Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeathSantis Attacks Special Olympics

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

DeathSantis Attacks Special Olympics

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:47 pm

Despite the fact that Special Olympians are at high risk to COVID as part of their disability, DeathSantis ordered the organization to drop its vaccine mandate. If they had not, they would face a $234 million fine. Beyond disturbing. So much for free enterprise.

https://www.newsweek.com/desantis-being ... ne-1712705

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Re: DeathSantis Attacks Special Olympics

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:46 am

Are you coming down with D*rabies? You seem symptomatic as you want to attack everyone and everything, LOL. (Need proof? See your subject line!)

There is nothing to stop individuals from being vaccinated, they just cannot require vaccine cards for participation. That seems fair. (Besides the waning effectiveness of vaccinees makes it now moot).

Desantis is vaccinated and is volunteer chair of the Special Olympics. He's not flip-flopper, like you, so a law is a law, he not going to bend just because he is a chair. Oh and the fine would been 27.5 million, not 234 million..

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:48 am

Have any other businesses or organizations been fined in this fashion, and if so, did they seek judicial relief? I'd be curious to know if any court rulings exist in Florida on such matters.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:11 am

If they did exist it might be in the cruise boat industry. No one else was going to worry about it.

If S. O. event was outdoors the risk of Covid was minimal.

Besides, my vaccinated/boosted friends are getting Covid and the rest of us aren't.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:48 am

I must have missed where Ron DeSantis threw sick, elderly people like Whitmer did...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:53 am

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm

My brother and I have agreed to vote for Trump if it's between him and DeSantis.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm
My brother and I have agreed to vote for Trump if it's between him and DeSantis.
Figures. I'd vote for DeSantis over Trump in a heartbeat.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:00 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 pm
It’s a true lesser of two evils. DeSantis is the more dangerous fascist.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:00 am

Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:00 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 pm
It’s a true lesser of two evils. DeSantis is the more dangerous fascist.
Or, neither are! You own this incompetent boob in office now.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic