Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

ACLU of Michigan: Record Number of Anti Trans Bills in the Last Few Months

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

Re: ACLU of Michigan: Record Number of Anti Trans Bills in the Last Few Months

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:05 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:56 pm
I tried watching the video in OP but the people running this "town hall" really were struggling to get down to business and it seemed more like a whine session as a lot of what they had to say was incredibly vague. I would be concerned about bills constraining the right of someone to transition from a man to a woman, vice-versa, or living an enby lifestyle.

One thing that I am concerned about is that there is less respect given for the constraints that exist regarding the difference between gender and biological sex. A lot of activist literature and much of the policy pushed for regarding changes to accommodate transpeople fail to acknowledge biological sex as an important consideration. Correct me if I am wrong on this MCRF because you watched the video, but do they discuss the strategy for public policy and where they believe appropriate constraints exist in that video?

Also, it seems to me that for a lot of ciswomen the idea of males deciding to be women is an exercise of privilege, and that their behavior reflects on a misogynist view of women. That is a valid belief.
Not really.

https://youtu.be/lrYx7HaUlMY
TedTalks are bloviating, fart-huffing, mind-numbing garbage. Please don't subject me to this.
A trans woman shares how she was treated as a man previously and now a woman. Suit yourself.
The fact of the matter is that prior research described the majority of women imprisoned for sex offenses as being transwomen, that transwomen have a higher frequency of mental illness than ciswomen, and that transwoman homicides frequently occur because they engage in risky activities such as sex work and the use of hard drugs. For ciswomen, allowing transwomen into safe spaces for women represents a threat for these reasons. I believe it is valid that a ciswoman considers a person who is appropriating their gender, who has a higher likelihood of sexual violence, instability onset by the use of hard drugs, and a higher likelihood of mental illness to be a threat.

A man who decides to transition into a transwoman does not share the same background of struggles that a ciswoman has. A ciswoman has a background where about 100 years ago she was essentially property in this country. Ciswomen actively struggle for equity in the U.S. and are still second-class citizens in many other countries. Having a man decide to appropriate their gender can be an experience where privilege is used against them.

Looking at gender as a construct, and how it is that gender is constructed by transwomen when looking on social media, there is a clear culture that exists where oversexualization of women was the antecedent to transitioning. Things such as "sissification", where oversexualized weirdos begin taking "titty skittles" should not by any stretch of the imagination be accepted as valid.

There are many reasons to accept the feelings of ciswomen about the validity of transwomen transitioning.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:41 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:13 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
I tried watching the video in OP but the people running this "town hall" really were struggling to get down to business and it seemed more like a whine session as a lot of what they had to say was incredibly vague. I would be concerned about bills constraining the right of someone to transition from a man to a woman, vice-versa, or living an enby lifestyle.

One thing that I am concerned about is that there is less respect given for the constraints that exist regarding the difference between gender and biological sex. A lot of activist literature and much of the policy pushed for regarding changes to accommodate transpeople fail to acknowledge biological sex as an important consideration. Correct me if I am wrong on this MCRF because you watched the video, but do they discuss the strategy for public policy and where they believe appropriate constraints exist in that video?

Also, it seems to me that for a lot of ciswomen the idea of males deciding to be women is an exercise of privilege, and that their behavior reflects on a misogynist view of women. That is a valid belief.
Not really.

TedTalks are bloviating, fart-huffing, mind-numbing garbage. Please don't subject me to this.
A trans woman shares how she was treated as a man previously and now a woman. Suit yourself.
The fact of the matter is that prior research described the majority of women imprisoned for sex offenses as being transwomen, that transwomen have a higher frequency of mental illness than ciswomen, and that transwoman homicides frequently occur because they engage in risky activities such as sex work and the use of hard drugs. For ciswomen, allowing transwomen into safe spaces for women represents a threat for these reasons. I believe it is valid that a ciswoman considers a person who is appropriating their gender, who has a higher likelihood of sexual violence, instability onset by the use of hard drugs, and a higher likelihood of mental illness to be a threat.

A man who decides to transition into a transwoman does not share the same background of struggles that a ciswoman has. A ciswoman has a background where about 100 years ago she was essentially property in this country. Ciswomen actively struggle for equity in the U.S. and are still second-class citizens in many other countries. Having a man decide to appropriate their gender can be an experience where privilege is used against them.

Looking at gender as a construct, and how it is that gender is constructed by transwomen when looking on social media, there is a clear culture that exists where oversexualization of women was the antecedent to transitioning. Things such as "sissification", where oversexualized weirdos begin taking "titty skittles" should not by any stretch of the imagination be accepted as valid.

There are many reasons to accept the feelings of ciswomen about the validity of transwomen transitioning.
How dare trans woman turn to sex work when they cannot be hired by anyone else? Fuck you.

Of course their struggles are different, the video talked about that too. But you don’t want to fucking watch because you’re a bigoted asshole. They are prone to violence due to discrimination.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:52 pm

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:41 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

How dare trans woman turn to sex work when they cannot be hired by anyone else? Fuck you.

Of course their struggles are different, the video talked about that too. But you don’t want to fucking watch because you’re a bigoted asshole. They are prone to violence due to discrimination.
You sound naive, angry, and belligerent. You aren't going to shut down what I have to say by throwing a tantrum, you are just going to expose your shallow understanding of the topic. I think you need to acknowledge there are deep complexities and limitations that exist when it comes to this topic and that ciswomen have a reasonable rationale for wanting safe spaces aside from transwomen.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:04 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:52 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

You sound naive, angry, and belligerent. You aren't going to shut down what I have to say by throwing a tantrum, you are just going to expose your shallow understanding of the topic. I think you need to acknowledge there are deep complexities and limitations that exist when it comes to this topic and that ciswomen have a reasonable rationale for wanting safe spaces aside from transwomen.
Sounds like you are talking about “separate but equal” segregation. Do you want trans women to use different bathrooms like we did for Blacks in the 60s?

Maybe we could make them shit in back alleys like they did up until the 2000s. Would that be better?

Because if you throw trans woman in the men’s room, they are going to get raped.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:21 pm

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:04 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

Sounds like you are talking about “separate but equal” segregation. Do you want trans women to use different bathrooms like we did for Blacks in the 60s?

Maybe we could make them shit in back alleys like they did up until the 2000s. Would that be better?

Because if you throw trans woman in the men’s room, they are going to get raped.
:roll:

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:21 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

That’s what I thought….

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 am

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

That’s what I thought….
If you thought that your hyperbolic and nonsensical claptrap would get tiresome enough that eyes would roll, then why even post it to begin with? Stop embarrassing the left-leaning posters here with this over-emotional temper tantrum.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:09 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:06 am
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Not really.

That’s what I thought….
If you thought that your hyperbolic and nonsensical claptrap would get tiresome enough that eyes would roll, then why even post it to begin with? Stop embarrassing the left-leaning posters here with this over-emotional temper tantrum.
Is it a temper tantrum to say that the trans woman in this country are getting raped and murdered at an alarming rate?

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:09 pm

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:09 am
Is it a temper tantrum to say that the trans woman in this country are getting raped and murdered at an alarming rate?
Yes!

And let me tell you why.

The number of trans/gnc murders in the US in 2021 was 57. Scholarly research estimating the rate of transgender individuals in the US population concluded that the rate is 390 out of every 100,000. The US population is 335 million. Therefore, the math tells us there are 1.3 million trans people in the US.

If 57 of those 1.3 million transpeople are murdered, then 4.38 in every 100,000 transpeople were murdered in 2021. The murder rate for the population at-large was 6.9 in the same timespan. Hence, the population as a whole experienced a higher murder rate than the rate experienced among transpeople in the same period.

One thing to note is that the number of transpeople murdered doubled from 2020 to 2021. The doubling is significant because the number of transpeople killed in a single year is typically 10-25. The uptick can be explained by there being a significant uptick in murders in general and the transgender population being smaller. One thing you want to be wary of in statistics is allowing the numbers to lie to you. In this case, with such a small starting proportion, a larger increase should be expected, especially considering the areas where the murder rate increased the most.

As for rapes, can't find too much info on that, other than that trans college students report a 3% higher frequency of sexual assault than ciswomen. Oh, and several news stories about women being sexually assaulted when incarcerated with trans inmates and a news story reporting that the majority of sex offenders in women's prisons in the UK are trans.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:11 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:09 pm
Yes!

And let me tell you why.

The number of trans/gnc murders in the US in 2021 was 57. Scholarly research estimating the rate of transgender individuals in the US population concluded that the rate is 390 out of every 100,000. The US population is 335 million. Therefore, the math tells us there are 1.3 million trans people in the US.

If 57 of those 1.3 million transpeople are murdered, then 4.38 in every 100,000 transpeople were murdered in 2021. The murder rate for the population at-large was 6.9 in the same timespan. Hence, the population as a whole experienced a higher murder rate than the rate experienced among transpeople in the same period.

One thing to note is that the number of transpeople murdered doubled from 2020 to 2021. The doubling is significant because the number of transpeople killed in a single year is typically 10-25. The uptick can be explained by there being a significant uptick in murders in general and the transgender population being smaller. One thing you want to be wary of in statistics is allowing the numbers to lie to you. In this case, with such a small starting proportion, a larger increase should be expected, especially considering the areas where the murder rate increased the most.

As for rapes, can't find too much info on that, other than that trans college students report a 3% higher frequency of sexual assault than ciswomen. Oh, and several news stories about women being sexually assaulted when incarcerated with trans inmates and a news story reporting that the majority of sex offenders in women's prisons in the UK are trans.
Wrong. Trans people are 20% more likely to be murdered and 5x more to commit suicide as adults(10x as youth). Not sure where you got your numbers/calculations from.

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 pm

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:11 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Yes!

And let me tell you why.

Wrong. Trans people are 20% more likely to be murdered and 5x more to commit suicide as adults(10x as youth). Not sure where you got your numbers/calculations from.
Where did you get yours from?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:50 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 pm
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:11 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Yes!

And let me tell you why.

Where did you get yours from?
He heard it from a friend who... Heard it from a friend who... You know the rest.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic