Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Don't Go "Walking In Memphis" Anymore

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Don't Go "Walking In Memphis" Anymore

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:39 am

Don't be tempted to ever go "Walking In Memphis" again.

There was a kidnap murder of an heiress and Kindergarten teacher, and a man who went on a shooting spree and killed four people and injured three more while video producing it on Facebook live there. The Facebook killer was let out of prison for attempted murder after just 11 months of a three year sentence.

Not that you would know it from Grudge Report and other sources. It was hidden by the death of Queen Elizabeth II, and the breathless dribble of minute drivel about the Mar a Lago panty raid.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Re: Don't Go "Walking In Memphis" Anymore

Post by audiophile » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:06 am

A friend of mine went to Bible study with one of the those killed.

These areas have been historically soft-on-crime, thanks to a flawed liberal philosophy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:35 am

Sounds like you both need to stay in rural areas. Bad things can happen in cities.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:52 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:06 am

These areas have been historically soft-on-crime, thanks to a flawed liberal philosophy.
Memphis is a rough place. But the folks doing this kind of thing aren’t aware of any “flawed liberal philosophy” I assure you.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:52 am
audiophile wrote:

Memphis is a rough place. But the folks doing this kind of thing aren’t aware of any “flawed liberal philosophy” I assure you.
What did you say?!?!

"...
Ezekiel D. Kelly, the 19-year-old Memphis, Tennessee, man accused of live-streaming a series of shootings in outside the city Wednesday, has a violent criminal history and was released from prison early after a 2020 shooting, according to authorities.

Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland revealed during a Wednesday night news briefing that Kelly was charged with attempted first-degree murder but pleaded guilty to a downgraded aggravated assault charge in April 2021.

Kelly received a three-year prison sentence but was released in March after serving just 11 months.

"If Mr. Kelly served his full three-year sentence, he would still be in prison today and four of our fellow citizens would still be alive," Strickland said.

..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/wh ... r-AA11BEVh
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:20 am

And the guy who abducted and killed the heiress was also let out of jail early from his prior conviction of the exact same charges from the crime he committed years ago. He also has a laundry-list of other convictions in his rap sheet.

If he was still serving the sentence from his original crime, that heiress would still be alive.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:54 am

Tennessee is one of the most Republican states in the country and who do you think dominates the parole boards?

By your own admission that says nothing to do with Democrats as much as it has to do with Tennessee not funding their prisons enough so early releases are commonplace.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:53 am

audiophile wrote:

At least the person doesn't have to go to Bible study any longer. 🤷
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:31 pm

Was the Bible study there to teach people how to be judgmental and homophobic?
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:54 am
Tennessee is one of the most Republican states in the country and who do you think dominates the parole boards?

By your own admission that says nothing to do with Democrats as much as it has to do with Tennessee not funding their prisons enough so early releases are commonplace.
Doesn't matter who was on the parole board... they didn't let him out.

He was sentenced to a rather light sentence - 24 years out of a window from 15 to 60 and then he got let out early for "good behavior" which reduces your sentence to 85% of the original value. Obviously didn't learn anything while in prison, except maybe to not let his victims survive.

The gas chamber should be his next permanent residence.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:11 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:11 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:52 am
audiophile wrote:

What did you say?!?!

"...
Ezekiel D. Kelly, the 19-year-old Memphis, Tennessee, man accused of live-streaming a series of shootings in outside the city Wednesday, has a violent criminal history and was released from prison early after a 2020 shooting, according to authorities.

Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland revealed during a Wednesday night news briefing that Kelly was charged with attempted first-degree murder but pleaded guilty to a downgraded aggravated assault charge in April 2021.

Kelly received a three-year prison sentence but was released in March after serving just 11 months.

"If Mr. Kelly served his full three-year sentence, he would still be in prison today and four of our fellow citizens would still be alive," Strickland said.

..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/wh ... r-AA11BEVh
Kelly… AKA the shooter. He’s not waxing philosophy about any political positions… that’s what I’m talking about. He likely isn’t aware one way or the other.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:11 pm

A cousin of mine, visited Memphis once and he told me that, he thought it was one of the most crime ridden run down cities he's seen in The United States. Other dishonourable mentions I'd put on the list would be: Dayton Ohio, Flint Michigan, Gary Indiana, Stockton California, and I'm sure I'll think of others later.

However, I'm sorry to disappoint some but the problem is indeed the guns themselves, the silly little NRA arguments I'm afraid won't convince me otherwise.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:33 am

Lets not forget East St Louis in that list. While I haven't been through there in a couple decades, I honestly can't imagine it's gotten any better.

My exposure to Memphis isn't all that much, but from what I read there's not really "good" places and "bad" places like most other large cities and you're vulnerable pretty much anywhere there.

And guns didn't have anything to do with Eliza Fletcher's demise, although it might have been prevented if she was carrying and allowed to protect herself.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:25 am

A cousin of mine, visited Memphis once and he told me that, he thought it was one of the most crime ridden run down cities he's seen in The United States.
Memphis has long been one of the most dangerous cities in the United States. It is also impoverished.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local ... 35JCZ7Q3U/

It amazes me that shithole has an NBA franchise. Even though the Grizzlies more often than not field a decent team, they were only #22 in NBA home attendance last season, trailing even the lowly Pistons.

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2022
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:01 am

Corporations have driven poverty up to insane levels through lack of pay. Nowhere is this more prominent than the South. Where there is poverty and a high population, there are murders. Has nothing to with liberal idealism and everything to do with economics. Same thing with abortions.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic