Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Finley: Trump is the biggest RINO of all

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Finley: Trump is the biggest RINO of all

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:27 am

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 279115002/

It's impossible to dispute ANYTHING in this column.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Finley: Trump is the biggest RINO of all

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:09 am

Finley is one of the few conservative or conservative leaning individuals with editorial control over a major publication willing to repudiate Trumpism.

For that, I commend him!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:57 am

I know it's only a buck for 6 months, but I won't subscribe to the News or freep under principle. Any way you have another link?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:57 am
I know it's only a buck for 6 months, but I won't subscribe to the News or freep under principle. Any way you have another link?
Let's talk about the big RINO in the room.

Donald Trump and his legions have shunned, exiled and silenced loyal Republicans who've refused to pledge their unquestioning allegiance to the former president. They've labeled them RINOs, for Republicans in Name Only.

The epithet has been applied to some most unlikely targets. South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham has been called a RINO, as has Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, former Michigan Gov. John Engler as well as a long list of state and local officials who refused to intervene in the 2020 election count on Trump's behalf.

It's not just name-calling. Trump engages in what he calls RINO hunts, seeking to destroy the political careers of those Republicans who've dared defy him. Witness Rep. Peter Meijer of Grand Rapids, who was hit with a successful primary challenge because of his vote to impeach Trump.

Most who wear the RINO badge have been stalwart supporters of the GOP, and have worked to advance Republican and conservative causes.

They stand in contrast to Trump, who has done nothing for the Republican Party other than to tear it down piece by piece. He's not a Republican; the GOP is just the infrastructure on which he's hoisted his enormous ego. He's a narcissist whose only principle is self-indulgence. Trump would rather see a Democrat elected than a Republican who doesn't kiss his ring.

Look at the damage Trump has done to the party and conservativism.

The $1 trillion spending bill passed last week to massively expand the size and scope of the federal government would not have been possible had Trump not thrown a temper tantrum after his 2020 election loss and handed control of the Senate to Democrats. A half-million GOP voters in Georgia stayed home for the run-off elections at the urging of Trump allies, leading to the defeat of two incumbent Republicans. Had just one of them survived, the Democratic assaults on personal freedoms and responsible governing wouldn't have been possible.

Trump is also behind the dimming hopes of the GOP to retake the Senate this year. He intervened in the Pennsylvania and Ohio primaries, tipping the nominations to two out-of-the-mainstream candidates who are trailing significantly in the polls. If they lose in November, that's two more Republican seats gone.

Republicans were once looking to claim 50-60 new House seats this fall and control of the chamber. But following the Supreme Court's abortion ruling and the nomination of a slate of Trumpsters, that expectation has plunged.

The party's Trump wing placed pleasing him ahead of winning Congress. Why else would they sacrifice a sure thing in Michigan's Meijer?

Trump is is now dropping broad hints that he's ready to announce his 2024 presidential bid.

No less a loyalist than former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is urging him to wait until after the election, warning it would be a distraction for Republicans (he meant disaster).

A distraction is what Trump wants to be. He wants all of the attention, to be the sole influencer on the party and its undisputed master.

If the price is turning over the nation to progressive Democrats, the biggest RINO of all could care less.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Thanks for copying and pasting, Matt.

Not sure I agree with, "Democratic assaults on personal freedoms....." especially in light of the reactions to Roe vs. Wade going down, but in all, a very well-written article.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Two questions from an outsider with no skin in the game.

How can anyone not be scared as Hell at the grave peril in which this guy has placed your national security? How can anyone go on defending him?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:33 pm

How can anyone not be scared as Hell at the grave peril in which this guy has placed your national security? How can anyone go on defending him?
It’s. A. Cult.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 am

I hate to whizz on anyone's campfire, but most of us with a modicum of common sense disliked RINO's long before Trump became an issue. It has nothing to do with Trump, no matter how much you want that to be the case. I never voted for anyone named Bush or Romney. They are "ruling class" frauds.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 am

Turkeytop wrote:

I see "Dementia Joe" Biden as a much greater threat to national security. Look how much military hardware was left behind in Afghanistan, for instance. Both you and I know, Ukraine would have never happened with Trump in charge either.

The Democrats of my youth believed in "sticking it to the man" and did just that. The Democrats of today follow orders from "the man" and cancel everyone else. Remember what the great Michael Stivic said to Archie Bunker... "You think anyone you disagree with should be called a meathead, or thrown in jail..."

Which side is doing that now? :smokin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 am
Turkeytop wrote:

I see "Dementia Joe" Biden as a much greater threat to national security. Look how much military hardware was left behind in Afghanistan, for instance. Both you and I know, Ukraine would have never happened with Trump in charge either.

The Democrats of my youth believed in "sticking it to the man" and did just that. The Democrats of today follow orders from "the man" and cancel everyone else. Remember what the great Michael Stivic said to Archie Bunker... "You think anyone you disagree with should be called a meathead, or thrown in jail..."

Which side is doing that now? :smokin
Because he’s a king and the military is too stupid to grab the equipment without a reminder from him. That happened because Trump and his agreement gave away the store in exchange for that withdrawal. It absolutely would have gone that bad either way. He negotiated a flaming bag of a deal.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 am

Both you and I know, Ukraine would have never happened with Trump in charge either.
:lol: I love broad, unproven, ridiculous assertions some people claim as facts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic