Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How Did Democrats Become So Out of Touch With the American People?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

How Did Democrats Become So Out of Touch With the American People?

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:07 pm

Going out by request for joe...out of touch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAZQZEL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

FakeAndyStuart

Re: How Did Democrats Become So Out of Touch With the American People?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:53 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:07 pm
Going out by request for joe...out of touch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAZQZEL
It seems obvious to me.. it's not Democrats, it's Biden's team. Lack of enthusiasm, bad messaging, and not corralling all the parties into a single entity. One thing Trump did REALLY well is solidify his team right away, and they accomplished something right away - the tax cuts - and he bragged about it every day. A H*** infrastructure bill was passed early in the Biden administration, and they have let Republicans take some credit for it. (Where did I read that 75% of Americans think that infrastructure bill has not passed Congress yet?) Biden is acting like it's 1992 instead of 2022. The rules have changed - and he hasn't.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:09 am

FakeAndyStuart hit the nail on the head.

The "out of touch" Democrats are probably going to sweep all three top offices in the State of Michigan election this year, so I would contend they are not the only party who stinks when it comes to messaging.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:46 am

It seems both are out of touch. Certainly The United States and in some respects Great Britain, have been under this experiment of classic liberalism for over 40 years now. Now we are being left to contemplate the outcome of it.

I suspect, Governor Whitmer will gain a 2nd term as these Republicans running are just dreadful.

FredLeonard

Post by FredLeonard » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:44 pm

Neither is out of touch with all of the "American people." Democrats are focused on (and pandering to) minority victim/entitlement groups. Republicans are focused on (and pandering to) working class rednecks, specifically Bible Bangers, gun nuts and bigots. Of course, both parties work for the one percenters and corporations who give them money. Remember and honest politician is one who stays bought.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:16 pm

Both parties are focusing on the extremes on the (R) and (D) side of the aisle. The loudmouths of each party are the ones they are pandering to kicking the regular folk off to the side.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:58 pm

FredLeonard wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:44 pm
Neither is out of touch with all of the "American people." Democrats are focused on (and pandering to) minority victim/entitlement groups. Republicans are focused on (and pandering to) working class rednecks, specifically Bible Bangers, gun enthusiasts, and bigots. Of course, both parties work for the one percenters and corporations who give them money. Remember and honest politician is one who stays bought.
FIFY

The "gun nuts" are clearly on the other side of the aisle.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:16 am

This is part and parcel of why I believe parliamentary system seems to be a better representative of people as a whole. The 2 political parties in The United States cannot seem to find consensus over virtually anything at all.

Not to mention The highest court in the land, handing down decisions such as, Corporations being people(Cannot recall the who VS who), Citizens United, and I'm sure others. As over used as this analysis is, this is the very reason The United States cannot have a grown up government.

I'm fairly certain things will continue down this road for the foreseeable future. I'd place a proverbial bet on the roulette wheel that by 2030, not one bloody thing will have changed.

Dit is deel van die rede waarom ek glo die parlementêre stelsel blyk 'n beter verteenwoordiger van mense as 'n geheel te wees. Die 2 politieke partye in die Verenigde State kan blykbaar glad nie konsensus oor feitlik enigiets vind nie.

Om nie eens te praat van die hoogste hof in die land nie, wat besluite gee soos, Korporasies is mense (Kan nie onthou wie VS wie nie), Citizens United, en ek is seker ander. So oorgebruik soos hierdie analise is, dit is die rede waarom die Verenigde State nie 'n volwasse regering kan hê nie.

Ek is redelik seker dinge sal vir die afsienbare toekoms op hierdie pad voortgaan. Ek sou 'n spreekwoordelike weddenskap op die roulettewiel plaas dat teen 2030 nie een verdomde ding sal verander het nie.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:27 am

Were they ever in touch in the first place?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic