Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching Biden's agenda collapse in its entirety

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching Biden's agenda collapse in its entirety

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:37 am

https://apnews.com/article/voting-right ... 3b7b14588d
Voting legislation that Democrats and civil rights leaders say is vital to protecting democracy collapsed when two senators refused to join their own party in changing Senate rules to overcome a Republican filibuster after a raw, emotional debate.

The outcome Wednesday night was a stinging defeat for President Joe Biden and his party, coming at the tumultuous close to his first year in office.

Despite a day of piercing debate and speeches that often carried echoes of an earlier era when the Senate filibuster was deployed by opponents of civil rights legislation, Democrats could not persuade holdout senators Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona and Joe Manchin of West Virginia to change the Senate procedures on this one bill and allow a simple majority to advance it.
Build Back Better - Originally over $3 trillion in spending - DEAD.
Vaccine mandate for employees of large businesses - DEAD.
So-called "voting rights" - DEAD.

The Democrats control The House, the Senate, and the Presidency and can't seem to get literally anything done. Perfectly fine by me.

SoutheastMIViewer

Re: I'm thoroughly enjoying watching Biden's agenda collapse in its entirety

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:54 am

When democracy actually works. :hat

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

G G

Re: I'm thoroughly enjoying watching Biden's agenda collapse in its entirety

Post by G G » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 am

This is what the Democrats want! Meanwhile, trannies try to molest our children.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic