Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mitt Romney speaks truth to power

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Mitt Romney speaks truth to power

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:01 pm

And as a raging leftie I’m quite shocked at how much I agree with him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... on/661468/

km1125

Re: Mitt Romney speaks truth to power

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Not sure what's in that article, but I wouldn't be surprised since Romney fell off the left side of the bus and rolled half-way down the hill some time ago.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:35 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:00 pm
Not sure what's in that article, but I wouldn't be surprised since Romney fell off the left side of the bus and rolled half-way down the hill some time ago.
Translation: Does not genuflect to our holy leader Donald Trump.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:09 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:01 pm

Your vote in 2012 would have been more impactful than your agreement today. The following two items would be true if he had won:

1. Russia would have been dealt with a decade ago.
2. Trump would have never been president.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:51 pm

If he hadn’t made the horrible gaffe about rich people, he may have been elected. He has no one to blame but himself. He’s still not a good man, just a temporary ally. If he had been more in the vain of John Kasich or John McCain from 2008 in 2012(note that no one was going to defeat the buzzsaw of Obama in 2008), I could have been more interested in him. Mitt loved and still loves the big bankers.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:23 pm

This is the robot you're heaping praise on?

Well, at least he and I have a few things in common:

-Mitt likes trees, I like trees. Especially when they're just the right height.
-Mitt likes lakes, I like lakes. Especially those little inland ones.
-Mitt likes cars, I like cars

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Now do Trump...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:57 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Back in my conservative days, I attended Americans for Prosperity. Mitt gave us this grand speech about how his father George instilled in him a love of cars and how he was going to keep the Big 3 here. He went into great detail about his GTO etc. It was a touching speech for the Auto Show but not much for a political stump speech in late 2011. Pretty bizarre. John McCain gave a great speech. The person who really stole the show was Duncan Hunter Sr though.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:09 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:01 pm

Your vote in 2012 would have been more impactful than your agreement today. The following two items would be true if he had won:

1. Russia would have been dealt with a decade ago.
2. Trump would have never been president.
I don't strongly disagree, Had he campaigned in the same voice and vibe as this article, I might have voted for him. He campaigned like he had already won and was just going thru the motions. He fits the bill as someone who had the background and policies to be a successful president but not the personal campaign charm to get enough votes (see Kasich, John and Bush, Jeb). Presidential voting has become class president instead of best candidate, and inundated with money and power. We need to hire an efficient executive to run this place - and I think TFG convinced a lot of folks he was that executive. Amazing what a "reality" TV show can do for your rep.
km1125 wrote:
Let me translate - "I don't have to read or consider any other opinion but my own, so everyone who disagrees with me shut up and fuck off."

Our country is in so much trouble.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:54 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:20 pm
km1125 wrote:
Let me translate - "I don't have to read or consider any other opinion but my own, so everyone who disagrees with me shut up and fuck off."

Our country is in so much trouble.
And you're wrong once again, but that's nothing new. I've read, seen, and heard enough of Romney to have a good idea what might have been in that article, unless suddenly he grew a spine. I might even support him even with no spine, because he'd still be an improvement over what we have in "leadership" in D.C. now. He'd be "adequate" at best. It'd be a shame if we couldn't come up with somebody better.

Now here's something where you actually hit the nail on the head.... "Presidential voting has become class president instead of best candidate, and inundated with money and power."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic