Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Insurgents in Jail; Jan 6. two years later...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Insurgents in Jail; Jan 6. two years later...

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:01 pm

As Kevin McCarthy is regretting his boycott of the Jan 6. Commission, the Justice Department is just getting started. I hope they roll the charges all the way up to Trump.
The Justice Department stepped up its criminal investigation of a plan by President Donald J. Trump and his allies to create slates of so-called fake electors in a bid to keep Mr. Trump in power during the 2020 election, as federal agents delivered grand jury subpoenas on Wednesday to at least four people connected to the plan.

One of those who received a subpoena, according to two people familiar with the matter, was Brad Carver, a lawyer and official of the Georgia Republican Party who claimed to be one of Mr. Trump’s electors in the state, which was won by Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Another subpoena recipient was Thomas Lane, an official who worked on behalf of Mr. Trump’s campaign in Arizona and New Mexico, the people said.

A third person, Sean Flynn, a Trump campaign aide in Michigan, also got a subpoena, according to the people familiar with the matter.

A fourth subpoena was issued to David Shafer, the chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, who also served as a fake elector for Mr. Trump.
Last edited by TC Talks on Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: Justice Department starts building Jan 6. Case

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm

Unsourced, as usual.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm
Unsourced, as usual.
Here's the thing. I've seen folks post before about TC Talks posting unsourced stuff. So tonight I googled a portion of his quote, with the quotation marks:

"Brad Carver, a lawyer and official of the Georgia Republican Party"

Google gave me nothing.
Now it seems to me that if Albert wasn't just making this stuff up, and it was an actual quote from anywhere, Google would of come back with the article.

Am I mistaken?
Last edited by Deleted User 15783 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:42 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:42 pm
NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/22/us/p ... oenas.html
Your link requires a creating an account to read.
Did you know that when you posted it?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:01 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:53 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:42 pm
NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/22/us/p ... oenas.html
Your link requires a creating an account to read.
Did you know that when you posted it?
Not really. I just copied one of the paragraphs verbatim and got it. I might have created an account at one time on NYT, but I don't pay because I went back and I apparently am running out of free articles for the month.

Anyway, I selected all and copied below...please don't turn me in to the NYT police.

SKIP TO CONTENTSKIP TO SITE INDEX

Jan. 6 House
Committee Hearings
Day 4: Key Moments
4 Takeaways
Your Questions, Answered
Jan. 6 Timeline
Democracy Challenged
Justice Dept. Issues More Subpoenas in Trump Electors Investigation
Federal prosecutors sought information from two men who had worked on behalf of the Trump campaign and a third who signed up as a Trump elector in Georgia, a state won by President Biden.

Give this article
Read in app
Election workers counting absentee ballots in Atlanta in 2020. The Justice Department issued a subpoena to a Georgia Republican official on Wednesday.
Election workers counting absentee ballots in Atlanta in 2020. The Justice Department issued a subpoena to a Georgia Republican official on Wednesday.Credit...Audra Melton for The New York Times
By Alan Feuer and Maggie Haberman
June 22, 2022
Updated 10:14 p.m. ET
Sign Up for On Politics, for Times subscribers only. A Times reader’s guide to the political news in Washington and across the nation. Try the On Politics newsletter for 4 weeks.
The Justice Department stepped up its criminal investigation of a plan by President Donald J. Trump and his allies to create slates of so-called fake electors in a bid to keep Mr. Trump in power during the 2020 election, as federal agents delivered grand jury subpoenas on Wednesday to at least four people connected to the plan.

One of those who received a subpoena, according to two people familiar with the matter, was Brad Carver, a lawyer and official of the Georgia Republican Party who claimed to be one of Mr. Trump’s electors in the state, which was won by Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Another subpoena recipient was Thomas Lane, an official who worked on behalf of Mr. Trump’s campaign in Arizona and New Mexico, the people said.

Show Full Article
ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

Understand the Ongoing Jan. 6 Investigations
As the House committee begins its public hearings about the events that led to the Capitol riot, a parallel investigation is underway within the Justice Department.
The House Investigation

The Committee: Who is on the House select committee? What is the panel trying to do? Here are some answers to your questions about the inquiry.

Key Figures: Over the course of nearly a year, the committee has scrutinized a long list of people and groups.

Hearings: House Democrats are seeking to use a landmark set of investigative hearings to refocus voters’ attention back to Jan. 6, aiming to tie Republicans directly to an unprecedented plot to undermine democracy itself.

The Chairman: Representative Bennie Thompson has spent his career fighting to protect the right to vote. He said the committee’s work was among the most important he had engaged in as a politician.

The Justice Department Investigation

People of Interest: The wide net being cast by prosecutors encompasses a sprawling cast of characters from inside and outside of government.

Sedition Charges: Five members of the Proud Boys, including the far-right group’s former leader, Enrique Tarrio, were charged with seditious conspiracy for their roles in the Jan. 6 riot.

Transcripts: The House committee, under pressure from the Justice Department, could start sharing interview transcripts with federal prosecutors as early as July.

Jan. 6 and Its Aftermath

Breaching the Capitol: The Times analyzed court documents, texts and hundreds of videos to reveal how the Proud Boys instigated critical breaches of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Timeline: We pieced together the narrative of former President Donald J. Trump’s monthslong campaign to subvert American democracy and cling to power.

Visual Investigation: A Times analysis of thousands of videos and police radio communications from Jan. 6 shows how Trump supporters took the Capitol.

The Day of the Attack: A rally turned into a rampage during a critical two-hour time period.

More in U.S. News
Gov. Gavin Newsom of California recently joined Donald Trump’s social media network, and for months he has taken jabs at ambitious Republican governors in other states.
Gavin Newsom Pokes the G.O.P. Bear
June 22
Representative Kevin McCarthy, the Republican minority leader, chose last summer to withdraw all of his nominees to the House committee investigating the riot on Jan. 6, 2021, and its roots.
A Year Later, Some Republicans Second-Guess Boycotting the Jan. 6 Panel
2h ago
Editors’ Picks
Halsey is one of several musicians who have recently expressed frustrations with the industry’s reliance on TikTok marketing.
The Viral Spiral
June 16

How Useful Are Supplements?
June 21
In “Pistol,” a new limited series about the Sex Pistols, Anson Boon plays John Lydon, once known as Johnny Rotten.
How a TV Series Undersells the Danger of the Sex Pistols
June 19
Most Popular
Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall Are Said to Be Divorcing
Nancy Pelosi’s Napa: Wealthy Friends and a Husband’s Porsche Crash
An Outbreak of Meningococcal Disease in Florida Is Growing, the C.D.C. Says
Dressing Simply, but Well. It’s Not So Simple.
‘Corsicana’ Review: Four Lost Hearts in the Heart of Texas
Nonbinary Airline Passengers Ask: What’s Gender Got to Do With It?
10 New Books We Recommend This Week
Gadgets Were Hot. Now They’re Not.
Britain Declares National Incident After Poliovirus Found in London
Closing Arguments Made in Trial of Elizabeth Holmes’s Ex-Boyfriend
ADVERTISEMENT

You're almost out of free articles.

VIEW OFFER
Site Information Navigation
© 2022 The New York Times Company
NYTCoContact UsAccessibilityWork with usAdvertiseT Brand StudioYour Ad ChoicesPrivacy PolicyTerms of ServiceTerms of SaleSite MapCanadaInternationalHelpSubscriptionsDo Not Sell My Personal Information

California Notices

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:14 pm

Thanks Honeyman. Wonder why what I typed in didn't find that article?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:33 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:14 pm
Thanks Honeyman. Wonder why what I typed in didn't find that article?
:lol: You're welcome...but there is nobody less equipped to answer your question than me. I recently learned a browser is a different thing than a server.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:10 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm
Unsourced, as usual.
As usual, New York Times, occasionally Washington Post... Not the East Peoria Shopper or similar that we see from the "Blind Faith" crowd of Republicans here.

Let the prosecutions begin and democracy be saved.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:37 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:10 am
I keep asking you WHEN these prosecutions are going to begin, and you have yet to have an answer.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am

If Republicans take over after the midterms it will die a quick death so they need to come before November.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:

Although I'm sure you're a fan of whack job mob rule, we DO NOT have a democracy that needs to be saved, we are a representative republic. Come November, that will be saved too.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:37 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Although I'm sure you're a fan of whack job mob rule, we DO NOT have a democracy that needs to be saved, we are a representative republic. Come November, that will be saved too.
I think Mob Rule is from the Republican's playbook. Perhaps you have forgotten Jan 6. already...

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:33 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am
If Republicans take over after the midterms it will die a quick death so they need to come before November.
We will see what happens in November. Currently there are 7 seats in the Senate up for grabs realistically.

― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:40 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am

Can they halt a Justice Department investigation?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic