Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CONS: Ally Magnets are bad...mmmkay.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

CONS: Ally Magnets are bad...mmmkay.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 am

The CONS in South Dakota have attacked a teacher simply for having an ally magnet near her desk. The hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil campaign continues from the far bigoted right.

http://www.truedakotan.com/news/school- ... 7dc0f.html

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Re: CONS: Ally Magnets are bad...mmmkay.

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:35 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 am
The CONS in South Dakota have attacked a teacher simply for having an ally magnet near her desk. The hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil campaign continues from the far bigoted right.

Why does that need to be in a classroom? It’s probably best to just ban all political, religious and social movement symbols all together and leave it there. Problem solved. Next.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:01 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:35 am
Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 am

Why does that need to be in a classroom? It’s probably best to just ban all political, religious and social movement symbols all together and leave it there. Problem solved. Next.
Very good question.

Though I wonder if the reaction would different if a student had, say, a keychain with the same attached to their backpack... or came to school with rainbow hair?

Or either student or teacher had an NRA pin on their collar or lapel?

Not certain a ban would hold water, but in a perfect world...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 am

Just wondering, how does labeling people on the right as "CONS" advance your argument or contribute to constructive conversation?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:31 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 am
Just wondering, how does labeling people on the right as "CONS" advance your argument or contribute to constructive conversation?
It works no better than libs…

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:42 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:31 am
Matt wrote:
It works no better than libs…
Agreed, neither are clever or funny.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:37 am

I don't see the problem with a teacher placing some sort of symbol saying that they are inclusive when a lot of LGBTQ kids or kids who think they may be LGBTQ might be apprehensive of approaching trusted adults about problems such as bullying and all. Kids shouldn't suffer because adults in today's world feel the need to politicize everything and turn everything into a social issue. Informing kids that they can have a safe space if they go to that teacher seems like a positive thing to me.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Because they are fucking fascists that only act conservative and need to be called out on their BS. A true conservative doesn’t want our classrooms being regulated to death. That’s why they are CONS.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:53 pm
Matt wrote:
Because they are fucking fascists that only act conservative and need to be called out on their BS. A true conservative doesn’t want our classrooms being regulated to death. That’s why they are CONS.
I am sick of your bigoted sh*t. F*ck you.
Wow, you're a POS.
you're too busy f*cking horses to actually do something. You're a pissant.
F*cking prick.
I don't know who's doing the coaching, but they are failing you.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:18 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:21 pm
Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:53 pm
Matt wrote:
I am sick of your bigoted sh*t. F*ck you.
Wow, you're a POS.
you're too busy f*cking horses to actually do something. You're a pissant.
F*cking prick.
I don't know who's doing the coaching, but they are failing you.
Nice deflection from the topic.

Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:32 am

Three days into this thread and I still don't have the remotest clue what it's about.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic