Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Good guy (or rather woman) with gun stops bad guy with AR-15

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Good guy (or rather woman) with gun stops bad guy with AR-15

Post by km1125 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:37 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:55 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:56 pm

But Bryce knows a background check wouldn't have prevented the deaths. Shit, the paperwork and waiting period alone would have saved those poor people.
Ummm, the last four purchases I've made, on firearms that background checks are required right now, took less than an hour from start to finish. What waiting period are you referring to?

One thing I think we can agree upon is to raise the minimum age to purchase any firearm to 21. If we as a society don't trust an 18-year-old to purchase a six pack of beer, it seems reasonable to not allow them to purchase firearms either. I would also support looking at red flag laws within certain limits to combat mental health issues. Both of those measures, at least on the surface, may have stopped the shooting in Texas.
We need to stop beating around the bush on this age thing. If those 18-21 year olds are not making good decisions on alcohol or cigarettes and can't be trusted with guns, then they shouldn't be voting either, or any of the other things that adults are entrusted with.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:55 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:56 pm

But Bryce knows a background check wouldn't have prevented the deaths. Shit, the paperwork and waiting period alone would have saved those poor people.
Ummm, the last four purchases I've made, on firearms that background checks are required right now, took less than an hour from start to finish. What waiting period are you referring to?

One thing I think we can agree upon is to raise the minimum age to purchase any firearm to 21. If we as a society don't trust an 18-year-old to purchase a six pack of beer, it seems reasonable to not allow them to purchase firearms either. I would also support looking at red flag laws within certain limits to combat mental health issues. Both of those measures, at least on the surface, may have stopped the shooting in Texas.
I thought I read there was a 3 day waiting period associated with the checks. My bad. I still do not see why you are so adamantly against them.

I'm all for your other 2 propositions, however.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:44 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 am

I still do not see why you are so adamantly against them.

All that would do is create a database of good guys with guns and have no effect whatsoever on the criminal element. Please admit that criminals and those that aren't allowed to own guns are going to continue to get their firearms without a background check. If that is the case, why exactly would we be creating this database of background checks?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:44 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 am

I still do not see why you are so adamantly against them.

All that would do is create a database of good guys with guns ....
That database already exist.
CPL holders.

Think back to when Michigan became a shall carry state in 2001. Did you really see any opposition to it?
No. Because issuing CPL permits is the most effective way to ascertain who has handguns.

If they ever do come get your guns, that's the list they'll be carrying.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:21 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:04 pm

Think back to when Michigan became a shall carry state in 2001. Did you really see any opposition to it?
No. Because issuing CPL permits is the most effective way to ascertain who has handguns.

If they ever do come get your guns, that's the list they'll be carrying.
I think you meant to say "shall issue" not shall carry. In any case, that list only applies to people that applied for and received a CPL in the state of Michigan. That's about seven percent of the population to date.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:14 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:15 am
Well over 70% OF REPUBLICANS are in favor of universal background checks. Why not at least start there?
Maybe we should start enforcing the law on the background check system we already have. If you don't enforce a law, what impact can it possibly have?

Case in point.

In order to purchase a firearm from an FFL (dealer with a federal license) the person making the purchase must fill out Form 4473. On form 4473 there is a question; “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” When Hunter "crackhead" Biden purchased a firearm in 2018, at the height of his drug addiction, he answered "No."

Lying on a form 4473 is a crime. Well, actually two crimes. The first is punishable by up to five years in prison. The second, up to ten. I haven't seen an indictment or any indication one is coming. Have you?

You would think that as adamant about gun control ole Joe is, by evidenced by his 19 minute error filled speech, he'd get someone right on that.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:22 am

Probably just slipped thru the crack.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:27 am

:rollin
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:22 am
Probably just slipped thru the crack.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:00 am

LOL

Now that's a wiseCRACK!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:04 pm

a gOoD gUy wITh a gUn sOlVeS eVeRyThInG.

https://www.bet.com/article/07fgr7/mass ... q3_KKJxMNk

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:36 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:04 pm

Well yeah, it does. When the officer opened up fire on the shooters they dropped their guns and ran away.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:45 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Well yeah, it does. When the officer opened up fire on the shooters they dropped their guns and ran away.
Three people still died, gun nut.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:21 pm

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:45 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Three people still died, gun nut.
If not for the good guy with the gun, it could have been 10. I was going to call you a name like you did me with decided against it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic