Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:40 pm

As to it taking the government so long to figure this out - this is still odd to me. Because they've been investigating Trump for stolen documents for at least 8 months now. I would think that way back when, one of the first actions they would have taken was to have, whoever has the security clearance to do so - have that person do an inventory of particularly sensitive documents and compare what is supposed to be there to what is actually there. I can't imagine there's troves and troves if HIGHLY sensitive documents. Then again, I know nothing about how this stuff is stored and catalogued.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:48 pm

I think the government may have been informed only recently that such sensitive documents allegedly existed at Mar-a-Lago.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:51 pm

And that's been the speculation I've been reading as well. My question then is, how did this informant find out in the first place? First-hand access? Hearsay? And WHEN did he find out?

Still a lot of unanswered questions. My biggest one right now is just how truly sensitive were the classified documents that the FBI recovered? There's a pretty wide range from extremely mundane all the way up to could destroy the world if in the wrong hands.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:51 pm
And that's been the speculation I've been reading as well. My question then is, how did this informant find out in the first place? First-hand access? Hearsay? And WHEN did he find out?

Still a lot of unanswered questions. My biggest one right now is just how truly sensitive were the classified documents that the FBI recovered? There's a pretty wide range from extremely mundane all the way up to could destroy the world if in the wrong hands.
Another question to ask is if any documents that were marked "top secret" have since been declassified. That happens frequently.

Before I make a judgement, I'm going to wait for ALL the facts to come out.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:12 pm

Looking like they seized things they tried to get back repeatedly and he refused to give them up which runs contrary to his claims to have fully cooperated and “why didn’t you just ask me?”. He refused and refused and refused some more. Now they will try to argue they were declassified. I would think the Feds would know what is and isn’t declassified. There’s a clear process for that. Trump will probably try to say they were planted that occurred to me too.
The seized records include some that were marked classified as top secret and also “sensitive compartmented information,” a special category meant to protect the nation’s most important secrets and those that if revealed publicly would harm U.S. interests. The court records did not provide specific details about the documents or what information they might contain.

The warrant details that federal agents were investigating potential violations of three different federal laws, including one that governs gathering, transmitting or losing defense information under the Espionage Act. The other statutes address the concealment, mutilation or removal of records and the destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in federal investigations.

The property receipt also showed federal agents collected other potential presidential records, including the order pardoning Trump ally Roger Stone, a “leatherbound box of documents,” and information about the “President of France.” A binder of photos, a handwritten note, “miscellaneous secret documents” and “miscellaneous confidential documents” were also seized in the search.

Trump’s attorney, Christina Bobb, who was present at Mar-a-Lago when the agents conducted the search, signed both property receipts — one that was two pages long and another that is a single page.

In a statement earlier Friday, Trump claimed that the documents seized by agents were “all declassified,” and argued that he would have turned over the documents to the Justice Department if asked.

While incumbent presidents have the power to declassify information, that authority lapses as soon as they leave office and it was not clear if the documents in question have ever been declassified. Trump also kept possession of the documents despite multiple requests from agencies, including the National Archives, to turn over presidential records in accordance with federal law.
https://apnews.com/article/f63c018b600e ... a896a132d0

If he gets popped for violating those laws especially the first one the Republicans can kiss 2024 goodbye as far as his chances go. Then the Democrats will tie all the Trump clones to him and they can kiss 2022 goodbye.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:12 pm
Looking like they seized things they tried to get back repeatedly and he refused to give them up which runs contrary to his claims to have fully cooperated and “why didn’t you just ask me?”. He refused and refused and refused some more. Now they will try to argue they were declassified. I would think the Feds would know what is and isn’t declassified. There’s a clear process for that. Trump will probably try to say they were planted that occurred to me too.
The seized records include some that were marked classified as top secret and also “sensitive compartmented information,” a special category meant to protect the nation’s most important secrets and those that if revealed publicly would harm U.S. interests. The court records did not provide specific details about the documents or what information they might contain.

The warrant details that federal agents were investigating potential violations of three different federal laws, including one that governs gathering, transmitting or losing defense information under the Espionage Act. The other statutes address the concealment, mutilation or removal of records and the destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in federal investigations.

The property receipt also showed federal agents collected other potential presidential records, including the order pardoning Trump ally Roger Stone, a “leatherbound box of documents,” and information about the “President of France.” A binder of photos, a handwritten note, “miscellaneous secret documents” and “miscellaneous confidential documents” were also seized in the search.

Trump’s attorney, Christina Bobb, who was present at Mar-a-Lago when the agents conducted the search, signed both property receipts — one that was two pages long and another that is a single page.

In a statement earlier Friday, Trump claimed that the documents seized by agents were “all declassified,” and argued that he would have turned over the documents to the Justice Department if asked.

While incumbent presidents have the power to declassify information, that authority lapses as soon as they leave office and it was not clear if the documents in question have ever been declassified. Trump also kept possession of the documents despite multiple requests from agencies, including the National Archives, to turn over presidential records in accordance with federal law.

If he gets popped for violating those laws especially the first one the Republicans can kiss 2024 goodbye as far as his chances go. Then the Democrats will tie all the Trump clones to him and they can kiss 2022 goodbye.
You are such a partisan hack, it isn't even funny. To suggest that people are going to overlook the economic disaster this failed administration has brought to this country shows how delusional you are.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
Looking like they seized things they tried to get back repeatedly and he refused to give them up which runs contrary to his claims to have fully cooperated and “why didn’t you just ask me?”. He refused and refused and refused some more.
Where are you reading this? This sounds very different than:
The [Wall Street] Journal reports that "a senior Justice Department national security supervisor and three FBI agents" visited Mar-a-Lago on June 3, specifically "to discuss boxes with government records sitting in a basement storage room along with suits, sweaters and golf shoes."

That visit, the Journal adds, was cordial, with Trump himself telling agents: "I appreciate the job you're doing. Anything you need, let us know."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fbi ... 58855.html

So the FBI was there, at his residence, on June 3. Why didn't they take those boxes of documents at that time?

I'd be curious to know if the classified documents they obtained through the raid were located in that basement storage room, or elsewhere on the property.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 pm
Rate This wrote:

You are such a partisan hack, it isn't even funny. To suggest that people are going to overlook the economic disaster this failed administration has brought to this country shows how delusional you are.
Not at all… most Republicans tied themselves to Trump at the hip including election denial. If he gets popped for espionage or selling national security secrets or what have you there will be a massive campaign to tie it around their necks. They can’t just wave away their staunch support. “If you blindly support someone who gives away our countries secrets how can we trust your judgement on anything else?”. Very likely fatal with independents. Coupled with the stuff that just passed the Democrats can run on and the easing inflation and continued strong job growth… it’s far from doom and gloom over here.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 pm
Rate This wrote:

Not at all… most Republicans tied themselves to Trump at the hip including election denial. If he gets popped for espionage or selling national security secrets or what have you there will be a massive campaign to tie it around their necks. They can’t just wave away their staunch support. “If you blindly support someone who gives away our countries secrets how can we trust your judgement on anything else?”. Very likely fatal with independents. Coupled with the stuff that just passed the Democrats can run on and the easing inflation and continued strong job growth… it’s far from doom and gloom over here.
You're assuming Trump gets the nomination. I think that is becoming less and less certain by the day.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:40 pm

RT - So you think Trump was involved with selling our military secrets to enemy countries?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:23 pm
Rate This wrote:
Looking like they seized things they tried to get back repeatedly and he refused to give them up which runs contrary to his claims to have fully cooperated and “why didn’t you just ask me?”. He refused and refused and refused some more.
Where are you reading this? This sounds very different than:
The [Wall Street] Journal reports that "a senior Justice Department national security supervisor and three FBI agents" visited Mar-a-Lago on June 3, specifically "to discuss boxes with government records sitting in a basement storage room along with suits, sweaters and golf shoes."

That visit, the Journal adds, was cordial, with Trump himself telling agents: "I appreciate the job you're doing. Anything you need, let us know."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fbi ... 58855.html

So the FBI was there, at his residence, on June 3. Why didn't they take those boxes of documents at that time?

I'd be curious to know if the classified documents they obtained through the raid were located in that basement storage room, or elsewhere on the property.
The same AP article includes these passages:
Trump’s attorney, Christina Bobb, who was present at Mar-a-Lago when the agents conducted the search, signed two property receipts — one that was two pages long and another that is a single page.
For awhile now Trump has been claiming his lawyers were not allowed to be there. If they’ve walked that back I stand corrected. I haven’t had time since Monday to puruse Hannity to hear the latest Trump talking points but it’s on my list.

Moving on:
Trump kept possession of the documents despite multiple requests from agencies, including the National Archives, to turn over presidential records in accordance with federal law.

The Mar-a-Lago search warrant served Monday was part of an ongoing Justice Department investigation into the discovery of classified White House records recovered from Trump’s home earlier this year. The Archives had asked the department to investigate after saying 15 boxes of records it retrieved from the estate included classified records.
So they found classified information in the 15 boxes of records they wanted back and then opened this investigation at the request of the national archives.

Also:
In this case, according to a person familiar with the matter, there was substantial engagement with Trump and his representatives prior to the search warrant, including a subpoena for records and a visit to Mar-a-Lago a couple of months ago by FBI and Justice Department officials to assess how the documents were stored. The person was not authorized to discuss the matter by name and spoke on condition of anonymity.
So he ended up getting some sort of cover blown by someone in his inner circle that made them act RIGHT NOW POST HASTE.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:40 pm
RT - So you think Trump was involved with selling our military secrets to enemy countries?
They don’t go investigating you under espionage related statutes unless you did something pointed in that direction. If he simply held onto things and refused to return them the other two laws that were cited about mishandling secret information should have been sufficient. But they added the “Gathering TRANSMITTING or losing information under the espionage act” directly in the warrant.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:41 pm
In this case, according to a person familiar with the matter, there was substantial engagement with Trump and his representatives prior to the search warrant, including a subpoena for records and a visit to Mar-a-Lago a couple of months ago by FBI and Justice Department officials to assess how the documents were stored. The person was not authorized to discuss the matter by name and spoke on condition of anonymity.
That's the June 3rd visit I was referring to. As I noted, "That visit, the Journal adds, was cordial, with Trump himself telling agents: 'I appreciate the job you're doing. Anything you need, let us know.'"

Were there any further document production requests after that meeting? Or was it straight to the raid?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:46 pm
"Gathering TRANSMITTING or losing information under the espionage act”
So Hillary was engaged in espionage? Comey explicitly stated that Hillary was engaged in transmitting classified information over unsecure wifi in enemy territory.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:40 pm
You're assuming Trump gets the nomination. I think that is becoming less and less certain by the day.
For what it's worth, the odds of Trump becoming the nominee on PredictIt have not budged 1 cent over the past 20 hours. Apparently bettors don't think this will derail his nomination. Under ordinary circumstances, or if anybody other than Trump, a day like today would have plunged said odds.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic