Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just curious if there are still climate change deniers among us

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Just curious if there are still climate change deniers among us

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:46 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 am
30 years ago the Climate "Scientists" were saying that England was going to turn into the "next Siberia"

Did they get that wrong or what??
Nope. Siberia is on fire too.

https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/80563/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:46 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 am
30 years ago the Climate "Scientists" were saying that England was going to turn into the "next Siberia"

Did they get that wrong or what??
Nope. Siberia is on fire too.

https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/80563/
You mean, "Yep."?

Siberia is not (and was not 30 years ago) known for having a warm climate...

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/weath ... 7f0e9f847b

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:32 pm

For some reason it struck me today but....
I wonder why the OP left "man made" out of the title?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:32 pm

I haven't got a degree in Meteorology but weather does come and go. I mean, look at the dust bowl in the 1930s, dry conditions and the like. If I recall, in 1994 in SE Michigan there was below 0(Fahrenheit) weather, meaning the high of the day -12. There was another such around 1982-1983 if I am not mistaken.

I'm inclined to say there is warming, however, if it's as extreme as say former Vice President Al Gore says it is, I'm not certain.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:47 pm

The breathless talking heads on MSSNL keep uttering "thousand year floods" to describe weather in the south this week, and how many of them have been experienced JUST! THIS! YEAR!

How do they gauge such things? File footage of interviews with the late Thag Simmons?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:50 pm

The temperature swings along with extreme droughts and floods speak for themselves. The jet stream has the Omega block more often than not which is proof of climate change. If you don't believe now, you are a fool.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:07 pm

kager wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:47 pm
The breathless talking heads on MSSNL keep uttering "thousand year floods" to describe weather in the south this week, and how many of them have been experienced JUST! THIS! YEAR!

How do they gauge such things? File footage of interviews with the late Thag Simmons?
We know about thousand years floods by doing research… lots of research into fossil records, tree rings that sort of empirical evidence.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Some of us have been around long enough to see these "1000 year" floods happen every few years, decade after decade.

Just in different cities a few miles apart.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:08 am

Bump

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:18 pm

I don't deny that the climate is changing. However, how much of it is caused by humans is still up for debate. I mean seriously, we had an ice age caused by climate change and I don't think there was one freaking coal powered plant in existence at the time.

Even if us humans are responsible for some of it, as long as China and India are allowed to pollute with carefree abandon, I don't see how the U.S. becoming pollution free and affecting our economy is going to change things one bit.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:18 pm
I don't deny that the climate is changing. However, how much of it is caused by humans is still up for debate. I mean seriously, we had an ice age caused by climate change and I don't think there was one freaking coal powered plant in existence at the time.

Even if us humans are responsible for some of it, as long as China and India are allowed to pollute with carefree abandon, I don't see how the U.S. becoming pollution free and affecting our economy is going to change things one bit.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Bryce wrote:

Two houses on my street are on fire. I don't want it to spread to my house, so, I'll just set my house on fire too.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:43 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:01 pm

Bryce wrote:

Except they are charging head long into wind, solar and electric vehicles and hitting their targets 5 YEARS early:
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... rgy-leader

They are now the world leader in such technology being implemented. See talking points are only good if the information doesn’t change. In this case they are not building a zillion coal plants anymore.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:03 am

From the article....

"More coal power was approved in the first three months of 2023 than in the whole of 2021."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic