Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

He DID Need An AK47

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: He DID Need An AK47

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:53 pm
The topic of this thread is AK-47's so that's what I happen to be discussing. The fact that you are obsessed with Covid reactions and want to bring it into every fucking thread on the goddamn board, only proves what a one-note douchebag you are.
I'm only calling you out specifically for your "shame on you" comment. You're the one who threw that bomb into the conversation by suggesting that somehow those of us who support the 2nd Amendment also don't care about the children killed by gun violence. I'm simply taking that line of thought to its logical conclusion - that being "shame on you" for ANY child whose lost life you don't care about - and especially shame on you for any child who died either as a direct or indirect result of a policy which you supported.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:22 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:07 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:40 pm
Let's start with this..

a rapid-fire, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle designed for infantry use.
Rapid fire? Semi-automatic's all fire the same, it is fired each time you pull the trigger. Are you suggesting we ban all rifles except single shot?
You never wanna answer the question posed. Always playing games with semantics or showing off your vast gun knowledge.
This is a perfect example of what I rail against. People that are completely ignorant about firearms deciding what to ban and what not to ban. They are intellectually weak and operate completely in ignorance and emotion.

Rep. David Cicilline, (D) Rhode Island mischaracterized an AR-15 stabilizing arm brace as a “bump stock” that turns the gun into an “automatic weapon” during a House Judicial Hearing. The brace, which was highlighted in yellow and marked “Stabilizing brace” on the Congressman’s card, is intended to help someone with mobility issues to fire the weapon with one hand instead of two. It isn't a bump stock. In fact it isn't a stock at all, but a brace. Yes, semantics and definitions are important.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:25 pm

Here we go...
The House will move forward Friday with consideration of legislation that would ban assault weapons for the first time in nearly two decades, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a letter to Democratic colleagues.

Pelosi called the measure — which stands virtually no chance of passing in the evenly divided Senate — “a crucial step in our ongoing fight against the deadly epidemic of gun violence in our nation.”

Passing the bill Friday will require clearing an additional procedural hurdle, known as “same-day authority,” that needs a separate vote. Pelosi urged support of that move in her letter.

The assault weapons ban, authored by Rep. David N. Cicilline (D-R.I.), was approved by the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month.

Pelosi signaled in her letter that other public-safety measures, which have been considered in conjunction with the bill, would come to the floor later.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 pm

This ought to be approved and signed into law, however The Senate lacks the backbone fortitude to do the correct thing, kowtowing to The NRA and the old angry white men, who are bitter about there lot in life and need there Widdo pew pews to fill the hole in there pathetic little hearts.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:48 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 pm
This ought to be approved and signed into law, however The Senate lacks the backbone fortitude to do the correct thing, kowtowing to The NRA and the old angry white men, who are bitter about there lot in life and need there Widdo pew pews to fill the hole in there pathetic little hearts.
This bill also bans the manufacture and sale of AR pistols. I legally own and some days legally carry an AR pistol in my vehicle for self defense purposes. Keeping law abiding people from having one of these for self defense purposes when there are already criminals driving around with variations of them is a good thing why?

Maybe we should make the people that are caught illegally carrying firearms in general stay in jail, and stay for a long time, instead of letting them out with no bail the next day?

I will support raising the age of purchase to 21. We should also consider raising the age of majority to 21 also.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:48 pm
Mr. Peabody wrote:
This bill also bans the manufacture and sale of AR pistols. I legally own and some days legally carry an AR pistol in my vehicle for self defense purposes. Keeping law abiding people from having one of these for self defense purposes when there are already criminals driving around with variations of them is a good thing why?

Maybe we should make the people that are caught illegally carrying firearms in general stay in jail, and stay for a long time, instead of letting them out with no bail the next day?

I will support raising the age of purchase to 21. We should also consider raising the age of majority to 21 also.
The United States is the ONLY country where these mass shootings happen regularly, I've yet to have anyone convince me other wise that it's mental health or one can murder a person with a car or a can opener for that reason. Silly little boy arguments.

I always here the theory of the " good guy with a gun" but it rarely ever happens, NRA propaganda at best. I don't need to prove my manhood and penis girth, by owning a weapon.

Same aspect applies to owning gasoline guzzling large truck with right wing stickers plastered on it like fecal matter or the red sports car with a hefty bank note.

However, I do agree the age should be raised to 21 and voting should as well.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:54 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:40 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:

The United States is the ONLY country where these mass shootings happen regularly, I've yet to have anyone convince me other wise that it's mental health or one can murder a person with a car or a can opener for that reason. Silly little boy arguments.

I always here the theory of the " good guy with a gun" but it rarely ever happens, NRA propaganda at best. I don't need to prove my manhood and penis girth, by owning a weapon.

Same aspect applies to owning gasoline guzzling large truck with right wing stickers plastered on it like fecal matter or the red sports car with a hefty bank note.

I would be interested in your rebuttal to the following argument. If you make it illegal for me, a person that tries my best to follow the law, to have to own a weapon for self defense, then I would be helpless against those that have no regard for the law, have those same weapons and desire to do me or my family harm.

There are numerous incidents, right here in metro Detroit with people under 18 having AR's, etc. in their car. That's already against the law and doesn't seem to stop them from doing so and using them against others. Why do you think a ban is going to do anything? Same thing with background checks. Criminals don't get background checks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:36 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Well said.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:01 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:54 pm
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:40 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mr. Peabody wrote:

I would be interested in your rebuttal to the following argument. If you make it illegal for me, a person that tries my best to follow the law, to have to own a weapon for self defense, then I would be helpless against those that have no regard for the law, have those same weapons and desire to do me or my family harm.

There are numerous incidents, right here in metro Detroit with people under 18 having AR's, etc. in their car. That's already against the law and doesn't seem to stop them from doing so and using them against others. Why do you think a ban is going to do anything? Same thing with background checks. Criminals don't get background checks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic