Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Harris positive for COVID-19, Biden not ‘close contact’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Harris positive for COVID-19, Biden not ‘close contact’

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:51 pm

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 540358002/

Just a reminder, we have a corpse running the country and he can't stand the novelty that he ran with.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: Harris positive for COVID-19, Biden not ‘close contact’

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:22 pm

Harris, 57, received her first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine weeks before taking office and a second dose just days after Inauguration Day in 2021. She received a booster shot in late October and an additional booster on April 1.
So 4x vaccinated, including less than a month ago, and she still got the virus. Shocking.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:42 pm

The big picture: Harris, who is fully vaccinated and has received two booster shots, has no symptoms, the White House said. She is the highest-ranking administration official to contract the virus.
https://www.axios.com/harris-tests-posi ... 089d2.html

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14 pm

Biden in December of 2021 (just 4 months ago) -
This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. The unvaccinated. Not the vaccinated, the unvaccinated. That’s the problem. Everybody talks about freedom and not to have a shot or have a test. Well guess what? How about patriotism? How about making sure that you’re vaccinated, so you do not spread the disease to anyone else.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... covid-19-/

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:06 pm

Vaccination is still preventing serious disease and hospitalization, idiot.

My one friend(M, 38) who had COVID 4 times was unvaccinated(until after his 4th recent infection) and has struggled with breathing and relapses for 21 months now. Hospitalized over a dozen times too and still in a rehab facility and can hardly walk.

Other friend(M, 61) has had COVID three times, but the first was before vaccines were introduced in 2020. He was hospitalized once(before vaccination) and has largely won the battle over his long COVID from his first infection. His infection in Dec 2021 with BA.1 and third infection with BA.2 were hardly anything after he got all 3 shots.

Who would you rather be?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:06 pm
That is nonsense. There is no correlation whatsoever between the vaccine rollout and number of those hospitalized with Covid. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:52 am

I read/heard somewhere that Harris's last booster was only three weeks before she got infected. Seems like from past communications that three weeks is supposed to be the peak of the efficacy window for the shots, so that data point doesn't bode well for the overall efficacy propaganda.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:48 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:52 am
I read/heard somewhere that Harris's last booster was only three weeks before she got infected. Seems like from past communications that three weeks is supposed to be the peak of the efficacy window for the shots, so that data point doesn't bode well for the overall efficacy propaganda.
She was asymptomatic, but keep spouting your anti-vax bullshit. All you anti-vaxxers fucked the rest of us over. I hope you're happy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:56 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:48 am
km1125 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:52 am
She was asymptomatic, but keep spouting your anti-vax bullshit. All you anti-vaxxers fucked the rest of us over. I hope you're happy.
Lots of folks were asymptomatic, even non-vaxxed folks. In fact, the CDC is now saying that about 80% of kids (who are largly unvaxxed) have already had COVID and I'll bet most of them were asymptomatic too.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:59 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:13 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:06 pm
That is nonsense. There is no correlation whatsoever between the vaccine rollout and number of those hospitalized with Covid. Zip. Zilch. Zero.
Well from your own link above
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... covid-19-/
Biden is correct that COVID-19 is primarily a disease of the unvaccinated when we look at hospitalizations and deaths, said Dr. Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center and an attending physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
So i guess you like some of your link but not other parts.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:24 am

I'm relying on raw data. Comparing the pre-vaccination era (namely - all of 2020 and the first month or two of 2021) to the post-vaccination era (early 2021 to now), there is no indication in the data that either daily infections or hospitalizations are down at all. Hospitalizations as a percentage of total cases are down, but only since Omicron (which has lower hospitalization rates anyways).

If vaccinations were really preventing serious disease and hospitalizations, you'd expect to see a significant drop in both once the vaccination rate went from zero to 60%, but we saw no such decline.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic