Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The pro-choice movement is now ‘anti-pro-life’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

The pro-choice movement is now ‘anti-pro-life’

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:46 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Re: The pro-choice movement is now ‘anti-pro-life’

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:58 pm

Trash!

The censorship king from out of state.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:47 am

I love how these political arguments and "opinion" columns spend so much time trying to define the opposing position instead of defending their own. It was a staple of the Rush Limbaugh daily egogasm. He spent more time trying to "define" liberalism than outlining a conservative agenda.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 am

So, all the years of hearing "pro-choice" VS "anti-abortion" has you two bent out of shape when the tables are turned?

It always should have been "pro-choice and "pro-life".

The fact that a bunch of meatheads go into a tantrum over a speaker with opposing beliefs shows how afraid of the truth they really are. Unfortunately, ‘anti-pro-life’ fits their MO, so they should try it on for size.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:29 am

Why don't we call it what it really is: pro-killing-unborn-babies and anti-killing-unborn-babies.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:32 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 am
So, all the years of hearing "pro-choice" VS "anti-abortion" has you two bent out of shape when the tables are turned?
Of course, you would choose to take a shot as opposed to advance a position. No, I'm not bent out of shape, as I don't accept the designation.

I'm pro life - the life of a 10 year old rape victim who was taken advantage of to promote an agenda instead of being taken care of and treated like a human being.

I'm pro life- the life of a mother with an endangered pregnancy who can't get a straight answer out of anyone when she asks for help.

I'm pro life- the life of a newborn abandoned at birth by a society that says "It's not my job to raise somebody else's child." (Direct quote from a Buzzboard poster.) So let's just throw that child to the wolves.

I'm pro life - the life of a doctor who is shot by a protester, and the life of a genuinely sincere person trying to save an unborn's life being harassed by protestors.

Abortion as "birth control" is not the best plan. But no abortion and no birth control is another really bad idea. And anyone who thinks we can legislate morality to return to some "ideal" time is a total fool.

I also think it's a VERY BAD idea to pass laws about medicine and women without including women and doctors in the discussion.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:51 am

FakeAndyStuart - whines about someone "taking a shot" at him.

FankeAndyStuart - several sentences later, takes an out-of-context shot at me. What you conveniently left out is that my statement was in the context of not being my job AS A TAXPAYER (my response was to things like health care, food assistance, and child care). Taxpayers should not be on the hook for someone else's poor decisions in life. There's plenty of charity and volunteers out there for that. Your solution seems to be rather than have a child be born to a mother incapable of taking care of him/her, the mother should just kill the baby first; and if the mother chooses to have the baby, then let's burden others (involuntarily) with the cost of raising that child.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:51 am
FakeAndyStuart - whines about someone "taking a shot" at him.

FankeAndyStuart - several sentences later, takes an out-of-context shot at me. What you conveniently left out is that my statement was in the context of not being my job AS A TAXPAYER (my response was to things like health care, food assistance, and child care). Taxpayers should not be on the hook for someone else's poor decisions in life. There's plenty of charity and volunteers out there for that. Your solution seems to be rather than have a child be born to a mother incapable of taking care of him/her, the mother should just kill the baby first; and if the mother chooses to have the baby, then let's burden others (involuntarily) with the cost of raising that child.
WHEW! Talk about thin skinned... Okay, here's your ENTIRE quote, which to me doesn't mirror any of the comments above and in my mind was not taken "out of context." If you feel shot at, my apologies that you had to duck.
It's not my job to raise somebody else's child. Again - cultural problem. People who aren't ready or able to raise children shouldn't be engaging in the acts that leads to them having children in the first place. We always talk in the gun control debate about trying to "get to the root of the problem," the root which isn't easily determined. In the abortion discussion, the root of the problem is quite clear as pregnancies literally 99% of the time occur because of a very specific voluntary action.
Your argument in today's comments does have some merit. However, if we don't share some burden to help those who can't help themselves, we will certainly pay for it when we need to try, convict and jail them in the future.

And again, I love the fact that you automatically think you can define what my "solution" is. I use your words to describe your position. You just make mine up to suit your argument. To help, here is my position - I would 100% support a ban on abortion (except for the life of the mother, which includes the trauma of raising a rapist's child) if the father was also held responsible for the child and society would provide the necessary tools (pre natal care, child health care, daycare etc.) so both the mother and the future adult could be contributing members of society.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:22 pm

The proper terms should just be "anti abortion" and "pro abortion". Its as simple as that and avoids any confusion or semantics games.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:23 pm

And the pro life movement is pro death.

https://youtu.be/29VPLXCadIg

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic