Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeVos attempted to remove Trump from office

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

DeVos attempted to remove Trump from office

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:46 pm

This is surprising. How can the GOP possibly have "Trump Candidates" when it's clear his inner circle felt he was crazy. Betsy doesn't have a full deck on her own, but even she felt he should have been removed.
But last week, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos confirmed that she, at least, was involved in such discussions. Per USA Today:

This was a major reason that before resigning, DeVos first wanted to know whether invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Trump was a viable option. That Jan. 7, she spoke with other Cabinet members to gauge their thoughts — and she also talked to [Vice President Mike] Pence, who’d have to be on board to remove the president.
“I spoke with the vice president and just let him know I was there to do whatever he wanted and needed me to do or help with, and he made it very clear that he was not going to go in that direction or that path,” DeVos says. “I spoke with colleagues. I wanted to get a better understanding of the law itself and see if it was applicable in this case. There were more than a few people who had those conversations internally.”
Once she understood that removing the president was pretty much impossible, DeVos resigned later in the day.

DeVos’s comments were overshadowed by the committee’s hearing that night, but right there is confirmation that some close to Trump were speaking in these terms. (And that’s on top of GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy having said he would ask Trump to resign.) We’ll find out more about how seriously the 25th Amendment was discussed, but the fact that it was discussed at all — and that DeVos has decided to disclose that, even belatedly — underscores the severity of the situation and how those closest to Trump at the highest levels interpreted it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: DeVos attempted to remove Trump from office

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:00 pm

Unless that bitch is willing to take a legal deposition stating that's what happened, I don't believe a f'n word of it. Odd that everyone and their brother seems to now have a tale to tell how they are on the right side of history in all these Monday Morning Quarterback woulda,coulda, shoulda, 'no blood on my hands confessionals.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:39 pm

I don't believe billionaire Betsy. I would sooner believe Bryce and that's about one in a million.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:43 pm

So 13 days before Inauguration Day, Betsy starts sending out feelers about removing Trump from office. Sorry, but to me this is just hot air.

No wonder Pence said no.
He's (and I'm sure DeVos) are already boxing up for the move outta town.
Why even discuss it at such a late date?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:39 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:43 pm
So 13 days before Inauguration Day, Betsy starts sending out feelers about removing Trump from office. Sorry, but to me this is just hot air.

No wonder Pence said no.
He's (and I'm sure DeVos) are already boxing up for the move outta town.
Why even discuss it at such a late date?
He was unfit for office after the events of January 6.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 am

We truly got lucky THIS time. I think the shit hits the fan either way in January 2025. Either a fascist overthrow or a peaceful transfer of power to a fascist.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:57 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 am
We truly got lucky THIS time. I think the shit hits the fan either way in January 2025. Either a fascist overthrow or a peaceful transfer of power to a fascist.
You overuse the word fascist.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:03 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:57 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 am
You overuse the word fascist.
You're assuming he even knows what it means.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:51 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:39 pm
I won't argue that.
I'm saying why start going through the motions to remove him from office 13 days before he's gone anyway. Even if they did, with all the procedural dance involved, they wouldn't of even got the ball rolling before January 20th.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:53 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:51 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:39 pm
I won't argue that.
I'm saying why start going through the motions to remove him from office 13 days before he's gone anyway. Even if they did, with all the procedural dance involved, they wouldn't of even got the ball rolling before January 20th.
If the VP and cabinet had invoked the 25th amendment, Pence would have been acting president instantly.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:53 am
If the VP and cabinet had invoked the 25th amendment, Pence would have been acting president instantly.
in that case, Pence could of pardoned Trump of any and all high crimes and misdemeanors. Then my regularly prime time scheduled programming wouldn't of been pre-empted by the hearings that, according to Willie Geist and Chuck Todd, no one watched.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:13 pm

Ratings have been similar to Sunday night football...
An audience of at least 20 million people watched the first prime-time hearing of the House Select Committee’s investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on Thursday night, according to Nielsen.

By scheduling a congressional hearing for 8 to 10 p.m., committee members and Democrats were hoping to make the case to the biggest audience possible. ABC, CBS and NBC pre-empted their prime-time programming and went into special-report mode to cover it live.

Though the Thursday night figure pales next to presidential debates (63 million to 73 million) or this year’s State of the Union address (38 million), it’s still much larger than the audience that would normally watch a daytime congressional hearing. And it’s in the ballpark of television events like a big “Sunday Night Football” game or the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

ABC attracted the biggest audience, with 5.2 million viewers. NBC and CBS each had an audience of more than three million. MSNBC averaged more than four million, and CNN drew 2.7 million. (The 20 million figure did not yet include PBS, so the total audience was most likely a bit bigger.)

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm

And yet Sunday Night Football is only on ONE channel, not monopolizing the airwaves!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:05 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm
And yet Sunday Night Football is only on ONE channel, not monopolizing the airwaves!!
Cable has 113 channels, streaming add another 100 or so. What's your point?

I haven't watched an ota station in months.

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:03 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:05 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm
Cable has 113 channels, streaming add another 100 or so. What's your point?

I haven't watched an ota station in months.
It's not about OTA really and doesn't have to be limited to OTA. What's the viewership rankings among the top 10 or 12 networks vs those other 113 channels, and how many of them were carrying the hearings??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic