Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Armed man arrested for attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Armed man arrested for attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:13 pm

I'm glad all ended well without violence, but none of that changes the fact that he has been charged with attempted murder.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:22 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:20 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:51 pm
hearings of a former president who tried to subvert a democratic election.
:rollin :rollin

They didn't cover the opening of Al Capone's vault either.
:lol: Oh that's right....didn't you call January 6th something like, "A few patriots taking a tour of the Capitol"?
Well, pretty close to what it was. Well, except the part where Pelosi's Police killed an unarmed Veteran.
Who you conveniently failed to mention was attempting to break into the Speaker’s Lobby, a hallway that would have given them access to the House of Representatives chamber.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 pm

Yeah so? The standard for use of deadly force is an immediate threat to the life of the officer or others. She clearly was not an immediate threat and did not warrant being shot and killed.

The officer in Grand rapids was in much more danger than that Capital police officer was. He was charged with second-degree murder

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 pm
The officer in Grand rapids was in much more danger than that Capital police officer was. He was charged with second-degree murder
This one? Was charged with murder? You gotta be kidding me. The guy was drunk as a skunk, completely non-compliant, and in a battle for the officer's taser.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:18 pm

Yep that's the one. Wrong plates on the car outstanding warrants took off running fought with the officer and repeatedly attempted to grab his taser. But the officer was white and the individual was black so second degree murder.

Funny how the same people that support the second degree murder charges also think it was fine and dandy for the capital police officer to shoot that woman when she was no imminent threat to the officer or anyone else

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:18 pm

"Driving while black" has been a common phrase for a while when someone is guilty of nothing more than being black.

I think we need a new one. "Policing while white."

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:29 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:13 pm
I'm glad all ended well without violence, but none of that changes the fact that he has been charged with attempted murder.
Agreed, but it does change the fact that it's not a news story anymore... In fact the story is "Current policies are keeping Justices safe.."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:52 pm
And what is absolutely mind-boggling to me is that on most major media outlets, this isn't even front-page news. Someone was LITERALLY ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER OF A SCOTUS JUDGE and the media can barely find the space to report it. That is beyond irresponsible for this to not be the lead story everywhere. I mean, can you even begin to imagine if some right-wing nutjob was arrested for attempted murder of, say, Justice Sotomayor, what the swift reaction would be?
FWIW, Bill Maher said the exact same thing last night on Real Time. Specifically called out the NY Times. Also did a long essay on Hollywood's hypocrisy with gun violence.

I know he gets trashed for being a H*** leftie, but if anyone would bother actually listening to him, they would see he calls out everybody's bullshit, no matter if they are left or right.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:53 pm

I've been watching a lot of Maher's stuff the past few months. Late night comedy needs more people like Maher.

He's hardly what I would call a far-leftie. He's fed up with how "wokeness" is infecting the Democrat party.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:16 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:59 pm
bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:52 pm
And what is absolutely mind-boggling to me is that on most major media outlets, this isn't even front-page news. Someone was LITERALLY ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER OF A SCOTUS JUDGE and the media can barely find the space to report it. That is beyond irresponsible for this to not be the lead story everywhere. I mean, can you even begin to imagine if some right-wing nutjob was arrested for attempted murder of, say, Justice Sotomayor, what the swift reaction would be?
FWIW, Bill Maher said the exact same thing last night on Real Time. Specifically called out the NY Times. Also did a long essay on Hollywood's hypocrisy with gun violence.

I know he gets trashed for being a H*** leftie, but if anyone would bother actually listening to him, they would see he calls out everybody's bullshit, no matter if they are left or right.
Bill Maher is dead to me after ripping our community about more people coming out than ever before. He can go fuck himself and his little circle jerk podcast with fake ass moderates.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:18 pm
Yep that's the one. Wrong plates on the car outstanding warrants took off running fought with the officer and repeatedly attempted to grab his taser. But the officer was white and the individual was black so second degree murder.

Funny how the same people that support the second degree murder charges also think it was fine and dandy for the capital police officer to shoot that woman when she was no imminent threat to the officer or anyone else
I don’t think the officer involved with Mr Lyoya was in the wrong. You can’t reach for an officer’s taser. One of the rare times the Back the Blue crowd is right.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:18 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:19 pm
Bryce wrote:

I don’t think the officer involved with Mr Lyoya was in the wrong. You can’t reach for an officer’s taser. One of the rare times the Back the Blue crowd is right.
Props for saying that.

Re: Your comments on Mr
Maher. This is one of the reasons I don't take you seriously and treat your comments as a joke sometimes. Rather than giving counterpoint to his views, you just call him names because you don't agree with his point of view. That's childish. It's like your version of "Let's Go Brandon."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:14 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:18 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:19 pm
Bryce wrote:

Props for saying that.

Re: Your comments on Mr
Maher. This is one of the reasons I don't take you seriously and treat your comments as a joke sometimes. Rather than giving counterpoint to his views, you just call him names because you don't agree with his point of view. That's childish. It's like your version of "Let's Go Brandon."
Not really. I can't take you seriously because you don't seem to understand that LGBT rights translates to LGBT people living or dying in many cases. But that goes for 90% of this board which is why I don't spend as much time as I once did. People have every right to life their lives on their terms, provided that they aren't harming anyone else. You support "Let's Go Brandon" as much as most any other Republican.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:29 pm

Please explain.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:26 am

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic