Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

R's take a beating and whine

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

R's take a beating and whine

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:02 am

And another example of how any sort of "bipartisanship" is ancient history.
Can House Republicans kill CHIPS?

The House vote today on CHIPS Plus is going to be very interesting now. Remember, the Senate passed the legislation Wednesday by a wide bipartisan margin.
The reason Republicans agreed to do that was because Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) signaled they were done discussing a tax-raising and money-spending reconciliation deal. McConnell and Cornyn believed that. Now Republicans are pretty peeved and even voted against a bipartisan veterans health care bill in response.
Boo hoo - the big bad Democrats lied to us, and now we are going to take our ball and go home.

McConnell has fucked over Democrats time after time. About time he and his cronies get bent over.

zzand

Re: R's take a beating and whine

Post by zzand » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:20 am

That's a great way to govern a country...not. Shit like that is how we have ended up in the mess we are in now.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:38 am

Let's be honest here. While I agree with your general assessment that bipartisanship is mostly dead, on the rare occasion it does happen, it is always an R crossing the aisle to help pass a D's bill. When's the last time that's happened the other way around? Sure, there are examples of D's killing D-sponsored bills, but how about actually voting to pass an R-sponsored bill?

And how about the Supreme Court? Can you tell me the last time that a liberal justice sided with conservative justices on a controversial ruling? It is fairly routine for one or two conservative justices to side with the liberal ones, but the other way around? Name me an example. I'll wait.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:54 am

Which series of bmw he/she/it has, we don't know but he/she/it wrote:it is always an R crossing the aisle to help pass a D's bill
Here's the question - was the infrastructure bill a D or R? Neither. Is the CHIPS bill a D or R? Again neither. Both of these were truly bipartisan.

But let's go back to.. say. 2018. The First Step Act, introduced and written by Republican Doug Collins of Georgia passed with broad Democratic Party member support and was signed into law by President Trump.

Gosh, was that so hard to find and disprove your statement? No...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic