Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gutfeld most-watched late night program for month of August

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Gutfeld most-watched late night program for month of August

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:51 pm

Colbert has been unseated as #1. During the month of August, Gutfeld averaged 2.19 million viewers. Colbert 2.15 million. Granted, it isn't quite an apples-to-apples comparison given the half hour difference in time slot, but envertheless, not bad for a program that hasn't even been on the air a year and a half.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/fox-news-a ... 235103363/

I think it was Lester the Nightfly who said if there was a market for conservative-oriented comedy that a network would do it. Well, Fox News did it, and Gutfeld gets more viewers than any other late night host.

Rate This

Re: Gutfeld most-watched late night program for month of August

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:51 pm
Colbert has been unseated as #1. During the month of August, Gutfeld averaged 2.19 million viewers. Colbert 2.15 million. Granted, it isn't quite an apples-to-apples comparison given the half hour difference in time slot, but envertheless, not bad for a program that hasn't even been on the air a year and a half.

I think it was Lester the Nightfly who said if there was a market for conservative-oriented comedy that a network would do it. Well, Fox News did it, and Gutfeld gets more viewers than any other late night host.
The trouble is it’s not funny… like he makes fun of what conservatives believe the people they don’t like are like. In reality humor works because there is truth in it. If you have to be conservative to get what’s going on (wink wink) then it’s not comedy. It’s lame eye roll inducing ragging on folks you don’t like.

I bet over half of those viewers are asleep in their chairs with FOX rusted in place as the channel of choice. Now THATS a funny joke.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:10 pm

This is definitely not apples to apples, not everyone has cable. (OMG!) That being said, I have not seen Gutfeld, is it similar to Seinfeld?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:24 pm
...he makes fun of what conservatives believe the people they don’t like are like.
And the others don't? Colbert, Kimmel, and the rest of them make a living off of making fun of the very caricature that their viewers believe conservatives to be.

And you don't have to like him. There's no "trouble" when he shot up to #1 in the ratings in just 16 months.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:33 pm

HD74 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:10 pm
This is definitely not apples to apples, not everyone has cable. (OMG!) That being said, I have not seen Gutfeld, is it similar to Seinfeld?
I wouldn't compare him to Seinfeld. He and Jerry are both very sarcastic, but that's where the similarity ends. There's nobody really I can think of that is similar.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
...he makes fun of what conservatives believe the people they don’t like are like.
And the others don't? Colbert, Kimmel, and the rest of them make a living off of making fun of the very caricature that their viewers believe conservatives to be.

And you don't have to like him. There's no "trouble" when he shot up to #1 in the ratings in just 16 months.
They usually splice in clips and stuff… Gutfeld runs a monologue mostly… it’s different. I would also point out that 328 million people don’t give a rip about any of these guys…

Just how many angels can dance on the head of a pin anyways?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:23 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:

They usually splice in clips and stuff… Gutfeld runs a monologue mostly… it’s different. I would also point out that 328 million people don’t give a rip about any of these guys…

Just how many angels can dance on the head of a pin anyways?
I guess that's better than having the entire 330 million not give a shit about what you write on a message board.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

The trouble is it’s not funny… like he makes fun of what conservatives believe the people they don’t like are like. In reality humor works because there is truth in it. If you have to be conservative to get what’s going on (wink wink) then it’s not comedy. It’s lame eye roll inducing ragging on folks you don’t like.

I bet over half of those viewers are asleep in their chairs with FOX rusted in place as the channel of choice. Now THATS a funny joke.
I had The Office on in the background the other day, and holy hell is Trevor Noah shit! We're talking top of the toilet pit shit.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:05 pm

Half of Gutfeld's ratings are probably from 65+-year old boomers that fell asleep during the first 10 minutes of Hannity and never shut the TV off...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:08 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:05 pm
Half of Gutfeld's ratings are probably from 65+-year old boomers that fell asleep during the first 10 minutes of Hannity and never shut the TV off...
Yup. They say 60 is the new 40. Well guess what. 10 is the new midnight too.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:08 pm
Motown322 wrote:
What's 40 the new of.. asking for a friend, of course!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

I had The Office on in the background the other day, and holy hell is Trevor Noah shit! We're talking top of the toilet pit shit.
Trevor Noah sucks. Give me Colbert any day.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:41 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:08 pm
Motown322 wrote:
What's 40 the new of.. asking for a friend, of course!
Varies depending on how much hair he still has.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:06 am

There are a lot of flaws in your thinking, as this is not a direct time period competition.
bmw wrote:
In the Eastern and Central time zones, the 1/2 hour time difference applies. In the Mountain Time zone, Gutfeld airs at 9-10pm and Colbert 10:30 - 11:30pm. West Coast Pacific time Gutfeld airs at 8pm - 9pm and Colbert 11:30pm - 12:30am. If you aired Colbert at 8pm Pacific I'll bet he'd do a lot better.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:29 am

bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
EXACTLY the thought that crossed my mind when I read Rate's post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic