Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

California Democrats' war on gig workers could become an economic tragedy for everyone

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

California Democrats' war on gig workers could become an economic tragedy for everyone

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:16 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/calif ... ar-AAZAyAy

Democrats are so anti-business. I guess they want everyone dependent on government?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: California Democrats' war on gig workers could become an economic tragedy for everyone

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:13 pm

What a horribly slanted article. Been a long time since I have read something so biased.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Re: California Democrats' war on gig workers could become an economic tragedy for everyone

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:30 am

Quite frankly it seems to me AB5 would be something most workers want. Businesses love to try to call as many people as possible independent contractors. Let the (don't call them) employee deal with all the paperwork involved with being employed. Get out of paying any benefits. Give 'em a 1099 even if you're still telling them everything to do and when to do it.

Yeah, AB5 screws employers to a certain degree. But they shouldn't of been allowed to call many of their people independent contractors to begin with.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:48 pm

IMHO the Federal definition of independent contractor is all that is needed and should be enforced if some are abusing it.

AB5 almost shut down UBER and LYFT in CA, until the laws were loosened.

No wonder CA residents are fleeing. Heck 9 states don't even have income tax, which is the only reason AB5 being added to CA's laws.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:56 pm

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:04 pm

Day 3, while America suffers from another stupid CA law.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/truck ... ar-AAZRPSq

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:02 am

Bad Bananas. CA's loss is MO's gain.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-m-a ... r-AA16SPDU

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:02 am
Bad Bananas. CA's loss is MO's gain.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-m-a ... r-AA16SPDU
I am sure they are weeping for their loss. Some places are too expensive for operators who don't plan for change.

"If you don't have the Dough Rae Me...."
The economy of the State of California is the largest in the United States, with a $3.63 trillion gross state product (GSP) as of 2022.[2] It is the largest sub-national economy in the world. If California were a sovereign nation (2022), it would rank in terms of nominal GDP as the world's fifth largest economy, behind Germany and ahead of India.[9] Additionally, California's Silicon Valley is home to some of the world's most valuable technology companies, including Apple, Alphabet, and Nvidia.[10] In total, over 10% of Fortune 1000 companies were based in California in 2018, the most of any state.[11]

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic