Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The word "marijuana" is racist

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

The word "marijuana" is racist

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:35 pm

Lawmakers in Washington recently passed a law to change every instance of the word "marijuana" in various parts of the Revised Code of Washington, replacing the word with the term "cannabis" citing the racist roots of the word "marijuana."

As KIRO reported, Gov. Jay Inslee signed the bill into law on March 11 and the changes will officially go into place in June.

Washington state Rep. Melanie Morgan gave testimony explaining the word's racist past saying “As recreational marijuana use became more popular, it was negatively associated with Mexican immigrants,” Morgan said.
https://www.kshb.com/news/national/legi ... cist-roots

This might be the most ridiculous thing any state legislature has done this century. And there's a lot of stiff competition.

Ben Zonia

Re: The word "marijuana" is racist

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:35 pm
Lawmakers in Washington recently passed a law to change every instance of the word "marijuana" in various parts of the Revised Code of Washington, replacing the word with the term "cannabis" citing the racist roots of the word "marijuana."

As KIRO reported, Gov. Jay Inslee signed the bill into law on March 11 and the changes will officially go into place in June.

Washington state Rep. Melanie Morgan gave testimony explaining the word's racist past saying “As recreational marijuana use became more popular, it was negatively associated with Mexican immigrants,” Morgan said.
https://www.kshb.com/news/national/legi ... cist-roots

This might be the most ridiculous thing any state legislature has done this century. And there's a lot of stiff competition.
Maybe they should go after Cheech Marin for promulgating that stereotype?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

kager

Post by kager » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:17 pm

I applaud those in far left-coast governments, dabbing the fruits of their labourers.

Vodka will next become 'distilled potato spirits'... until it is imagined by the dabbers that it offends the spirits of potatoes.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:30 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:17 pm
I applaud those in far left-coast governments, dabbing the fruits of their labourers.

Vodka will next become 'distilled potato spirits'... until it is imagined by the dabbers that it offends the spirits of potatoes.
Potatoes are popular in ohio. Fuck ohio.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:06 am

NOT Idaho potatoes??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic