Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is Saudi Oil Cleaner?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Is Saudi Oil Cleaner?

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:51 pm

So Biden shuts down a fair amount of oil production in the U.S. because oil and it's by products are a cause of climate change. Then, takes a trip to Saudi Arabia to beg them to produce more oil because we need it. Umm, does Saudi Oil burn cleaner than the oil we were producing here? Does Saudi oil burn cleaner than the oil that was going to come down from Canada in the pipeline he shut down?

Like so many other things he and his administration have done, it defies logic.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: Is Saudi Oil Cleaner?

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:09 am

Has any reporter ever actually asked him or his press secretary this question?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:42 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:09 am
Has any reporter ever actually asked him or his press secretary this question?
:lol :lol :lol

At least Biden can fall back on the fact that he has dementia. What is the press sec's excuse for being terrible at her job?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 am

The greatest foreign supplier of oil to the US isn't Saudi Arabia. It's Canada. Most Canadian oil exported to US comes from the Athabasca Tar Sands in Alberta. The process of extracting to oil from the sands is extremely polluting.

If the US would replace its Canadian imports with Saudi imports it would be a plus for the North American environment.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:30 am

If Saudies pump more oil, that might bump the prices down a bit, but the US consumption is currently limited by refining capacity. The amount we shut down over the last two years puts us dangerously close to completely maxing out all existing capacity. Just one little "incident" at a refinery would cause prices to instantly spike again.

We do need more crude flowing, but that has to come with an increased ability to process it into finished product.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:55 pm

Km1125 is 100 percent correct.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:37 pm

Fort McMurray, Alberta - Just south of the great Canadian Moonscape!

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Fort+M ... 11.3790095

Anyone want to get us started on the pollution to the Athabasca River?

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 am
The greatest foreign supplier of oil to the US isn't Saudi Arabia. It's Canada. Most Canadian oil exported to US comes from the Athabasca Tar Sands in Alberta. The process of extracting to oil from the sands is extremely polluting.

If the US would replace its Canadian imports with Saudi imports it would be a plus for the North American environment.
And therein lies a dilemma.
Canadian oil is cheaper. Replacing Alberta oil with Saudi oil would drive the price of gas up.

Who knows. Maybe that's why Biden is asking the Saudi's to ramp up. Higher gas prices make electrics more attractive.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:25 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 am

Canadian oil is cheaper. Replacing Alberta oil with Saudi oil would drive the price of gas up.

Who knows. Maybe that's why Biden is asking the Saudi's to ramp up. Higher gas prices make electrics more attractive.

But, doesn't all oil sell for the world price? Today, that's about $88. US.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:30 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:25 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 pm

But, doesn't all oil sell for the world price? Today, that's about $88. US.
I believe I have read a few times that Prairie Provinces oil is lower than US and Saudi oil. If I'm reading this chart right, today oil from Saudi Arabia ranges from about $97 to $103 a barrel. Oil from Western Canada and Alberta is about $86 a barrel.

https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/#prices

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic