:05 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:00 am
While I'm not in the camp of people who believe Biden in actuality lost the election, I don't like the way the left throws around the word "denier" as some kind of derogatory term. Election denier! Science denier! Climate change denier! I'm sure there's others.

My problem with the use of the word "deny" and the way it is used in this context is that the word denial is ordinarily used when someone either outright lies about or refuses to believe things in their own personal lives or things on which they have personal knowledge, often lying about one's own behavior. Denial doesn't really fit when we're talking about things which happen in the world about which you are relying solely on second-hand knowledge to form an opinion about the truthfulness of something. For instance, I don't think anybody here has first-hand knowledge regarding the exact way in which votes were counted in each and every precinct.

I think the word "skeptic" would be more accurately used here. "a person inclined to question or doubt accepted opinions."

So to summarize:

Denial - refusing to believe the truthfulness of things about which you have first-hand knowledge.
Skepticism - refusing to believe the truthfulness of things about which other people tell you are true.
An even better summary… sore losers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:05 am
That's a little different though as I don't think all election skeptics are sore losers.. The "sore losers" are the ones who not only believe (for whatever reason) that Biden really lost, but are incapable of letting it go and moving on. And I don't necessarily mean just pretending it didn't happen, but at least being productive and proposing constructive fixes for whatever you believe is wrong with the system as opposed to just pissing and moaning and wishing Trump would be re-installed into office. Donald Trump himself, unfortunately, fits the "sore loser" category to a tee.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:05 am
That's a little different though as I don't think all election skeptics are sore losers.. The "sore losers" are the ones who not only believe (for whatever reason) that Biden really lost, but are incapable of letting it go and moving on. And I don't necessarily mean just pretending it didn't happen, but at least being productive and proposing constructive fixes for whatever you believe is wrong with the system as opposed to just pissing and moaning and wishing Trump would be re-installed into office. Donald Trump himself, unfortunately, fits the "sore loser" category to a tee.
Most of the ones in or running for office know full well Biden won… the base has been led down this rabbit hole and in many red places you won’t survive without denying. Elise Stefanik in New York went from normal Republican to election skeptic (fine have it your way) at the drop of a hat because it suits her ambitions to move up in the leadership. Ted Cruz sold his soul to the concept.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:00 am
I prefer Conservative Victim to Sore Loser, but both fit well.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic