Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Posted with Pemission: A Friend’s Story….

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Posted with Pemission: A Friend’s Story….

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:56 am

(Painted picture with brilliant color above this post on Facebook):

My friend “Jennifer”
I absolutely HATE that I feel compelled to share this—something I have chosen to keep private for years. This is my most deeply personal painting I have ever created and is hanging in my house as a symbol of my strength and everything that I have overcome.

It depicts the face of pleasure—or rather, acquiescence, compliance, agreeability—a woman is expected to present, often in sexually abusive situations in order to preserve her life or safety, while not showing or even hinting at the rage and despair or grief that sits below the surface.

I was coerced into sex by an ex when I was at a moment of DEEP vulnerability. I was shut down, emotionally numb, and I chose to drink around someone I felt safe with and share with him everything I was going through. And then the pressure began. The coercion began. I couldn’t say no, because I wasn’t even emotionally capable of saying yes. And I knew this individual could—and at that moment likely would have—overpowered me anyway. I cried silently the entire time.

As a country we want to condemn women, but we haven’t done anything to change our attitudes about women and how they are treated. We are routinely assaulted, coerced, raped, abused, and the law fails us because there is often a lack of acceptable physical evidence. And even when there is, the gathering of that evidence itself is invasive and traumatic. It often comes down to a he said/she said kind of deal. And our culture still readily believes HIM, no matter who “HE” is. Women are whores, sluts, we’re asking for it, we deserve it, we should have said “no” as though ”no” WORKS, as though we don’t fear for our lives, our safety.

Fast forward a few years and I hit my absolute rock bottom. My “partner” at the time who was extremely emotionally manipulative and played mind games, got me pregnant. He knew exactly the low I was at, and he used that to practically FORCE me into getting an abortion, making me believe that it was the only viable solution that would not make him hate me forever—even though, SHOCKER, his hate for me has and always will be there.

With the overturning of Roe v. Wade we absolutely WILL see women being prosecuted for abortions. What we won’t see? Men being prosecuted. Again it will be a he said/she said situation, and the only thing we can PROVE is that a woman had an abortion as our bodies are raped by medical professionals “gathering evidence.” Men, yet again, get to skate by treating women however they want, and by and large suffer ZERO consequences. Because our culture simply hates women. And you can’t convince me otherwise. Even though <2% of all sexual assault accusations are false, the narrative in our country is STILL that women are liars. Even though 1 out of 3 women will experience some form of harassment/assault.

Women experience assault, rape, harassment, abuse, coercion at an absolutely ALARMING rate, but our highest court in the land stood up last week and said “we OFFICIALLY don’t give a shit about how you are treated, and we do not trust you to make the best decisions for your body.” We will see abuse continue at an alarming rate, women stuck at an even higher frequency in abusive situations, because there will now be a child tying her to her abuser, all the while being blamed by the conservatives for staying in an abusive situation. Add to that now even more medical gaslighting and abuse.

If you even remotely think making abortion illegal is really how Jesus would have treated women, consider…do we not recall Jesus’ attitude and responses to the adulturer? He called the Pharisees out on their hypocrisy that they were not without sin, though their sin may have been kept behind closed doors. Was Jesus not kind to the woman at the well who had many husbands and was living with a man who was not her husband? And what about the prostitute who washed his feet with her hair and perfume? Did Jesus not condemn the Pharisee who objected and use a parable to essentially tell him that the woman because of her sin, had greater love to offer back than him? And did Jesus not tell us to leave to Caesar what is Caesar’s? Caesar used his power of the law to try to legislate the world into conformity under the Roman Empire for whom political offices WERE religious offices.

If you still think Jesus would have been in support of overturning Roe v. Wade per the law, then we do not love the same god. You love yourself. You love your own conservative agenda. You have bought into the cultural agenda that women are snakes and liars and manipulators, even though all of the evidence is to the contrary. You DO NOT love Jesus. You love this incredibly bastardized version of him built out of nothing short of idolatry. You worship the golden calf, not my Lord and Savior.

You will see women like me, whose only fault is weakness, being jailed, while our abusers remain free. Free to move on with their lives. Free to move on and abuse others. Because in these scenarios, in our culture, men don’t have to be accountable for very much. I’m angry. I’m tired. I’m tired of being treated as a second class citizen. We love to point to the part of scriptures that tell women to be subservient, yet gloss over the part of the scripture that tells men how they are to treat women.

And no….we are not getting “the short end of the stick.” Because that phrase assumes that one party deserves to receive unequal treatment vs the other party. EQUALITY is not a limited resource. But you know what is? Privilege. And men? If you’re not ready to give up the privilege you have over women, or white people if we are not ready to give up the privilege we have over racial minorities and fight for true EQUALITY, than we DO NOT LOVE JESUS. We are selfish. We do not love OTHERS the way Jesus commanded us to.

FACT.

(Note: I have made this post public. Anyone compelled to share this may do so. If this resonates with someone, or can even help someone, or change someone’s mind, then telling my story has served a purpose)

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Posted with Pemission: A Friend’s Story….

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:09 pm

Zero from the righties here…wonder why.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:24 pm

On the other hand, if he knew abortion was not an option, he might have used protection.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:24 pm
On the other hand, if he knew abortion was not an option, he might have used protection.
Or he could have murdered her like many men did to women before Roe v Wade when they were pregnant. Murders of pregnant woman will go up.

Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 pm

Stop being so dramatic. Half the states allow it.

Plus there is always Plan B.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic