Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christians falling short...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Christians falling short...

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:18 am

This is an example of how religion is failing in the days of demigods and political dogma...
In the 106-page report released by the Department of Interior in April, 408 boarding schools across 37 states or territories, including five in the state of Michigan between the years 1819 and 1969 were investigated. The report states that physical and sexual abuse was rampant at the institutions, with students beaten for speaking their native languages. That legacy of that abuse and isolation from family has been cited by Indigenous leaders as a root cause of the epidemic rates of alcohol and drug addiction now in Native American communities.

Indigenous leaders also called attention to Christian doctrines and documents that shaped these policies that have never been rescinded.

Pope Nicholas V’s Bull established the principle of the right of conquest, which later on led to the infamous Inter Caetera Papal Bull issued by Pope Alexander VI on May 4, 1493.

It declared that any land not inhabited by Christians was available to be discovered, claimed, and exploited by Christian rulers and declared that “the Catholic faith and the Christian religion be exalted and be everywhere increased and spread, that the health of souls be cared for and that barbarous nations be overthrown and brought to the faith itself.”
https://www.record-eagle.com/news/local ... fa694.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Christians falling short...

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:13 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:18 am
This is an example of how religion is failing in the days of demigods and political dogma...
In the 106-page report released by the Department of Interior in April, 408 boarding schools across 37 states or territories, including five in the state of Michigan between the years 1819 and 1969 were investigated. The report states that physical and sexual abuse was rampant at the institutions, with students beaten for speaking their native languages. That legacy of that abuse and isolation from family has been cited by Indigenous leaders as a root cause of the epidemic rates of alcohol and drug addiction now in Native American communities.

Indigenous leaders also called attention to Christian doctrines and documents that shaped these policies that have never been rescinded.

Pope Nicholas V’s Bull established the principle of the right of conquest, which later on led to the infamous Inter Caetera Papal Bull issued by Pope Alexander VI on May 4, 1493.

It declared that any land not inhabited by Christians was available to be discovered, claimed, and exploited by Christian rulers and declared that “the Catholic faith and the Christian religion be exalted and be everywhere increased and spread, that the health of souls be cared for and that barbarous nations be overthrown and brought to the faith itself.”
https://www.record-eagle.com/news/local ... fa694.html
They should be rescinded now for being obsolete if they haven’t already. But they were a normal product of their time. Every group on earth thought they were the big man on campus and had a divine right or relationship with whatever they had or could get. Boilerplate stuff.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:46 pm

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:46 pm

Christianity needs to get back to its roots. “Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.” Today’s Republican Party would shun Christ if he walked in person. He believed in free medical care and the free distribution of food.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:40 pm

Our board faith leaders must agree. No word from them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pm

In other breaking news, black people were slaves to white people in the early to mid 1800s.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:07 pm

I am in the 68th percentile for Neanderthal DNA.
It's not a coincidence my people went extinct when humans showed up. That was 38000 years before Christianity when you took us down.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:53 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:07 pm
I am in the 68th percentile for Neanderthal DNA.
It's not a coincidence my people went extinct when humans showed up. That was 38000 years before Christianity when you took us down.
68th percentile? If they weren’t humans were they people? Maybe you should ask for reparations from all of humanity?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pm
In other breaking news, black people were slaves to white people in the early to mid 1800s.
Wait until TCT learns who ended slavery...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pm
Wait until TCT learns who ended slavery...
BMW and Bryce?

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:32 am

Foma- small untruths to comfort simple souls

From a young age, I figured out religion was one of the cruelest jokes played on mankind.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic