Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joe Biden is officially a moron

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Joe Biden is officially a moron

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:15 pm

If there was ever any doubt over whether Joe Biden is a moron or not, this ought to seal the deal. I know I'm a bit late on this one, but sometime last week when speaking about his plan to invoke the Defense Production Act to speed up the mining of electric vehicle battery materials (a decision in and of itself which should be getting scrutiny from the media), his advice to people tired of paying high gas prices? Buy an electric car, as "a typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump."

Ok, thanks for the advice Joe. I'm sure that the very person who can't afford to put gas in their car can magically come up with $55,000 to buy a new electric vehicle. Even if you save $1,000 a year compared to a gas-powered vehicle, that's like an 8 to 10 year time period just to break even given the higher initial purchase price.

km1125

Re: Joe Biden is officially a moron

Post by km1125 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Seems like a more appropriate use of the Defense Production Act would be to help the oil drillers, producers and refiners up their game instead of waiting ~ a year for them to get ramped up.

Afterall, isn't he blaming the increase in oil and gas costs on the war in Ukraine??

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:52 am

What's your fuel mileage?

You could buy a 40mpg used car too.

Quit whining

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:31 am

Hybrids are not much more than the equivalent AWD gas vehicle in terms of price. $1500 to $2000 in most cases.

That said, I agree Biden is a moron and that his advice is stupid. New and used car prices are sky high as it is. Following his advice would only exacerbate that problem and would be of no use to cash strapped households.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:48 pm

Biden does not seem to know much about this stuff. It is his advisors who are giving him the information and 'facts'. It is the advisors who are the morons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic