Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nevada Democrat (allegedly) murders reporter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Nevada Democrat (allegedly) murders reporter

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:53 pm

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/hom ... h-2635486/

So much for freedom of the press...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Re: Nevada Democrat (allegedly) murders reporter

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am

The party believes in murder of perfectly viable fetuses and other forms of lawlessness, why stop there?

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/09/03/dem ... abortions/

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:29 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am
The party believes in murder of perfectly viable fetuses and other forms of lawlessness, why stop there?

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/09/03/dem ... abortions/
No it doesn’t believe in that. If by viable you mean can survive outside the mother then no they do not. Most certainly not up to birth for god sakes.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:42 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:29 am
No it doesn’t believe in that. If by viable you mean can survive outside the mother then no they do not. Most certainly not up to birth for god sakes.
Ask any Democrat party leader if they support any restrictions whatsoever on abortion, right up until birth. Most won't give you an answer. That should tell you all you need to know. And there's glaring hypocrisy from the media in this regard. They won't push any Democrat on his/her extremist view of legal abortion until birth, but they go apeshit on any Republican who believes in strict restrictions on abortion.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:43 am

A good friend of mine was a fellow reporter of the guy who was stabbed to death. Tellas is nuts, and he ran as a Democrat because that's who gets elected in Las Vegas. There was a sad story.

Audiophile and BMW can take your anti-abortion religious rhetoric somewhere else.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:02 am

Wait a minute here. They have as much right to"spew" their rhetoric here as you do. Don't like it, don't read it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:24 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:02 am
Wait a minute here. They have as much right to"spew" their rhetoric here as you do. Don't like it, don't read it.
As long as this sentiment cuts both ways...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:56 pm

Any time partial birth abortion bans have come up for a vote, most Democrats in office have always found an excuse - errr reason - to vote no.

So, I agree with Matt, BMW and Audiophile.

The situation in Clark County, NV is deeply disturbing.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:56 pm
Any time partial birth abortion bans have come up for a vote, most Democrats in office have always found an excuse - errr reason - to vote no.

So, I agree with Matt, BMW and Audiophile.

The situation in Clark County, NV is deeply disturbing.
So you literally think most Democrats are ok with dismembering a full term baby? How many people walking around have you met that would say “give me one of those” to that proposal?

They don’t vote for those bans because it becomes a slippery slope to bans on abortions at earlier points. Your argument is a straw man.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:21 pm
So you literally think most Democrats are ok with dismembering a full term baby? How many people walking around have you met that would say “give me one of those” to that proposal?
He said most Democrats "in office." So we're talking about politicians here. Which is my point. Politicians are out-of-step with where the public is on this. Though I would note that 19% of the population (see other thread I created) is still a lot, and it represents a significant minority of Democrat voters as a whole. Meanwhile, only 8% of the population believes in all illegal abortion with no exceptions.

So why doesn't the media ever point this out? They paint the pro-lifers as the extremists, when the reality is that more than twice as many people support (and I'll use your words here) your right to "dismember a full term baby" than support banning abortions in all instances.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:13 pm

Well stated. I really have nothing to add. Indeed, I was referring specifically to Democrats in office.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:13 pm
Well stated. I really have nothing to add. Indeed, I was referring specifically to Democrats in office.
The problem is that such votes are political theatre designed to ensnare the Democrats. If they vote no they are labeled ok with killing perfectly healthy babies. If they vote yes then the question is “if you aren’t ok with that kind of abortion why don’t you support banning more?”. A vote on a proposal like that is a no win.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:24 pm
The problem is that such votes are political theatre designed to ensnare the Democrats. If they vote no they are labeled ok with killing perfectly healthy babies. If they vote yes then the question is “if you aren’t ok with that kind of abortion why don’t you support banning more?”. A vote on a proposal like that is a no win.
How is that a "no win?" It shouldn't be difficult for a Democrat to take a moral stance and publicly state that killing a viable baby at 8 and a half months of pregnancy is wrong. I don't buy the slippery slope argument here, because by your logic, that would apply to pro-life Republicans as well. "If you're ok with that exception, why have any exceptions at all?" Again, the reality is that the majority of the country is somewhere in the middle, but politicians want nothing to do with the middle on this particular issue.

Not that public polling should be used to write policy here, but I would note that per the polling data done by Pew Research, the numbers look like this:

44-21 say legal at 6 weeks
34-27 say legal at 14 weeks
22-43 say legal at 24 weeks

Based on that polling, the tipping point in public opinion seems to be somewhere around 18 weeks - or at about the 4-month mark.

If we agreed as a nation that abortion should be illegal beginning in the 5th month of pregnancy and legal prior to that, I would probably personally be ok with that.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:02 pm

There have been times where Dems have controlled both houses of Congress, and they have never brought legislation to the floor to limit late term abortions (even those by partial birth), so I disagree entirely with your ensnarement theory, Rate This.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:30 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:02 pm
There have been times where Dems have controlled both houses of Congress, and they have never brought legislation to the floor to limit late term abortions (even those by partial birth), so I disagree entirely with your ensnarement theory, Rate This.
With so many other things on fire chasing things that are virtually non-existent isn't exactly priority #1...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic