Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Liz Cheney

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Liz Cheney

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:44 pm

The Trumptards would have probably been better off letting her remain in Congress.

I believe this one is going to do far more damage outside the political system then when she was inside it. Besides running as an independent for President and spoiling the GOP's slim chances of ousting Biden, she's created a PAC...

Go Liz Go!
Overnight, Cheney formed a new leadership political action committee called "The Great Task," an aide confirmed to NBC. She filed with the Federal Election Commission to transfer remaining cash from her federal campaign account to the new PAC. At the end of July, she had more than $7 million cash on hand, according to FEC filings.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Liz Cheney

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm

TREASONIST DIZZY LIZZY. I WILL HAVE HER LOCKED UP. ! ! ! !

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm
TREASONIST DIZZY LIZZY. I WILL HAVE HER LOCKED UP. ! ! ! !
Fortunately, she is a woman and they will ignore her until the damage is done.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:11 pm

There is no claim any true Republican can make to refute this woman, either. They certainly can't call her a RINO based on her voting record in Congress. Her daddy is as GOP as they come. She just has more balls than McConnell or Cruz or DeSantis or anybody in that disgrace of a party, and speaks what she, and many others know.

The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm

There's a whole lot which could happen before 2024. The power vacuum at the top due to senility and total box checking incompetence is presently being filled by foxes in the henhouse, and who can even predict what damage they'll do to themselves? Meanwhile an already energized angry mob of opposition could become even angrier and more energized if Trump is charged in a third world style kangaroo court, let alone convicted. Liz Cheney is a vindictive old harpy, as indicated by her Hillaryesque tirade today.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:15 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:30 pm
There's a whole lot which could happen before 2024. The power vacuum at the top due to senility and total box checking incompetence is presently being filled by foxes in the henhouse, and who can even predict what damage they'll do to themselves? Meanwhile an already energized angry mob of opposition could become even angrier and more energized if Trump is charged in a third world style kangaroo court, let alone convicted. Liz Cheney is a vindictive old harpy, as indicated by her Hillaryesque tirade today.
Thank you for showing us how the bottom 10% of the reality spectrum are thinking these days.

Are you around women very often?

Also, how do you feel about Trump's actions leading to the death of law enforcement officers by "the angry mob" as you so accurately called them?

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

People are making way more out of her loss than should be. The bottom line is that the people she represents overwhelmingly opposed Trump's impeachment, and she voted to impeach, so they sent her packing. It is as simple as that and I don't think there's much more to read into her loss.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:44 pm
The Trumptards would have probably been better off letting her remain in Congress.

I believe this one is going to do far more damage outside the political system then when she was inside it. Besides running as an independent for President and spoiling the GOP's slim chances of ousting Biden, she's created a PAC...

Go Liz Go!
Overnight, Cheney formed a new leadership political action committee called "The Great Task," an aide confirmed to NBC. She filed with the Federal Election Commission to transfer remaining cash from her federal campaign account to the new PAC. At the end of July, she had more than $7 million cash on hand, according to FEC filings.
Biden is not running in 2024.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:44 pm

Go Liz Go!
Yup. I have to wonder if she now represents a greater threat to Trump being out of office than in. Don't forget, with her time spent on the Jan. 6th inquiry she has to have at least some peripheral knowledge of where the bodies are buried. Minimally she knows what questions to ask. $7M in PAC money should start a few conversations.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:34 pm

I think she just wants to fuck with him at the Republican debates. You think she'll just let him walk all over her like pussy boy Cruz or Little Marco? Talk about must-see TV!

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:34 pm
I think she just wants to fuck with him at the Republican debates. You think she'll just let him walk all over her like pussy boy Cruz or Little Marco? Talk about must-see TV!
I'm still not convinced Trump will run, particularly if it means campaign donation funds will be under greater scrutiny than he's currently enjoying as a undeclared candidate. I'm also not convinced he will participate in a debate, but if a Trump v. Cheney debate were to occur the RNC would be world-class dopes not to try and make it a pay-per-view event for fundraising. I know I'd pony up a lot of cash to watch that shitshow.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:19 am

As an independent voter there is no way I would ever vote for Trump in 2024. I could easily see myself voting for Cheney if she were the candidate.
I'd probably vote for her before Biden if he ran again.
I don't know what level of cognitive impairment Biden suffers now but it won't get better, only worse.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:35 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:19 am
As an independent voter there is no way I would ever vote for Trump in 2024. I could easily see myself voting for Cheney if she were the candidate.
I'd probably vote for her before Biden if he ran again.
I don't know what level of cognitive impairment Biden suffers now but it won't get better, only worse.
He’s a little fuddy duddy… Cognitive impairment is a little strong. I don’t know if you have been around a lot of people with actual cognitive impairment… I deal with it every day on the bus. It describes maybe a little over half the passengers… whatever you believe may be going on or evidence you want to cite is child’s play.

Of course curmudgeonly behavior I know how to spot too…. You seem to be developing some of that… it tends to come with aging… often times the onset is in your 60’s. It tends to cloud judgement. There isn’t a cure.

All kidding aside… I was reading recently that there are no true independent voters. People will say they are independent and only vote for the best available candidate… but in reality everybody leans in some direction and that’s reflected in voting patterns over time. I strongly suspect you probably lean rightward ever so slightly.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 am

You know the old saying: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Perfect example right here. She was soundly rejected by Wyoming voters and as a result she has decided to go to war with the Republican party. That's her right to do so, but if she wants to become even more unpopular with Republican voters, this is how to go about it.

Now you could say the same thing about Trump I suppose, re: losing in 2020. The difference is he's still quite popular among the party and actually could win in 2024. For Cheney, it wouldn't even be close.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:20 am

Maybe Liz can hook up with Jeb and we can get another Bush/Cheney term??

If she REALLY wants to prevent Trump from getting another term she should be ACTIVELY encouraging a conservative candidate with a SPINE who the rest of the "never Trumpers" can rally behind to make SURE a D doesn't get in the office. I doubt it would be her, but it's her only hope to regain some credibility other than just running with the "anybody but Trump" mantra. That's how we ended up with the mess we have now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic