Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mr.Peabody's corner- Ok Boomer.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Mr.Peabody's corner- Ok Boomer.

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:04 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:02 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 pm
Rate This?
Did you bring me out of hiding for a reason?

Part of the problem with the boomers is that they are hanging on for too long… we are about 10 years removed from the oldest of them pushing 85 for gods sakes. How long can the status quo group of 30 years ago stick around? And don’t tell me it’s some sort of “we want what’s best for you” thing either… the generation gap is so large you could drive a Mack truck through it so any major changes boomers make to satisfy themselves and party like it’s 1952 may cause riots in the streets.

There will come a time around 2035-2040 when the boomers will be nearly completely irrelevant. When we get there we will get some meaningful change and the dam will break. Given the makeup of millennials and gen Z politically it will be a large leftward lurch. They actually have the ability to do this now… millenials are the largest bloc of people in the US… we just don’t vote as reliably as boomers do.
And that will be the final nail in the "Great Experiment".
Said someone in 1880 about those in 1950. People have made a cottage industry of predicting doom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic