Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nancy Pelosi has Covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Nancy Pelosi has Covid

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:56 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:28 am
I wouldn't measure anything based on compliance in Michigan.
Good call. Because a new study found virtually no correlation whatsoever between government regulation and Covid death rates.
The Committee To Unleash Prosperity? Another legit source you have managed to find there Denial Man...
The Committee To Unleash Prosperity study compared state performance on metrics including the economy, education, and mortality from the virus, and examined how states and their respective governments handled the pandemic response.
Two economists trying to become relevant...
Polyconomics’ chief economist Alan Reynolds flagged the phrase “Supply-Side fiscalists” from Republican economist Herb Stein, from which Wanniski clipped away “fiscalists.” The policies to which it referred were made relevant and compelling by political heroes, most prominently Rep. Jack Kemp (R-NY) and President Ronald Reagan.
Try Again...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:56 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:28 am
I wouldn't measure anything based on compliance in Michigan.
Good call. Because a new study found virtually no correlation whatsoever between government regulation and Covid death rates.
The Committee To Unleash Prosperity? Another legit source you have managed to find there Denial Man...
The Committee To Unleash Prosperity study compared state performance on metrics including the economy, education, and mortality from the virus, and examined how states and their respective governments handled the pandemic response.
Two economists trying to become relevant...
Polyconomics’ chief economist Alan Reynolds flagged the phrase “Supply-Side fiscalists” from Republican economist Herb Stein, from which Wanniski clipped away “fiscalists.” The policies to which it referred were made relevant and compelling by political heroes, most prominently Rep. Jack Kemp (R-NY) and President Ronald Reagan.
Try Again...
You are a disingenuous hack. The following two paragraphs were in the lead editorial of today's WSJ:
More than two years into the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s time to draw some conclusions about government policy and results. The most comprehensive comparative study we’ve seen to date was published last week as a working paper by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), and it deserves wide attention.

The authors are University of Chicago economist Casey Mulligan and Stephen Moore and Phil Kerpen of the Committee to Unleash Prosperity. They compare Covid outcomes in the 50 states and District of Columbia based on three variables: the economy, education and mortality. It’s a revealing study that belies much of the conventional medical and media wisdom during the pandemic, especially in its first year when severe lockdowns were described as the best, and the only moral, policy.
A little more:
The study ranks Florida 28th in mortality, in the middle off the pack and about the same as California, which ranks 27th despite its far more stringent lockdowns and school closures. But Florida ranks third for the least education loss and 13th in economic performance. California ranks 47th overall because its shutdowns crushed the economy (40th) and in-person school (50th).

In other words, Florida did about average on mortality as other states, but it did far better in protecting its citizens from severe economic harm and its children from lost schooling. “The correlation between health and economy scores is essentially zero,” say the authors, “which suggests that states that withdrew the most from economic activity did not significantly improve health by doing so.”

The NBER working paper presents the data straight without policy conclusions, but here’s one of ours: The severe lockdown states suffered much more on overall social well-being in return for relatively little comparative benefit on health.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:39 pm

The working paper is available here: s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/NBERcovidstudy.pdf

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:52 pm

TCT - Do you have a study from your own source to counter this one? Or is attacking the source the only thing you can come up with?

Matt - you're wasting your time. He ain't gonna read it.

And btw - Philadelphia just re-instated its indoor mask mandate. That is insanity at its finest. I thought we were supposed to follow the science?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:03 pm

To measure what? Which states did the best at keeping the billionaires moving forward?

I would be happy to show you COVID deaths by state ..

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:03 pm
To measure what?
Correlation between lockdowns and Covid death rates.
TC Talks wrote:
Which states did the best at keeping the billionaires moving forward?
You can't be serious. Lockdowns DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECTED SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS. How many small business owners do you know who are billionaires? If anything, it was the large corporations run by billionaires that benefited the most from the lockdowns.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:09 pm
TC Talks wrote:
To measure what?
Correlation between lockdowns and Covid death rates.
TC Talks wrote:
Which states did the best at keeping the billionaires moving forward?
You can't be serious. Lockdowns DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECTED SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS. How many small business owners do you know who are billionaires? If anything, it was the large corporations run by billionaires that benefited the most from the lockdowns.
One thing is indisputable, the vaccines saved lives. Even now, the vast majority of people who are unvaccinated are the ones dying. The fact that you posted for months and months and months as an anti-vaxxer, makes your posts suspect, if not laughable.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:37 pm

I don't think BMW was an anti vaxer, I think he was more pro choice.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:09 pm

Honeyman - do we really need to re-hash this? I can play the stats game too. It is also a fact that the vast majority of people who are over the age of 50 are the ones dying. I just pulled up the CDC official numbers as of today. Of the 983,409 Covid deaths, only 6.8% of those deaths are people under the age of 50. The other 93.2% are over 50. And that is DESPITE the fact that vaccination rates are higher among the elderly.

So to summarize:
1 in 15 Covid deaths are people under 50 (people under 50 comprising 66% of the population)
14 in 15 Covid deaths are in people over 50 (comprising only 34% of the population)

That is a STARK contrast. It is thus true that a random person pulled out of the under age 50 bracket is 30x less likely to die from Covid than a random person pulled out of the over age 50.

There was no legitimate reason whatsoever for the government to do a damn thing to people under the age of 50 - be it mandating masks, shutting down businesses, shutting down schools, mandating vaccines for work, etc. We focused so much of our efforts on trying to prevent 7% of Covid deaths, all while not doing near enough to protect the elderly.
Bryce wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:37 pm
According to Merriam-Webster I apparently am.

a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccination

So how do you like that? Merely being opposed to vaccine mandates makes one an anti-vaxxer, by definition.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:09 pm
Honeyman - do we really need to re-hash this? .....................
SERIOUSLY?!? All this board does is rehash this and rehash that! Everybody goes back to others comments from weeks, months, years ago to attempt to prove their point.

The vaccine is the ONLY reason we have the "normalcy" of life we have now. You spent dozens upon dozens of posts decrying the shot. Now, with hindsight, you're trying to point others wrongs, completely ignoring your gross error.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:33 am

bmw wrote:
Honeyman - do we really need to re-hash this? I can play the stats game too. It is also a fact that the vast majority of people who are over the age of 50 are the ones dying. I just pulled up the CDC official numbers as of today. Of the 983,409 Covid deaths, only 6.8% of those deaths are people under the age of 50. The other 93.2% are over 50. And that is DESPITE the fact that vaccination rates are higher among the elderly.

So to summarize:
1 in 15 Covid deaths are people under 50 (people under 50 comprising 66% of the population)
14 in 15 Covid deaths are in people over 50 (comprising only 34% of the population)

That is a STARK contrast. It is thus true that a random person pulled out of the under age 50 bracket is 30x less likely to die from Covid than a random person pulled out of the over age 50.

There was no legitimate reason whatsoever for the government to do a damn thing to people under the age of 50 - be it mandating masks, shutting down businesses, shutting down schools, mandating vaccines for work, etc. We focused so much of our efforts on trying to prevent 7% of Covid deaths, all while not doing near enough to protect the elderly.
Bryce wrote:

So how do you like that? Merely being opposed to vaccine mandates makes one an anti-vaxxer, by definition.
Once again, fucktard bmw refuses to understand how pandemics work after 2+ years. You cannot put anyone over 50 in a vacuum. Kids, teens, and millennials spread COVID to older people because it was a FUCKING CONTAGIOUS DISEASE. Vaccines lessened the spread as does masks. Yes, we had several waves in the year since, but they would have been worse without masks and vaccines.

Governor Whitmer cared for older people when Donald Trump was content for their caregivers to not get the proper PPE until April 2020. He minimalized and gaslighted the public until the vaccines turned the tide(overall) in January 2021. However, by then the Q Anon fucked right had already decided to stand against vaccines and science. They decided to follow Joe Rogan instead of Dr Fauci, a man who has devoted 40+ years of his life to public health, including the AIDS epidemic. Fauci developed a cocktail that allowed the majority of HIV+ people to live after 1996 instead of the majority dying from 1980-1996. He has been one of the consistent voices throughout the pandemic.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:10 am

Here a real stat...
Search below to see a state’s total number of COVID-19 deaths and to compare it with the totals of other states. Use the map to explore COVID-19 death counts across the U.S.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... t_type=map

And most small businesses that I am aware of are thriving post COVID. The federal response has been very successful. Only these fly by night places that weren't very strong to begin with have failed.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:28 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:33 am
bmw wrote:

So to summarize:

Bryce wrote:

Once again, fucktard bmw refuses to understand how pandemics work after 2+ years. You cannot put anyone over 50 in a vacuum. Kids, teens, and millennials spread COVID to older people because it was a FUCKING CONTAGIOUS DISEASE. Vaccines lessened the spread as does masks. Yes, we had several waves in the year since, but they would have been worse without masks and vaccines.

Governor Whitmer cared for older people when Donald Trump was content for their caregivers to not get the proper PPE until April 2020. He minimalized and gaslighted the public until the vaccines turned the tide(overall) in January 2021. However, by then the Q Anon fucked right had already decided to stand against vaccines and science. They decided to follow Joe Rogan instead of Dr Fauci, a man who has devoted 40+ years of his life to public health, including the AIDS epidemic. Fauci developed a cocktail that allowed the majority of HIV+ people to live after 1996 instead of the majority dying from 1980-1996. He has been one of the consistent voices throughout the pandemic.
Idolizing Whitmer and Fauci is embarrassing.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:30 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:10 am
Here a real stat...
Search below to see a state’s total number of COVID-19 deaths and to compare it with the totals of other states. Use the map to explore COVID-19 death counts across the U.S.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... t_type=map

And most small businesses that I am aware of are thriving post COVID. The federal response has been very successful. Only these fly by night places that weren't very strong to begin with have failed.
The states with the most residents had the most deaths - this is not a shock. I'm not sure what you're trying to show here, but this doesn't make any point.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:22 am

Per Capita, the states with the least COVID restrictions were consistently near the top of the list. Followed by states with comorbid seniors. Florida is the worst being so wreckless with such a senior population.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic