Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Florida Dept. of Health recommends males 18-39 NOT get Covid vaccine

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Florida Dept. of Health recommends males 18-39 NOT get Covid vaccine

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:37 pm

...or at least the mRNA versions, which is most of them, due to an 84% increased risk of heart attack in the 28 days following vaccination.
The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety. This studied mortality risk following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination. This analysis found there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. Individuals with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis, should take particular caution when considering vaccination and discuss with their health care provider.

As such, the Florida Department of Health has issued the following guidance:

Based on currently available data, patients should be informed of the possible cardiac complications that can arise after receiving a mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiacrelated death among men in this age group. The State Surgeon General now recommends against the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines for males ages 18-39 years old.
https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-con ... ovdelivery

Here's the study:

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-con ... alysis.pdf

I'm sure you all know my thoughts on this, so I'll just leave it there.

Rate This

Re: Florida Dept. of Health recommends males 18-39 NOT get Covid vaccine

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:37 pm
...or at least the mRNA versions, which is most of them, due to an 84% increased risk of heart attack in the 28 days following vaccination.
The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety. This studied mortality risk following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination. This analysis found there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. Individuals with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis, should take particular caution when considering vaccination and discuss with their health care provider.

Based on currently available data, patients should be informed of the possible cardiac complications that can arise after receiving a mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiacrelated death among men in this age group. The State Surgeon General now recommends against the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines for males ages 18-39 years old.

Here's the study:

Because of the oddly politicized nature of Florida at the moment I’d like to see several outside folks agree with them. This is the same state that went after the person who was crunching numbers on deaths and such with a bunch of armed officers bursting into her house. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:37 pm

Reaching again to prove that he wasn't wrong
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:42 pm

And the Democrats never politicized Covid? Give me a break.

If you've got specific criticisms of the study (it is only 8 pages so shouldn't take long to read), I'd like to hear them.

I'm not reaching for anything. I'm pointing out that a state in this country is now officially of the stance that adult males under age 39 should not get the vaccine. Given the degree of herd immunity that now exists, the lower severity of Omicron, and the extremely low mortality rate in that age group, I'm inclined to agree with their recommendation.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:42 pm
And the Democrats never politicized Covid? Give me a break.

If you've got specific criticisms of the study (it is only 8 pages so shouldn't take long to read), I'd like to hear them.

I'm not reaching for anything. I'm pointing out that a state in this country is now officially of the stance that adult males under age 39 should not get the vaccine. Given the degree of herd immunity that now exists, the lower severity of Omicron, and the extremely low mortality rate in that age group, I'm inclined to agree with their recommendation.
Not saying they didn't. I'm saying the Florida Surgeon General is allowing his personal skepticism of the vaccines to determine his moves in office.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:58 am

Completely reckless and irresponsible. But that’s DeSatan.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:57 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:28 pm
bmw wrote:

Here's the study:

Because of the oddly politicized nature of Florida at the moment I’d like to see several outside folks agree with them. This is the same state that went after the person who was crunching numbers on deaths and such with a bunch of armed officers bursting into her house. I don’t trust them as far as I can throw them.
Can we stop spreading the debunked lie: https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/flori ... index.html
Investigators determined the state's Covid-19 data was not falsified, saying in the report that the manipulation Jones alleged "did not occur."

Witnesses within the department told investigators they were "skeptical" of Jones' initial claims of being asked to manipulate data because she was not an epidemiologist and did not have access to the dashboard's underlying Covid-19 data repositories. The report said Jones only had access to a public-facing dashboard that visualized the data, and that information matched the data the department shared in a daily report to the public.

"If the complainant or other DOH staff were to have falsified COVID-19 data on the dashboard, the dashboard would then not have matched the data in the corresponding final daily report," the report said, noting "such a discrepancy" would have been detected by staff in the state Bureau of Epidemiology and by other groups such as local governments and the media.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:26 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:57 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:28 pm
bmw wrote:

Here's the study:

Can we stop spreading the debunked lie: https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/flori ... index.html
Investigators determined the state's Covid-19 data was not falsified, saying in the report that the manipulation Jones alleged "did not occur."

Witnesses within the department told investigators they were "skeptical" of Jones' initial claims of being asked to manipulate data because she was not an epidemiologist and did not have access to the dashboard's underlying Covid-19 data repositories. The report said Jones only had access to a public-facing dashboard that visualized the data, and that information matched the data the department shared in a daily report to the public.

"If the complainant or other DOH staff were to have falsified COVID-19 data on the dashboard, the dashboard would then not have matched the data in the corresponding final daily report," the report said, noting "such a discrepancy" would have been detected by staff in the state Bureau of Epidemiology and by other groups such as local governments and the media.
Ok. Works for me.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:20 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:58 am
Oh. I see Democrats only believe in science when it suits them.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:52 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:20 am
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:58 am
Oh. I see Democrats only believe in science when it suits them.
The question becomes where did they get the data and was it massaged in any way?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 am

I am inclined to accept the Florida Department of Health study as credible, especially in view of the fact only a specific age & gender group was recommended to exercise caution in receiving the mRNA vaccine.

Have they issued any guidance relative to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:29 pm

As best I understand it, their guidance in this regard is limited in scope to mRNA vaccines, so I'm not sure if they're specifically recommending that males 18-39 get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Also in fairness, this wasn't necessarily the math that existed a year ago when Delta was raging and there was far less herd immunity. Still a close call even then in my view for that particular age group, but today, if you're a young, healthy male and you've had Covid (most have) and haven't yet been vaccinated, I don't see the point in getting it now as your odds of dying from Omicron if a previous variant didn't kill you are extremely low.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:59 pm

So when I turn 40 in March, it’s suddenly okay? Sorry, but that’s just brain dead. This is pseudo science. This is what happens when fascism creates its own narrative. It is why the GOP wants to defund public schools.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:50 pm

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:59 pm
This is pseudo science.
Does the science that establishes that there are two genders fall in that category too? How about the science that confirms that it is a bad idea to send Covid positive people to nursing homes. Is that "pseudo science?" How about the science that shows that where there is a heartbeat there is life?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:49 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:50 pm
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:59 pm
This is pseudo science.
Does the science that establishes that there are two genders fall in that category too? How about the science that confirms that it is a bad idea to send Covid positive people to nursing homes. Is that "pseudo science?" How about the science that shows that where there is a heartbeat there is life?
The second one isn’t science… it’s common sense. The third one… do we know that? One of the great questions of all time. If you ask a Christian then “life” begins at conception. If you ask a Jew it begins at birth. Which is it? We seem to have a disagreement.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic