Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pence security detail called family members to say goodbye on 1/6

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: Pence security detail called family members to say goodbye on 1/6

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:56 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:50 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:01 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:04 pm
...... this star chamber of a show trial that isn't going to accomplish a damn thing except make the people that already hate Trump possibly hate him more and the people that love Trump most likely make them defend him more.
I would suggest a third group is middle of the road people who were unsure what to think of Trump's Jan 6 roll who are now forming an opinion.
Those are people who can swing a tight election because they aren't committed to either party.
So you are basically saying that it is a show trial being held for purely political purposes. I agree.
Not what I was "basically saying" at all. I don't know how you could connect those dots.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:01 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:56 am
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:50 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:01 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:04 pm
...... this star chamber of a show trial that isn't going to accomplish a damn thing except make the people that already hate Trump possibly hate him more and the people that love Trump most likely make them defend him more.
I would suggest a third group is middle of the road people who were unsure what to think of Trump's Jan 6 roll who are now forming an opinion.
Those are people who can swing a tight election because they aren't committed to either party.
So you are basically saying that it is a show trial being held for purely political purposes. I agree.
Not what I was "basically saying" at all. I don't know how you could connect those dots.
Well I thought it was pretty easy to connect those dots. Being as this show trial can't convict Trump of anything, because the vast majority of quote unquote evidence is hearsay and conjecture, it's my thought that it's being held to cast Trump in a negative light to sway voters that otherwise might support him. As your post suggested.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:05 am

Can we at least all admit that the SOLE purpose, and I mean sole purpose, of these so-called hearings, is to attempt to reduce the number of votes cast for Trump in 2024?

Can we also admit that this committee serves no legislative purpose, and thus is wielding power not afforded to it by the Constitution?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:11 am

And if there's any doubt as to my conclusion above....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:05 am
Can we at least all admit that the SOLE purpose, and I mean sole purpose, of these so-called hearings, is to attempt to reduce the number of votes cast for Trump in 2024?

Can we also admit that this committee serves no legislative purpose, and thus is wielding power not afforded to it by the Constitution?
Are you Always and Forever Trump?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:15 pm

What does his personal feelings about Trump have to to with the validity of his statement.

If these people are allowed to get away with this with Trump, what is to prohibit similar actions against another political rival in the future?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:32 pm
Matt wrote:

What does his personal feelings about Trump have to to with the validity of his statement.

If these people are allowed to get away with this with Trump, what is to prohibit similar actions against another political rival in the future?
Trump is a special case, and he is not a martyr.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:32 pm

WHAT?!?

You have missed the entire point. If Trump or anyone similar is allowed to get away with this, democracy is over.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:27 pm

And as I see it the threat to our democracy comes much more from the radical left and people like Trump are hated because they're willing to stand up against it

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:27 pm
And as I see it the threat to our democracy comes much more from the radical left and people like Trump are hated because they're willing to stand up against it

You don't believe what Trump attempted on Jan 6 was a threat to democracy?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:57 pm

Matt wrote:
I am always and forever a Constitutionalist, and in my view, the committee investigating Trump was not created to serve a legislative purpose, and thus, is not a committee authorized by the Constitution. Donald Trump is wholly irrelevant to that point.

So tell me - what specifically in the Constitution allows for this committee to do what it is doing? Or does the ends justify the means? You did say Trump is a special case. Please just don't ever call yourself a Constitutional Conservative.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:57 pm
Matt wrote:
I am always and forever a Constitutionalist, and in my view, the committee investigating Trump was not created to serve a legislative purpose, and thus, is not a committee authorized by the Constitution. Donald Trump is wholly irrelevant to that point.

So tell me - what specifically in the Constitution allows for this committee to do what it is doing? Or does the ends justify the means? You did say Trump is a special case. Please just don't ever call yourself a Constitutional Conservative.
We're Trump's actions or inactions on 1/6 authorized by the constitution?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:58 pm
You tell me. You're the one making the accusation. What specifically did Trump do that violated the Constitution, and what part of the Constitution did his actions violate?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:12 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:58 pm
You tell me. You're the one making the accusation. What specifically did Trump do that violated the Constitution, and what part of the Constitution did his actions violate?
The Constitution states that we are "to hold a free and fair election and that the winner of that election will become the president."

Election law provides for counting and resolving legal challenges to the ballot before that transfer, but that was also done dozens of times.

Are you now denying he lost the election?

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:38 pm

Are you just trolling me now? I believe I've been crystal clear on numerous occasions in here on how I feel about the legitimacy of the election results. I'm not going there again. My opinion hasn't changed is all I will say.

I also note that you did not answer what Trump specifically did to violate the Constitution or what part of the Constitution he allegedly violated. Can't say I'm surprised you can't actually answer that question.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic