Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prosecution coming for Trump?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Prosecution coming for Trump?

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:25 am

If you've been watching the investigation into January 6th, a recent Court ruling and a response from the justice department suggests that there is sufficient evidence and no legal hurdle preventing a former president from being prosecuted for high crimes.

This opinion piece lays out a number of factors that suggest that the way is clear to go after former administration officials including Trump for the premeditated activities that led to January 6th.

This is going to be fun, but Merrick better get going.
Carter effectively said: There is no good reason not to at least investigate Trump for serious felonies. And the Justice Department essentially responded by saying, “Yes, we really are on the case.”
and
As Norman Eisen and Fred Wertheimer write for CNN: “By marshaling both private conversations and public writings about the plan to overturn the election’s lack of evidentiary basis, Carter shows that prosecutors have at their disposal a wide array of forms of evidence probative of the former President’s intent. ... This effectively contradicts those who say intent will be hard to prove and is a useful signpost for the upcoming January 6 committee hearings and report — and for when the Justice Department receives the committee’s full evidence and any criminal referrals.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... stigation/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Re: Prosecution coming for Trump?

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:25 am
This is going to be fun...
I'm pretty sure that's the exact phrase you used to describe the 2016 Presidential election season. And we both know how that one ended.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's the exact phrase you used to describe the 2016 Presidential election season. And we both know how that one ended.
Only because of Russian collusion. :rollin

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Imagine having TDS so bad that you are hoping for a banana republic trial for this country...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 am
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Quick, somebody call Bob Mueller...

Colonel Flagg is guilty of Russian Collusion. I always ask for extra Russian dressing on my corned beef sandwiches. :rollin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:36 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:01 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:45 am
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Quick, somebody call Bob Mueller...

Colonel Flagg is guilty of Russian Collusion. I always ask for extra Russian dressing on my corned beef sandwiches. :rollin
Remember when people were boycotting everything French? French Fries, French Dressing, Brigitte Bardot's version of Je T'aime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Zw4LeSt2w

The Colonel played that once an hour at the oldies stations he worked at.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:47 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:35 pm
Imagine having TDS so bad that you are hoping for a banana republic trial for this country...
Treason is a Banana trial?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:07 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:47 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:35 pm
Treason is a Banana trial?
There was no treason.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:23 am

So generally in cases of a disagreement, our court system is there to make a ruling, unlike in a banana republic.

Quit being a conservative victim.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:23 am
So generally in cases of a disagreement, our court system is there to make a ruling, unlike in a banana republic.

I don't think you know what victim means.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:

Amen.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:00 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Amen.
Amen to what? His entire post was nonsensical.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Amen.
This is a real case for real crimes to overthrow our electoral process. It's embarrassing that you don't take this seriously.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:30 pm

Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:15 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Amen.
This is a real case for real crimes to overthrow our electoral process. It's embarrassing that you don't take this seriously.
The same argument could be made that changing the election rules in the name of covid overthrew our electoral process. I'm not a Trump fan, but don't think that prosecuting a political opponent is a good thing for this country.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:26 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:30 pm
Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:15 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Amen.
The same argument could be made that changing the election rules in the name of covid overthrew our electoral process. I'm not a Trump fan, but don't think that prosecuting a political opponent is a good thing for this country.
For wrongdoing, it is. I am not talking about throwing Mitch in jail.

COVID was and still is a pandemic. The fact that you and other Republicans acted like it was business as normal is part of the reason we have a million dead.

BTW Kager, do you think I still worship Matt?

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic