Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Roe v. Wade on the verge of being overturned?

Post by bmw » Thu May 12, 2022 9:59 am

Ah, the scare tactic of coat-hanger, back alley abortions, SG, you didn't fail to disappoint. So predictable.

Even if Roe gets overturned, anybody who wants an abortion will be able to get one legally. There will be limitless resources, both from large corporations and state and local governments, that will pay all your expenses if you need to travel.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 12, 2022 10:35 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:59 am
Ah, the scare tactic of coat-hanger, back alley abortions, SG, you didn't fail to disappoint. So predictable.
I was just wondering where our resident expert on presidential mental health had been. I guess senility and dementia are beyond his scope of expertise.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 12, 2022 10:40 am

bmw wrote:

Even if Roe gets overturned, anybody who wants an abortion will be able to get one legally. There will be limitless resources, both from large corporations and state and local governments, that will pay all your expenses if you need to travel.
This is simply not true. Today, if a girl living in Texas finds out she is pregnant, she can get to a local clinic in a matter of hours and have the procedure. When Roe is overturned, she will have to navigate the travel, logistics, and paperwork involved to get to a far away state to have the abortion.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 12, 2022 10:52 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:40 am
bmw wrote:

This is simply not true.
Oh, but it is.
(The Center Square) – California could spend state funds to assist low-income Californians and out-of-state residents in gaining access to abortions under a new proposal introduced by state lawmakers this week.

Senate Bill 1142, introduced by Sens. Nancy Skinner and Anna Caballero on Thursday, would establish a fund in the State Treasury to provide grant money to nonprofit organizations that assist low-income pregnant individuals or people with financial barriers with accessing abortion services. The fund would be composed of state and philanthropic dollars, according to Skinner.

The bill would also create a website through the state’s Health and Human Services Agency where the public can access information about abortion services in California.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 12, 2022 10:59 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:52 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:40 am
bmw wrote:

This is simply not true.
Oh, but it is.
(The Center Square) – California could spend state funds to assist low-income Californians and out-of-state residents in gaining access to abortions under a new proposal introduced by state lawmakers this week.

Senate Bill 1142, introduced by Sens. Nancy Skinner and Anna Caballero on Thursday, would establish a fund in the State Treasury to provide grant money to nonprofit organizations that assist low-income pregnant individuals or people with financial barriers with accessing abortion services. The fund would be composed of state and philanthropic dollars, according to Skinner.

The bill would also create a website through the state’s Health and Human Services Agency where the public can access information about abortion services in California.
Yeah, and I am sure this will work without a flaw and very promptly considering the time restraints involved. (sarcasm).

I live in California, the state cannot get anything done competently. If you are asserting something like this will get enacted quickly and up and running as soon as it is needed, you clearly are living in a fantasy world.

The censorship king from out of state.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu May 12, 2022 5:13 pm

bmw, Bryce - what I’ve written on this thread is true. And I might add the role reversal I presented is well worth pondering if you’re trying to understand why protests on this leaked decision draft are becoming explosive.

I am in agreement with Nightfly that the draft leaker is Justice Breyer. For exactly the same reasons. However until I read this thread I thought I was the only observer who seriously considered a Justice, instead of a clerk or a clerk’s staff, to be the paper bomb thrower … full of righteous anger.

And remember, too that God is pro choice. That’s why he gave we humans free will in our decision making. God never forces Himself on anyone. But is instead infinitely patient. Waiting for souls to turn to him of their own free will. Remember The Crusades? Forcing God or “God’s will” on persons usually escalates instead of diffusing. It’s always The Dark Side at work - in disguise.

Each female must choose which way to go. Then God will understand reasons and choose to be merciful or not at the final reckoning. It’s her decision made in private with perhaps her doctor.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 12, 2022 5:47 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:13 pm
And remember, too that God is pro choice. That’s why he gave we humans free will in our decision making. God never forces Himself on anyone. But is instead infinitely patient. Waiting for souls to turn to him of their own free will. Remember The Crusades? Forcing God or “God’s will” on persons usually escalates instead of diffusing. It’s always The Dark Side at work - in disguise.

Each female must choose which way to go. Then God will understand reasons and choose to be merciful or not at the final reckoning. It’s her decision made in private with perhaps her doctor.
You've made this argument in here before. And in a religious context, I generally agree.

But we're talking in a governmental context. God also gave us all the free will to harm others. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be consequences levied by man for those actions. Unless you're a pure anarchist.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:12 pm

None of the pro-abortion folks want to admit there's another life involved. It's not just all about the "woman's body".

The do not recognize there's a life until some point after birth.

At what point will they make the argument to move that recognition from birth to sometime post-birth? Maybe to two years? Maybe to five? Perhaps they should go all the way to 16!!

That way, mothers who are inconvenienced too much with motherhood have an affective alternative!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 12, 2022 7:42 pm

screen glare wrote:
bmw, Bryce - what I’ve written on this thread is true. And I might add the role reversal I presented is well worth pondering if you’re trying to understand why protests on this leaked decision draft are becoming explosive.

I am in agreement with Nightfly that the draft leaker is Justice Breyer. For exactly the same reasons. However until I read this thread I thought I was the only observer who seriously considered a Justice, instead of a clerk or a clerk’s staff, to be the paper bomb thrower … full of righteous anger.

Awfully ironic that CONS believe that people should have the right to discuss a vaccine with their doctor and have a “choice”, but that option doesn’t exist when it comes to women having kids. Amazing how that works.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:42 pm
screen glare wrote:

Awfully ironic that CONS believe that people should have the right to discuss a vaccine with their doctor and have a “choice”, but that option doesn’t exist when it comes to women having kids. Amazing how that works.
Terrible comparison. Also, lose the CONS shit. I'm pro-vax, but it makes sense to discuss something BEFORE you put it in your body; when a woman is pregnant, there has already been a choice to put something in her body.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 pm

In MCRF's world, "unwanted" pregnancies happen by magic.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 pm
No, rape isn’t magic. Disgusting little cunt.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 12, 2022 9:29 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 pm
No, rape isn’t magic. Disgusting little cunt.
Rape is a fraction of unwanted pregnancies.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 12, 2022 10:36 pm

Good grief man. Why must the entire pro-choice crowd focus on what is literally 1 percent of all abortions? I know this data is a little old, but surely it hasn't changed all that much in 18 years.

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/defaul ... 711005.pdf

And that is a category of abortions that even many pro-lifers are willing to make compromises on. So quite frankly this is mostly a straw man argument.

Let's talk about the 99 percent of abortions that come after consensual intercourse. Those pregnancies - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - happen by choice. So don't sit here and tell me that abortion is the only way they have a choice in the matter.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 12, 2022 10:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:36 pm
Good grief man. Why must the entire pro-choice crowd focus on what is literally 1 percent of all abortions? I know this data is a little old, but surely it hasn't changed all that much in 18 years.

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/defaul ... 711005.pdf

And that is a category of abortions that even many pro-lifers are willing to make compromises on. So quite frankly this is mostly a straw man argument.

Let's talk about the 99 percent of abortions that come after consensual intercourse. Those pregnancies - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - happen by choice. So don't sit here and tell me that abortion is the only way they have a choice in the matter.
Rape pregnancies don't happen by choice. There is no mechanism to stop it from causing a pregnancy.

As far as the others, asshats can abandon these teenage girls and leave them to go through 9 months of hell alone. Consent is something men are doing well at regardless. So, that's the other thing. Most girls won't report a rape if they are assulted by their boyfriends. So, there goes your 1%. And I trust women to do what's right for their bodies. I have a friend who had her birth control fail after her asshat bf left her the next day. She had to get the morning after pill and wasn't ready for a kid. She made the right choice. And now, a year later, she is with a husband that respects her as her equal. She is expecting a little girl in July.

This isn't the 60s any more, and we aren't in your fantasy Mad Men land. Women deserve equality. So, unless and until you get a vasectomy, you can STFU.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic