Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Science of Life - Just Not for Republicans.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Science of Life - Just Not for Republicans.

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:27 pm

This CNN article is pretty interesting. Seems many southern Democrats are rejecting the Democrat party's extreme stance and voting for science and their conscience.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA11wkZk

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Science of Life - Just Not for Republicans.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:17 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:27 pm
This CNN article is pretty interesting. Seems many southern Democrats are rejecting the Democrat party's extreme stance and voting for science and their conscience.

You mean that they are voting for who their pastors are telling them to vote for? What's new?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:55 pm

Aannnnnnd if you had any doubts, LL101 has returned.

I was gonna do some grocery shopping for the week tomorrow, but I can’t remember which brand of cottage cheese I really liked. Turkey, can you help me out?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:21 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:55 pm
Aannnnnnd if you had any doubts, LL101 has returned.

I was gonna do some grocery shopping for the week tomorrow, but I can’t remember which brand of cottage cheese I really liked. Turkey, can you help me out?

My favourite is the Happy Farm brand sold at Aldi. But we don't have Aldi in Canada, so I usually buy Nordica.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Ahhh thanks, I will certainly try the Happy Farm brand.
LL, did you try any of these while passing time during your last stint in the DBR?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:58 pm

marsbar wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 pm
audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:27 pm

Science and politics/policy are separate things.

Science tells us that more than 99% of people survive COVID-19. That’s indisputable, yet the political responses vary widely.

Liberals mostly want to force people to get a vaccine and fire them, limit their rights, and treat them differently if they don’t.

Conservatives want people to make their own medical decisions without force or coercion.

Science has shown us that abortion intentionally ends an innocent human life. That’s indisputable, yet the political responses vary widely.

Liberals say as long as the baby is inside it’s mother, it can be terminated without legal recourse.

Conservatives say intentionally ending an innocent person’s life is murder regardless of its age and location.

So just because science says one thing, doesn’t mean politicians are “following the science.”

Excellent points!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:03 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:13 pm

Exactly. Not a hard concept.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic