Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COVID isn’t over because you say it is…..

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

COVID isn’t over because you say it is…..

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:45 pm

The surge in BA.2 UK cases which started early last week has crossed the pond and hit America. This follows the same patterns as other trends COVID has taken. We are always two weeks later than the UK. So, despite your hate of masks(and mine), it is time to get a grip back on reality and protect yourself. Getting mad at public health officials does nothing but make you look like an ass. Ignore the conspiracy theories. COVID has a mind of its own. Mask up or buy cough drops, it’s your choice.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... fhH_ih33uE

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: COVID isn’t over because you say it is…..

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:50 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:45 pm
The surge in BA.2 UK cases which started early last week has crossed the pond and hit America. This follows the same patterns as other trends COVID has taken. We are always two weeks later than the UK. So, despite your hate of masks(and mine), it is time to get a grip back on reality and protect yourself. Getting mad at public health officials does nothing but make you look like an ass. Ignore the conspiracy theories. COVID has a mind of its own. Mask up or buy cough drops, it’s your choice.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... fhH_ih33uE
Quit spreading fear. From your link:
"Due to a backlog of previously unreported historic test results received and processed on 03/17/2022, today's new daily confirmed case count contains approximately 825 additional cases that are attributable to older lab results."
The suggestion that you either wear a fucking mask or get sick is beyond preposterous.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:25 pm

The positivity rate on Wednesday was 4% and it is now 10%. Ignore the math at your own peril.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:16 pm

I haven't commented on Covid lately because I believe it has reached the point of being on par with the flu as far as death and severe illness goes (still worse than the flu now only because it is more contagious), but anyways...

This new sub-variant of Omicron is even more contagious than the original Omicron variant. About the only impact that will have on overall case numbers is that it will slow down the decline a bit - which, cases are already WAY WAY down compared to just 2 months ago. Specifically, daily cases in Michigan are down 97 percent and nationally down 96 percent.

Meanwhile, places like China and South Korea are FINALLY getting theirs - South Korea daily cases are at least 5700 percent higher (no, that is not a typo) compared to any other time during the pandemic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:49 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:16 pm
I haven't commented on Covid lately because I believe it has reached the point of being on par with the flu as far as death and severe illness goes (still worse than the flu now only because it is more contagious), but anyways...

This new sub-variant of Omicron is even more contagious than the original Omicron variant. About the only impact that will have on overall case numbers is that it will slow down the decline a bit - which, cases are already WAY WAY down compared to just 2 months ago. Specifically, daily cases in Michigan are down 97 percent and nationally down 96 percent.

Meanwhile, places like China and South Korea are FINALLY getting theirs - South Korea daily cases are at least 5700 percent higher (no, that is not a typo) compared to any other time during the pandemic.
It would really help if the administration would end the national emergency by June 30, acknowledging that this is officially endemic. Even Fraudci said this latest variant isn't causing increased hospitalizations or deaths. Why does MCRF continue to serve as PR for covid?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Looks like someone's been watching CNN. However, CNN said 3 weeks after the UK.

If you are too ignorant to do precautionary things, like wash hands (which few even do, especially after potty), getting various vaccines, or masking... then you made the choice to die. That is nobody's issue but yours.

If you are too stupid and follow "the bandwagon" and believe unproven things, you chose to die. Again, only your own problem. Quit whining about it!

This whole argument was not an issue until Covid. Everyone got vaccines until Covid. Then "THE KING OF THE UNITED STATES OF RUSSIA" said he was not going to get vaxxed. That king got Covid and was in a military hospital for 3 days. That king also wanted unproven therapies to get over Covid to get approved fast, like many uneducated people still think the Covid vaccine was developed. Many people took 45 to be a king, replaced God with 45, put 45 on a cross, and now some media pander to those uneducated and ignorant people, who refuse to vet what they see and hear. That media channel did it only for ratings, since ALL primetime cable opinion channel anchors (FN) WERE vaxxed.

I'm not saying mandates are one way or the other. I am pointing out how ignorant almost 1/2 of the US is.

I cannot respect anyone ignorant.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:44 am

Covid is here, to stay, well at least for the foreseeable future, whatever variant it decides to show up in. Time to live with it, just like the thousands of other viruses/diseases we as humans have endured for thousands of years. Mask mandates, vaccine mandates, lockdowns, shutdowns, remote learning for schools, zoom virtual meetings, no gatherings at places where a large number of people can congregate, don't go visit your family at the holidays (unless you're a politician), no restaurant service indoors, stay six feet away from your fellow human being, etc, etc, DOES NOT WORK. You wanna wear a mask out in public, fine by me, you want to get vaxxed, fine by me (I am vaxxed and boosted), the time to "stay home stay scared" is over, life goes on, live with the virus, stop caving into panic stricken politicians (majority Libs/Dems) who set ridiculous rules and lockdowns (except for themselves), go on, live your life, go see gramma, attend that BBQ on the 4th of July, the hysteria needs to stop. Carry on....(I await stupid replies)....

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:01 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:49 am
bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:16 pm

It would really help if the administration would end the national emergency by June 30, acknowledging that this is officially endemic. Even Fraudci said this latest variant isn't causing increased hospitalizations or deaths. Why does MCRF continue to serve as PR for covid?
Funny you say that, this is why. Facebook memories from 2 years ago(3/20/20):

"Now that I can catch my breath both physically and figuratively, I want to share that I went to the hospital late Wednesday night and was released Thursday morning. I had shortness of breath and a bad dry cough that I thought could have been pneumonia or even worse COVID-19. My respiration rate went down to 87 and bp was at 162/100 It was very scary. They had to give me a breathing treatment, oxygen, and a steroid to open up my airway. Ultimately, they ruled it as an asthmatic attack. Personally, I find it odd that an asthma attack could go on and off from last Friday to late yesterday, unless the severe cold I had spiked it.

Feeling some better today, so far. The oxygen deprivation caused extreme dizziness yesterday when I was doing basic cleaning and collecting garbage around the house.

Back to the hospital visit, I was denied a COVID test as the hospitals are going based on chest x rays before they even think about offering testing. This is a very reactive approach, and I fear this lack of proactive behavior is going to cause thousands of more infections in Macomb County.[editorial: I was right]

But I guess groceries and prescriptions don't pick up themselves.

This is why I am so passionate about the COVID-19 situation. In fact, I got unfriended by two people who felt I was fear mongering."

I would relapse into serious conditions off and on until June 2020. Didn't recover until then.
I ended up in the hospital the last week of March 2020 and for a third time in early May 2020. Due to the fact that most people only test positive for 7 days max, it's not a given that I didn't have it then.

It is my belief that I had the virus, and I have a legit fear that the next time could kill me as an asthmatic. My friend had COVID 4 times and still can't fucking walk. His first case was back in July 2020. Has been in the hospital for pneumonia 16 different visits.

I have had back problems intensify since I was sick two years ago. Due to the pain, I cannot work a full time job and work part time.

I don't owe you anything more as to why I care about my health and treat this virus seriously. We are nearing 1 million deaths in this country. And the overall death rate is higher year over year as far as excessive deaths, so it's not flu numbers disguised.

Here's the better question, Matt. Why do you continuously harass me about COVID? You think it's over, then keep scrolling.....

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:48 am

I'm not harassing you - I'm just tired of the fatalism. There is no need to continue spreading fear.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:48 am
I'm not harassing you - I'm just tired of the fatalism. There is no need to continue spreading fear.
Motor does have a point. Quit whining and carry on with the war! Do what Ukraine soldiers are doing. You don't see them putting down weapons to defend their territory over Covid rules, knowing that the virus is still in Ukraine. If you feel differently, do what you must do in YOUR life. Not 1 person here is "holier than thou." It almost sounds like a religious war between 2 religions.

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:09 pm

Ah... as I see this question, Cable news needs a new thing to frighten the sheeple with. For a couple of weeks, we had less talk of Corona virus and it was all about The war in the country of Ukraine. It seems this has gone a tad stale, so to freshen things up, Coronavirus has been brought out to the forefront thrice more.

This time, I believe the masses are desensitized to it and we have to ask ourselves, does one want to live the rest of ones life, as we have the past 24 months? I say never! You cannot keep the public on this proverbial emotional rollercoaster, with giving rights back and taking away rights. I think of it like moving people around like pawns in chess if you will.

Masks, as far as I'm concerned are solely an individuals personal choice. No need to spread fear and rumors, it does no good.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm

Grim Reaper wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:09 pm
Ah... as I see this question, Cable news needs a new thing to frighten the sheeple with. For a couple of weeks, we had less talk of Corona virus and it was all about The war in the country of Ukraine. It seems this has gone a tad stale, so to freshen things up, Coronavirus has been brought out to the forefront thrice more.

This time, I believe the masses are desensitized to it and we have to ask ourselves, does one want to live the rest of ones life, as we have the past 24 months? I say never! You cannot keep the public on this proverbial emotional rollercoaster, with giving rights back and taking away rights. I think of it like moving people around like pawns in chess if you will.

Masks, as far as I'm concerned are solely an individuals personal choice. No need to spread fear and rumors, it does no good.
Or cases are skyrocketing everywhere after safeguards are removed?

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:30 pm

Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm
Grim Reaper wrote:

That isn't happening.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Grim Reaper wrote:

That isn't happening.
It is in the UK, and cases already doubled from Wednesday to Friday in Michigan.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:30 pm
Grim Reaper wrote:

That isn't happening.
It is in the UK, and cases already doubled from Wednesday to Friday in Michigan.
Cases don't matter. Hospitalizations and deaths are way down. Nothing has been changed recently either. If you want to lock yourself in your house, have at it - the rest of us are getting back to live rather than merely existing. Also, the state added 800 cases on Friday from previous days, so your claim that the low count doubled is disingenuous at best.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic