Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Michigan QAnon follower shot his wife and daughter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

A Michigan QAnon follower shot his wife and daughter

Post by Taco » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:18 am

This is what this cult is doing to our country. It has to stop. What is worrisome is there are politicians who buy into QAnon.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news/a-michi ... 2mcYW-0Qfk

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Re: A Michigan QAnon follower shot his wife and daughter

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:23 am

Taco wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:18 am
This is what this cult is doing to our country. It has to stop. What is worrisome is there are politicians who buy into QAnon.

Wasn’t Q already outed as some random guy just making things up?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:36 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:23 am
Taco wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:18 am

Wasn’t Q already outed as some random guy just making things up?
The fact that idiots like Alex Jones aren't on welfare eating cat food should be an indication there's a market for this kind of stuff regardless of who is leading the rhetoric.

I still point to homeschooling as the leading cause of this kind of situation.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Nothing to do with homeschooling. It has to do with crony capitalist control. They want to make money off of public schools.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:19 pm
Nothing to do with homeschooling. It has to do with crony capitalist control. They want to make money off of public schools.
Who really "wants to make money of public schools"?? Sure, there are entrepreneurial folks who want to take advantage of the wasteful spending that most schools have, but that's not surprising. School systems should have a pretty tight procurement process to get the best deals on stuff and should be pretty vocal when folks are interfering with that.

Most folks want to stop WASTING money on public schools when they're underperforming and want to avoid the duplication of payments to get their kids educated privately in a more effective atmosphere, hence the push for vouchers. Schools could shut that down in a SECOND by just providing an adequate "product" for the majority of folks. It should be MUCH more efficient and MUCH more economical for public schools to educate kids rather than have all the extra expense of private companies trying to do that, and still be profitable.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:26 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 am
Who really "wants to make money of public schools"?? Sure, there are entrepreneurial folks who want to take advantage of the wasteful spending that most schools have, but that's not surprising. School systems should have a pretty tight procurement process to get the best deals on stuff and should be pretty vocal when folks are interfering with that.

Most folks want to stop WASTING money on public schools when they're underperforming and want to avoid the duplication of payments to get their kids educated privately in a more effective atmosphere, hence the push for vouchers. Schools could shut that down in a SECOND by just providing an adequate "product" for the majority of folks. It should be MUCH more efficient and MUCH more economical for public schools to educate kids rather than have all the extra expense of private companies trying to do that, and still be profitable.
Betsy De Vos has thousands of dollars invested in charter and private schools. That’s why she is running Tudor.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:24 am

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:26 pm
km1125 wrote:

Betsy De Vos has thousands of dollars invested in charter and private schools. That’s why she is running Tudor.
If it's only "thousands", or even "thousands and thousands", that wouldn't worry me ONE BIT. She's supporting a concept that is important in giving kids a quality education. I have a suggestion though... Make our public schools better and put her out of business!!! That DOESN'T mean just throwing more money at them, which they seem to waste at EVERY opportunity!!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:07 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:24 am
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:26 pm
km1125 wrote:

If it's only "thousands", or even "thousands and thousands", that wouldn't worry me ONE BIT. She's supporting a concept that is important in giving kids a quality education. I have a suggestion though... Make our public schools better and put her out of business!!! That DOESN'T mean just throwing more money at them, which they seem to waste at EVERY opportunity!!!
It does mean ending the ability to go to any school you please… that’s a waste of money. They are REQUIRED to provide transportation from great distances if a kid from place A decides to go to district B… it’s insane. Go to the schools where you live. Period.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:07 am
It does mean ending the ability to go to any school you please… that’s a waste of money. They are REQUIRED to provide transportation from great distances if a kid from place A decides to go to district B… it’s insane. Go to the schools where you live. Period.
Not sure what you're saying. Who requires that? Any school district should only provide transportation WITHIN their district, IF they provide it at all. If some family from outside the district wants to send their kids to the district then THAT FAMILY should work out the transportation issues.

Is there some law or rule that says the district has to do it?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:05 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Not sure what you're saying. Who requires that? Any school district should only provide transportation WITHIN their district, IF they provide it at all. If some family from outside the district wants to send their kids to the district then THAT FAMILY should work out the transportation issues.

It is not required by law for a district to provide any transportation apparently… however many districts will accommodate the out of district folks. It’s still a waste of money… moving kids out of failing schools does nothing to fix the failing schools.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:05 pm
It is not required by law for a district to provide any transportation apparently… however many districts will accommodate the out of district folks. It’s still a waste of money… moving kids out of failing schools does nothing to fix the failing schools.
Name more than one public school district in Michigan that does that. I don't know of any ... let alone "many".

Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:06 pm
Rate This wrote:

I would be vehemently opposed to my school district going outside the boundaries to make such accommodations. I don't think they do, but since you mentioned it I'm going to look and see if that is the case.

Moving kids out of failing schools solves the problem for those kids, for sure. Yes, it does not fix the failing schools, but schools losing enrollment should be critically reviewing their own performance, as should the STATE oversight.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:27 pm

If you're a True republican, you should tell them to walk and not take a government handout.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:13 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Name more than one public school district in Michigan that does that. I don't know of any ... let alone "many".
I know of some districts who will create stops by the side of the road on the edge of their boundary and have parents drive the kids there and drop them off to wait for the bus. I suppose that’s meeting in the middle. Plymouth-Canton is the example I’m thinking of… when I was a school bus driver I spent a day at Plymouth-Canton which was a sister operation for the contractor I worked for and happened to be handed one of these routes. The folks getting on the bus were decided lower class than the average for Plymouth-Canton. Having 30 cars sitting by the side of the road was a little strange… hadn’t seen anything like it before. Of course at that time “schools of choice” was fairly new.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:50 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:13 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
I know of some districts who will create stops by the side of the road on the edge of their boundary and have parents drive the kids there and drop them off to wait for the bus. I suppose that’s meeting in the middle. Plymouth-Canton is the example I’m thinking of… when I was a school bus driver I spent a day at Plymouth-Canton which was a sister operation for the contractor I worked for and happened to be handed one of these routes. The folks getting on the bus were decided lower class than the average for Plymouth-Canton. Having 30 cars sitting by the side of the road was a little strange… hadn’t seen anything like it before. Of course at that time “schools of choice” was fairly new.
I'd be OK with THAT kind of arrangement, but NOT going outside the boundaries. In many cases they're already going to the boundaries to pick up students, so another stop along those routes wouldn't really be much of a change and if there are any in-district students at the boundaries edge then there is no change.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic