Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

5/24 primary thread: Georgia governor faces first election denier today

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

5/24 primary thread: Georgia governor faces first election denier today

Post by Matt » Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 am

If Brian Kemp beats David Perdue as expected today, his reward is that he gets to face ANOTHER election denier in November.

Also, I'm hoping for a George P. Bush runoff win today, however unlikely that may be.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: 5/24 primary thread: Georgia governor faces first election denier today

Post by bmw » Tue May 24, 2022 10:02 am

I maxed out the betting against Purdue. Spent $1700 for a 4.5% return on my money. Easiest money ever made. His odds of winning literally sit at a statistical goose egg.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue May 24, 2022 10:26 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 am
If Brian Kemp beats David Perdue as expected today, his reward is that he gets to face ANOTHER election denier in November.

Also, I'm hoping for a George P. Bush runoff win today, however unlikely that may be.
:rollin

Anyone who wants more of the Bush Dynasty doesn't understand the trouble we're in, or how we got here. You may as well support Mrs. Clinton. There's not a dime's worth of difference.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 24, 2022 11:12 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:26 am
Matt wrote:

Anyone who wants more of the Bush Dynasty doesn't understand the trouble we're in, or how we got here. You may as well support Mrs. Clinton. There's not a dime's worth of difference.
Ken Paxton is a Trump lapdog.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 24, 2022 11:18 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:02 am
I maxed out the betting against Purdue. Spent $1700 for a 4.5% return on my money. Easiest money ever made. His odds of winning literally sit at a statistical goose egg.
Who's gonna win for SOS there, beemer?

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 24, 2022 11:46 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:18 am
bmw wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:02 am
Who's gonna win for SOS there, beemer?
That one's a coin flip. Hice is making a late run, she might be overpriced now as nearly a 2:1 betting favorite.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue May 24, 2022 11:52 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:12 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:26 am
Matt wrote:

Ken Paxton is a Trump lapdog.
In other words, anyone named Bush, along with Mcconnell, Romney, Boehner, Bill Kristol, and any "go along to get along" Republicans Good, and Orange Man Bad. :lol

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm

Kemp wins. Any word on if Trump is telling Perdue to say he won?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 25, 2022 7:57 am

Georgia went mostly well other than the Preakness favorite winning easily.

In Texas, the Trump lapdog won easily, unfortunately.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed May 25, 2022 10:05 am

Matt wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:57 am
Georgia went mostly well other than the Preakness favorite winning easily.

In Texas, the Trump lapdog won easily, unfortunately.
Give it up already.

Trump is merely a symptom of a much bigger problem. None of your classic RINO's are going to fix that. They've had countless opportunities to do so. If the Bush brand is even toxic in Texas, that should tell you all that you need to know. It's a clown show we've all seen before, and we don't care to relive it one more time.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 26, 2022 4:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm
Kemp wins. Any word on if Trump is telling Perdue to say he won?
Not only did he win, he peach stomped Perdue.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu May 26, 2022 4:20 pm

I think we can pretty much resign ourselves to the fact that we're going to be living with election deniers for the foreseeable future. Trump played it perfectly. Start planting the seed of doubt early, keep hammering on it and then when faced with a loss bust out the "I told you so" card. It worked brilliantly, so much so that any candidate with an IQ above room temperature can follow the same playbook. The cherry on the cake is how effective it is when you're running the scam with people who go out of their way seeking to be aggrieved about something/anything.

Get used to it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 26, 2022 5:20 pm

This "election denial" nonsense is a disease within the Republican party that they need to figure out how purge. Unfortunately I think Les is right (which makes 2 things we agree on, including Hunter's laptop).

That said, in all fairness, this phenomenon begain in the year 2000 with GW Bush's win when a sizeable number of Democrats never, even through his entire 8-year presidency, viewed him as a legitimate President because they believed Al Gore actually won. Happened again in 2008 when Republicans viewed Obama as illegitimate becuase of the birthplace conspiracy. So this is nothing new - been going on for a few decades now. The difference this time around is that Trump has had the most success at convincing people of the alleged illegitimacy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic