Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:50 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:00 am
I will never understand how any American can watch the happenings on January sixth and not be repulsed. On a strictly emotional level, to watch these vandals desecrating the American capitol, and not be sickened, amazes me.
Many of us were sickened when the "mostly peaceful" protests were burning down innocent folks' business, attacking and killing innocent folks, and generally making many urban areas even more unsafe for all. Yet, local and federal "leadership" defended those actions, including raising money to release and provide defense of any of the perps who were actually apprehended.
And that means you condone attacking the central edifice of democracy and killing people?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:10 pm

playing the whataboutism card: the technique or practice of responding to a counteraccusation with a fictional concept that deflects from your hypocrisy by implying its unacceptable to point out said hypocrisy.

The correct response to the counteraccusation would be something along the lines of "certainly both examples are alarming".
Unless of course you only think the one example you cited is alarming.
In that case you either defend the actions of the counterargument or take the chicken shit way out and play the aboutism card.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:15 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:10 pm
playing the whataboutism card: the technique or practice of responding to a counteraccusation with a fictional concept that deflects from your hypocrisy by implying its unacceptable to point out said hypocrisy.

The correct response to the counteraccusation would be something along the lines of "certainly both examples are alarming".
Unless of course you only think the one example you cited is alarming.
In that case you either defend the actions of the counterargument or take the chicken shit way out and play the aboutism card.
Actually, I've done that before in several other discussions, because it always seems like that the parallel. Somehow January 6th = BLM protests.

However, the THREAD TITLE is "G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse". My comment responded to that subject. Sorry if that falls into the "chicken shit" category in your book.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:35 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:58 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm
A, The only person actually killed by the event on January 6th was an unarmed, female Air Force Veteran who was shot and killed by a capitol police officer.

B. If BLM riots and ANTIFA taking over parts of a city and trying to burn down a federal building is considered such, to the point of our current Vice President helping to bail out rioters, I guess It's fair to call it that.
Wrong. Three Capitol police officers died.
Please list their names and manner in which they died.

I'll save you the time...

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died on January 7 after he engaged rioters who entered the building. The chief medical examiner of D.C. concluded that he suffered two strokes and died of natural causes.

Two Capitol Police officers, Jeffrey Smith and Howard Liebengood committed suicide several days after the riot. However, none of the officers died the day of the riot.
That's three, idiot. Our nation has had irreparable harm from this terrorist attacks.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:29 am

Irreparable harm? That may be a bit of an overstatement. The average person is more worried about rising gas prices, food prices, prices for everything in general. They have Covid fatigue, they are trying to keep their roof, job and families going and while what happened was Horrible it hasn't changed their everyday lives.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:20 am

Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:35 am

That's three, idiot. Our nation has had irreparable harm from this terrorist attacks.
Drama Queen. They may have died, but they weren't killed like one of the unarmed, innocent, protesters was.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:06 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:20 am

Drama Queen. They may have died, but they weren't killed like one of the unarmed, innocent, protesters was.
That unarmed innocent protester was attempting to break into the house chambers. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. You try that and you should expect to be shot.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:16 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:06 am
Bryce wrote:

That unarmed innocent protester was attempting to break into the house chambers. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. You try that and you should expect to be shot.
Sort of like don't resist arrest don't get shot? Guess this incident wasn't worthy of a riot.

If someone breaks into my home and I know they don't have a weapon and hasn't threatened me or my family, I don't have the moral or legal right to shoot and kill them. Same standard should apply in this case.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:47 pm

If someone breaks into my home and I know they don't have a weapon and hasn't threatened me or my family, I don't have the moral or legal right to shoot and kill them. Same standard should apply in this case.
this certainly contradicts many proclamations you have made. I suppose this doesn't apply if the intruder is bipoc.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:58 am
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:46 pm
A, The only person actually killed by the event on January 6th was an unarmed, female Air Force Veteran who was shot and killed by a capitol police officer.

B. If BLM riots and ANTIFA taking over parts of a city and trying to burn down a federal building is considered such, to the point of our current Vice President helping to bail out rioters, I guess It's fair to call it that.
Wrong. Three Capitol police officers died.
Please list their names and manner in which they died.

I'll save you the time...

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died on January 7 after he engaged rioters who entered the building. The chief medical examiner of D.C. concluded that he suffered two strokes and died of natural causes.

Two Capitol Police officers, Jeffrey Smith and Howard Liebengood committed suicide several days after the riot. However, none of the officers died the day of the riot.
C'mon dude....let's be better. "Idiot"?!?

Bryce might be wrong and set in his ways, but you know he's hardly that.

I've certainly been guilty myself, so I really don't wanna come down on you for the name-calling, but we really should try and up the conversation here. LL is gone. Let's try and move on and actually discuss issues without the vitriol.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:16 am
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Sort of like don't resist arrest don't get shot? Guess this incident wasn't worthy of a riot.

It’s the Capitol. That’s why it’s different. It’s a RESTICTED AREA. Just like the White House. Would you be up in arms had they broken into the White House and been banging on the doors to the Oval Office and she got shot? Should anybody expect less than to be shot when trying to break into the Capitol, Fort Knox , the Pentagon, a nuclear facility, the Supreme Court or the White House? Seriously some places are simply off limits for the general public.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:15 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:17 pm

C'mon dude....let's be better. "Idiot"?!?

Bryce might be wrong and set in his ways, but you know he's hardly that.
I appreciate the thought, but it doesn't bother me. Part of the game people using Rule #5.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Agreed!

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:16 am
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:

How do you KNOW someone doesn't have a weapon? Pure idiocy. Not apologizing.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:51 am

Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:31 pm

How do you KNOW someone doesn't have a weapon? Pure idiocy. Not apologizing.
That sure isn't the logic used when it comes to police interactions in high crime areas.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic