Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Good guy (or rather woman) with gun stops bad guy with AR-15

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Good guy (or rather woman) with gun stops bad guy with AR-15

Post by bmw » Sun May 29, 2022 11:10 pm

I didn't even hear about this until today. Apparently happened 3 days ago. Must have not gotten much media coverage.

I wonder what Fake Andy Stuart's thoughts are on this one? Or Honeyman's? Or "Fuck your guns" Lester's?
A woman in West Virginia fatally shot a man who began firing an AR-15-style rifle into a crowd of people that had gathered for a party, authorities said.

Dennis Butler, 37, was killed Wednesday night after he pulled out the rifle and began shooting at dozens of people attending the birthday-graduation party outside an apartment complex in the city of Charleston, police said in a statement.

The woman, who was attending the party, drew a pistol and fired, killing Butler, the statement said. No one at the party was injured.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pol ... d-85002437

So there you go. How do you stop someone with an AR-15 from killing dozens of people? There's your answer.

Honeyman

Re: Good guy (or rather woman) with gun stops bad guy with AR-15

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 29, 2022 11:23 pm

YES!!! If all the 4th graders in Uvalde had been armed with pistols, the massacre would not have happened!
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:23 pm
YES!!! If all the 4th graders in Uvalde had been armed with pistols, the massacre would not have happened!
There were teachers and administration present at that school. How about them? If the teacher in that class room had a nine in the appendix carry position, the outcome could have been completely different.

Did any of you ever think that these people pick schools to commit these heinous acts because they know it's a path of least resistance?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 29, 2022 11:36 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:23 pm
Are you suggesting that there wouldn't have been ANOTHER AR-15 massacre all over the news if this lady (or somebody else) hadn't been armed?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 29, 2022 11:39 pm

All the schools need to do is allow teachers to carry concealed weapons on a volunteer basis (with proper training, of course). I wouldn't force it on anybody, but I would have a policy in place where any staff member who has a concealed weapons permit, perhaps with additional training, is allowed to carry. And I would do my best to keep the specific info of which few teachers are armed secret from the student body.

As far as extra training, there needs to be a protocol in place where the teachers who are armed can coordinate with whoever in the district has direct access to the security cameras. For instance, back in 2011-2014 when I worked for a public school, the main DVR was in my office - I had immediate and direct access to every camera in the District. I could have easily coordinated, in an active shooter situation, with whoever the armed staff were as far as letting them know what was going on and where the shooter was located.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 29, 2022 11:44 pm

You guys are psychos. This is really your answer?

The cops that are paid and trained for years to handle situations like this fucked this one up, but you want elementary school teachers to diffuse a similar situation.

This is actually logical to you?!?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 29, 2022 11:46 pm

The FEEB's have a pretty good active shooter training program. With the right administration in charge of justice, I'm quite sure they could come up with an excellent training program for teachers in a school setting.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:44 pm

The cops that are paid and trained for years to handle situations like this fucked this one up, but you want elementary school teachers to diffuse a similar situation.

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away. In this case, an hour. I'd like my kids chances a whole bunch better with an armed, trained teacher.

Publicize a program for teachers like I mentioned above and watch school shootings disappear overnight.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 29, 2022 11:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 pm
Honeyman wrote:

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away. In this case, an hour. I'd like my kids chances a whole bunch better with an armed, trained teacher.

What about Buffalo? Should all supermarket checkout girls also be armed and trained?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 29, 2022 11:54 pm

I would wager that in most school districts, there's probably a few staff members who actually have concealed weapons permits. Moreso in rural districts.

And Honeyman - you still haven't commented one bit on the West Virginia story. A guy opens fire on a crowd, and an armed citizen puts an immediate end to the threat without a single person being injured (other than the gunman). You have no thoughts on this?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 29, 2022 11:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:53 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 pm
Honeyman wrote:

What about Buffalo? Should all supermarket checkout girls also be armed and trained?
Evil exists in this world. It is impossible to protect everyone. However, if I were present in that supermarket on that day I would have tried. Regardless, we have a bigger responsibility to protect our children in a setting that is required by law for them to attend.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 30, 2022 12:05 am

I will say this - if there was an armed shooter on the premises (name the place - school, church, supermarket, concert, whatever) where I was present, and my choices were to have a few armed citizens there or no armed citizens anywhere to be found - this one would be a no-brainer. It isn't even a close call. When the day comes that there's a shooter aboard, it is you and everyone around you who are the first responders. That's reality. When you and nobody around you can put an end to the threat, you're all helpless. And that is no place to be.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 30, 2022 12:10 am

bmw wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:54 pm
I would wager that in most school districts, there's probably a few staff members who actually have concealed weapons permits. Moreso in rural districts.

And Honeyman - you still haven't commented one bit on the West Virginia story. A guy opens fire on a crowd, and an armed citizen puts an immediate end to the threat without a single person being injured (other than the gunman). You have no thoughts on this?
My thoughts are bravo for the woman.

But how would this have stopped Sandy Hook? Las Vegas? Buffalo?

You really think all citizens should be armed at all times?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 30, 2022 12:22 am

I wonder if someone had said that the shooter was black, that could have changed the outcome. Maybe then those Uvalde cops would have rushed the building. Or maybe if those kids were mainly majority white....
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 30, 2022 12:28 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:10 am
You really think all citizens should be armed at all times?
You're clearly not reading all the words I type here. I said multiple times above in this very post that all you need is a few, and on a volunteer basis.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic