Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tobacco prohibition

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Tobacco prohibition

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:22 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:28 pm
We should pass a law in this country: No smoking, violators will be shot.
Works for me… that’s a lot less people who can’t go 20 minutes without a cigarette I have to deal with.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:51 pm
Again, smoking will directly impact my health and give me cancer. Me drinking or eating garbage will not have a direct impact, unless I decide to drive drunk, which most people do not.
Someone's not been at a bar latenight!

As for not affecting you.... do your research and read my reply above again. You will find that YOU WILL BE DIRECTLY IMPACTED. Especially, if undiagnosed, which can lead to self medicating/drinking/drugging.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:32 am

Well....New Zealand has followed through on this. Anybody born after Jan 1, 2009 will never, ever be legally allowed to buy cigarettes.

https://news.yahoo.com/zealand-imposes- ... 24860.html

This is basically a phased-in version of prohibition. Just remember: Government knows best.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Cocaine used to be legal, should we decriminalize all class 1 narcotics?

No more second hand smoke.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:06 pm
Good idea, or government overreach?

Denmark is considering banning the sale of all tobacco products to any and all people born after the year 2010.

https://www.news24.com/news24/World/New ... s-20220315

Apparently New Zealand has already announced they intend to do something similar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new- ... s-n1285650

Just more nanny state nonsense, IMO. What's next? McDonalds?
Peak bmw, getting pissy about a country attempting to curtail the use of a known carcinogen. Yea cancer !!!!

kager

Post by kager » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Yes, indeedy...

Potheads know BEST!
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:51 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:49 pm
Yes, indeedy...

Potheads know BEST!
You beat me to it. The irony of our fellow marijuana investor supporting the ban of tobacco.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:51 pm
kager wrote:
Yes, indeedy...

Potheads know BEST!
You beat me to it. The irony of our fellow marijuana investor supporting the ban of tobacco.
Did you mean local? Fellow makes it sound like you have also invested...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:56 pm

bmw wrote:
kager wrote:
Yes, indeedy...
Potheads know BEST!
So marijuana is bad and smoking is fine? Where would you be on banning alcohol?

If we ban cocaine and heroin we should feel no pain at banning tobacco.

I don't smoke anything and would welcome banning all Smoked products.
A total of 12.9% of respondents reported smoking marijuana, 6% reported using edibles, 4.7% reported vaping, 1.9% reported using concentrates, and 0.8% reported using topicals.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:36 pm

I think we will see an influx of Aussie cig smugglers to New Zealand very soon. Give people a reason to quit: offer lower cost healthcare options for those who quite smoking.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:56 pm
bmw wrote:
kager wrote:
Yes, indeedy...
Potheads know BEST!
So marijuana is bad and smoking is fine? Where would you be on banning alcohol?

If we ban cocaine and heroin we should feel no pain at banning tobacco.

I don't smoke anything and would welcome banning all Smoked products.
A total of 12.9% of respondents reported smoking marijuana, 6% reported using edibles, 4.7% reported vaping, 1.9% reported using concentrates, and 0.8% reported using topicals.
Yeah, I'm more of an edibles/concentrates kinda guy. Haven't smoked a blunt in years but that's irrelevant to folks that still believe the 1936 film "Reefer Madness" was a legitimate documentary.

Deleted User 15915

Post by Deleted User 15915 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:16 am

This sissy boy pants nanny stuff makes as much sense as a soup sandwich. No one can't have no fun no more. I've been smokin since I've been 12 and drikin beer and whisky since I've been 14 and I turned out alright. I like Winstons, because they taste good, like a cigarette should!

I tried wacky tabackey a couple times, first time I fell up the stairs trying to go to bed, you read that right brother UP the stairs. 2nd time I got hungry! went to Ponderosa and made 6 trips up to the buffet, got my redneck ass kicked out for eatin too much :lol .

Prohibition in The US of A didn't work so why in san hell do these Zealanders thing banning smokes is gonna do? folks gonna get there kicks and jolies be it legal or not. My great Paw Paw Duke back during prohibition made the best damn moonshine in Mississippi I'm told.

So banning stuff, ain't gonna work. Sounds like these politicians ain't got sense to pour piss out of a boot before they put it back on!

-Old Duke

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:37 pm

Old Duke wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:16 am
This sissy boy pants nanny stuff makes as much sense as a soup sandwich. No one can't have no fun no more. I've been smokin since I've been 12 and drikin beer and whisky since I've been 14 and I turned out alright. I like Winstons, because they taste good, like a cigarette should!

I tried wacky tabackey a couple times, first time I fell up the stairs trying to go to bed, you read that right brother UP the stairs. 2nd time I got hungry! went to Ponderosa and made 6 trips up to the buffet, got my redneck ass kicked out for eatin too much :lol .

Prohibition in The US of A didn't work so why in san hell do these Zealanders thing banning smokes is gonna do? folks gonna get there kicks and jolies be it legal or not. My great Paw Paw Duke back during prohibition made the best damn moonshine in Mississippi I'm told.

So banning stuff, ain't gonna work. Sounds like these politicians ain't got sense to pour piss out of a boot before they put it back on!

-Old Duke
Stop the act, Brian. It's sad.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:31 pm

Brian that works at warehouse?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:59 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:31 pm
Brian that works at warehouse?
In Toledo, yes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic