Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How Can This Be? Biden Has COVID!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

How Can This Be? Biden Has COVID!

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:42 am

Fully vaccinated and boosted, Joe Biden has COVID, and he's taking an oral medication that they were withholding last year. Remember when Trump got it? We never heard the end of it.

Seriously, PRAY for Joe Biden. Kamala would become President if something bad happens. And who would be nominated Vice President? Hillary? Pelosi?

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/21/10618642 ... e-covid-19

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

zzand

Re: How Can This Be? Biden Has COVID!

Post by zzand » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:52 am

The new variant gets past vaccines and past infections. I agree, he needs to be ok. We don't need her in his office.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:54 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:42 am

Seriously, PRAY for Joe Biden. Kamala would become President if something bad happens. And who would be nominated Vice President? Hillary? Pelosi?

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/21/10618642 ... e-covid-19

Sorry, I can't pray for Joe' I'm a non-believer. But I wish him well.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:41 pm

This was inevitible. Nearly everyone is going to get Covid at some point as the vaccine is completely useless at actually slowing the spread (and people with booster shots are still contracting Covid at twice the rate as people who got only the original vaccine and no boosters).

I wish him the best as I wish death upon no one.

And to challenge zzand - I don't think the data bears out your claim that the new variant gets past prior infections - or at least not at anywhere near the rate it can infect someone with no immunity whatsoever. The BA.1/2 wave peaked at over 800,000 cases a day in January. This new BA.5 or whatever number we're at now isn't infecting nearly as many people (it has plateaued at around 130,000 cases a day) and that is despite this new variant supposedly being more contagious than BA.1 and BA.2. It appears to me that a past Omicron infection significantly reduces your odds of catching the new variant.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:41 pm
This was inevitible. Nearly everyone is going to get Covid at some point as the vaccine is completely useless at actually slowing the spread ....
Allow me to remove the word nearly.
I think we all will catch it to one degree or another. And most of us may not realize we had it. Just like shagging off a cold or the flu or a good case of diarrhea, it will come and go in our lives.

Heck. The prez's symptoms were a runny nose and fatigue? Who on here doesn't experience one or the other at least every couple of months, and don't even think about getting tested for covid? If it wasn't a standard procedure for White House staff to be tested every so many days, would Biden of realized he had it?
Last edited by Deleted User 15783 on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:29 pm

If everyone is bound to get it why still push the vaxx? Why no apology from those who shut down businesses saying this was new didn't understand the whole implications of the pandemic. We went too far... No its still full steam ahead.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:07 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:19 pm
or a good case of diarrhea
I've never had a good case of diarrhea.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:32 pm

I'm shocked that there are still people doing the Trump whataboutisms AND that they think being unvaccinated is a good idea.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:57 pm

Don't get me wrong - Biden is absolutely in the 20-30% of people for whom it is a good idea to be vaccinated. But anybody who bought into the Biden administration's claim last year that getting vaccinated would slow the spread of Covid by preventing the vaccinated from getting Covid is an idiot.

And yes - Biden did claim (exactly one year ago today) that "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations"

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-2021 ... es-1726900

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:57 pm
Don't get me wrong - Biden is absolutely in the 20-30% of people for whom it is a good idea to be vaccinated. But anybody who bought into the Biden administration's claim last year that getting vaccinated would slow the spread of Covid by preventing the vaccinated from getting Covid is an idiot.

And yes - Biden did claim (exactly one year ago today) that "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations"

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-2021 ... es-1726900
It would have been a good idea to see 100% vaccination. You predicted 200 people would die from covid.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:40 pm

We're going to have to agree to disagree. We both have our heels dug in and I don't think either one of us are budging.

But keep bringing up that prediction of mine. And I'll keep pointing out that at the time I made it, Dr. Fauci was saying nobody in the US needs to worry about Covid. At that point in time I had no reason to doubt him.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:47 pm

We can at least agree that Fauci is a liar, yes?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:31 pm

The vaccine still prevents against serious disease. Also, I know of several unvaxxed people infected twice. The vaccine still is limiting deaths, and we have Dr Fauci to thank for pushing the vaccines and mask safety when Trump refused to do so.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:36 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:31 pm
The vaccine still prevents against serious disease. Also, I know of several unvaxxed people infected twice. The vaccine still is limiting deaths, and we have Dr Fauci to thank for pushing the vaccines and mask safety when Trump refused to do so.
What the fuck are you talking about? Trump pushed vaccines. Masks did nothing.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:04 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:32 pm
I'm shocked that there are still people doing the Trump whataboutisms AND that they think being unvaccinated is a good idea.
I do think it's a good idea to be vaccinated. I did both. And I've had a booster. Only because my doctor was shocked and dismayed that I didn't get it 7.2 seconds after it was available. I'm probably due for a second booster. But it's not a priority in my life. And when I get a sore throat or feel tired or my ear is itchy, I don't run red lights to go buy a covid test.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic