Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jan 6 Hearings

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Jan 6 Hearings

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:06 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:27 pm
If the Justice Department files charges, they will be able to cross examine.

Quit hiding your head in the sand and admit what this man has done. It is treasonous.
If it is so simple and so obvious, why are we here, a year and a half after the fact, conducting a highly partisan show trial instead of just having filed charges over a year go? I'm really tiring of your ends-justifies-the-means attitude towards this. If Trump is guilty of a crime, CHARGE HIS ASS and move on with an actual court proceeding. And just some advice for the people on your side - this kangaroo court isn't helping your cause. This process has been irreversibly tainted, IMO.

The committee cannot. The Justice Department can and should have already, I agree.

I believe the hearings have helped the cause. They will never sway the closed-minded Trumpers, but I believe they are having an effect on many independents. Those who have an open mind see what Trump did for what it was. They can see his AG, assistant AG, deputy AG all saying what they saw. These are tried and true Republicans. Rosen and Donohughe came across trustworthy and believable. No ax to grind, no books to sell, lifelong Republicans telling what they saw.
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:21 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:11 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm
What is it going to take for those of you STILL supporting Trump to drop your support?

I don't know why everyone isn't mad as hell about what this guy tried to do with your country.
30% is nuts. There are people like Bryce, obviously an intelligent man, who has said January 6th was nothing more than a few patriots taking a tour of the Capitol.
Bryce isn't intelligent outside of his knowledge about dogs.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:26 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:21 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:11 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm
What is it going to take for those of you STILL supporting Trump to drop your support?

I don't know why everyone isn't mad as hell about what this guy tried to do with your country.
30% is nuts. There are people like Bryce, obviously an intelligent man, who has said January 6th was nothing more than a few patriots taking a tour of the Capitol.
Bryce isn't intelligent outside of his knowledge about dogs.
I disagree, but nonetheless I know others that are similar. I have a very successful neighbor who is an owner of a large company who feels
the same way. Whether it's their hatred for the Democrats or liberal thought that clouds their judgement or not, I don't know.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:14 pm

It's stubbornness. They know they bought into the nonsense from a carnival barker and it's easier to dig in than it is to admit you got duped.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:14 pm
It's stubbornness. They know they bought into the nonsense from a carnival barker and it's easier to dig in than it is to admit you got duped.
Kinda like the people who refuse to admit that government lockdowns and masks didn't actually save lives?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Kinda like the people who refuse to admit that government lockdowns and masks didn't actually save lives?
.....and the anti-vaxxers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm

Unless a person believes every word she said yesterday was a lie, how can they not be horrified by what they heard?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Motown322 wrote:
Stay out of Bryce's Whataboutism lane!!!!! :razz

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm
Unless a person believes every word she said yesterday was a lie, how can they not be horrified by what they heard?
You ask great questions, turk. Nobody here has really questioned her honesty. They say the committee is a sham, so that invalidates her testimony?!?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:34 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:25 pm
bmw wrote:
Motown322 wrote:
Stay out of Bryce's Whataboutism lane!!!!! :razz
Sorry, but you teed that one up perfectly the way you worded your statement.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
You ask great questions, turk. Nobody here has really questioned her honesty. They say the committee is a sham, so that invalidates her testimony?!?

So, someone wakes me up to tell me my house is on fire. I don't believe the person has legitimate authority to tell me that. So I angrily slam the door in his face and go back to bed.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:34 pm
Sorry, but you teed that one up perfectly the way you worded your statement.
But was I wrong? :lol:

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:49 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/barr-a-rino-ivan ... 44090.html

Here's my prediction when the very fragile house of cards will finally all come down. They will get one of the Trump kids in front of the commission to testify and he/she will say something damning. Daddy Catsup Throwing Crowd Sizing Pussy Grabbing Insurrection Inducing Nutball will go off the rails and say shit like he/she isn't loyal, really part of the family, lying for personal gain, etc. Like the Bogart scene in Caine Mutiny, the insanity will be full blown.

Bryce and km will continue to support him.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:47 am

Motown322 wrote:
Inflation closing in on 10 percent. Gas prices over 5.00 per gallon, gang and cartel members streaming across our border, food shortages on some products right around the corner, Infant formula difficult to find, one foreign policy disaster after another with a president in mental and physical decline that isn't doing a damn thing to correct them.

I'm the one that got duped? :rollin

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:05 am

Turkeytop wrote:
One, this was billed as an "Emergency Hearing," called because of "Emergency." I guess I define emergency differently that the folks running this Star Chamber.

Two, Ms. Hutchinson may not be outright lying, but she seems to have a fair amount of faulty memory.
“The handwritten note that Cassidy Hutchinson testified was written by her was in fact written by Eric Herschmann on January 6, 2021,” a Herschmann spokesperson said. “All sources with direct knowledge and law enforcement have and will confirm that it was written by Mr. Herschmann.”
Hutchinson’s account Tuesday about a dramatic physical altercation between Trump and his top security official on Jan. 6 has come under intense scrutiny after sources told NBC News that two witnesses were prepared to testify under oath that it never happened.

Hutchinson testified that she did not directly witness the alleged altercation and was clear that her knowledge was second-hand.
Three, if you read her testimony, she uses the term "Something to the effect of..." a number of times. That's not credible testimony.

Four, if her testimony regarding advance knowledge of trouble is correct, why didn't the people in charge of he Capitol bring in the National Guard to offer protection as was offered?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic