Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans Giddy About 86ing Vets Healthcare Bill

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15846

Republicans Giddy About 86ing Vets Healthcare Bill

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:03 pm

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-fistbump-p ... es-1729031

Somehow I'm not surprised in the slightest. Nothing The GQP does surprises me these days.

km1125

Re: Republicans Giddy About 86ing Vets Healthcare Bill

Post by km1125 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:30 pm

Pretty/petty bullshit "journalism".

In the beginning of the article, they do explain that the only reason that the Senate had to vote on this again was because "a technical change the House made to the bill", but the don't really highlight that THOSE changes were why folks objected.

But it's not till the very end of the article we find out that the reason it lost support was because "this version of the PACT Act contains an irresponsible Democratic provision allowing Congress to recklessly spend an additional $400 billion on programs totally unrelated to our veterans."

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:56 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:03 pm
https://www.newsweek.com/gop-fistbump-p ... es-1729031

Somehow I'm not surprised in the slightest. Nothing The GQP does surprises me these days.
How is Perrysburg, fuck OH these days?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm

It's confusing why so many veterans would want to vote for a party who cuts needed funding for The VA, whilst giving money to there thieving friends on Wall street. Shameful.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:12 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm
It's confusing why so many veterans would want to vote for a party who cuts needed funding for The VA, whilst giving money to there thieving friends on Wall street. Shameful.
Spare us, plus more democrats than republicans voted for the CHIPS act, which some claim is corporate welfare. And you haven't refuted the claim that Democrats added $400 billion on programs totally unrelated to veterans.

If that is accurate then it should be voted down.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:05 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:12 am
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm
Spare us, plus more democrats than republicans voted for the CHIPS act, which some claim is corporate welfare. And you haven't refuted the claim that Democrats added $400 billion on programs totally unrelated to veterans.

If that is accurate then it should be voted down.
That’s how the sausage gets made bud…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic