Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The pandemic will be over by May 1

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Are you seriously asking me if I've met any long haulers yet? My mom's doctor classified her as a long-hauler as of about 3 weeks ago.

As to your claim about exposure to Covid increasing your risk of heart disease, a link please?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:13 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:58 am
The annual car death rate in the USA is about 38,000. Multiply that by 10 and you have the COVID death rate.
So drive on you "pack of idiots".
On a per-infection basis, given the probable number of undetected or unreported infections, Omicron may well be no more fatal than the flu. MW pointed to Sweden. I checked out their numbers, and their deaths appear to be down about 8x per infection (when accounting for lag behind actual case numbers) compared to their death rate just over a year ago (4x more cases, 2x fewer deaths).
What does that have to with using worldwide auto deaths as a comparison to US Covid deaths? The answer is nothing and you know that. Compare world auto deaths to world Covid deaths or US auto deaths to US Covid deaths. One or the other. But to mix and match to try and make a point only makes one look like a liar or stupid.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:21 pm

Sad that this has become (yet another) vax vs. anti-vax thread when I think it was supposed to be about some positive projections about better times ahead.

Oh well. For me, for now, I'm gonna focus on that optimism.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:42 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:35 pm
I’ve always remained positive.

No need to fear, panic, or riot.

No vaccine, no problem.

Cool that the Omicron vax will be ready in March, when me and three other people haven’t gotten Omicron. I’ll still refuse the vax because that’s my right, but feel free to get jabbed, wear a muzzle, or anything else voluntarily. Just don’t force me to do anything, because I won’t.
Three other people and I. (Look it up)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:25 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:35 pm
I’ve always remained positive.

No need to fear, panic, or riot.

No vaccine, no problem.

Cool that the Omicron vax will be ready in March, when me and three other people haven’t gotten Omicron. I’ll still refuse the vax because that’s my right, but feel free to get jabbed, wear a muzzle, or anything else voluntarily. Just don’t force me to do anything, because I won’t.
Is your little anti vax group responsible for sending these muzzles to politicians. Shameful but expected.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:21 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:50 pm
It must get tiring keeping up this charade.
Boy, I'll say... how do you do it?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:17 pm

Keep in mind this came from a legitimate medical school not from a conspiracy website. I'm not surprised you weren't able to find anything.

A study from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis provides evidence that the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 can invade and replicate inside heart muscle cells, causing cell death and interfering with heart muscle contraction. The image of engineered heart tissue shows human heart muscle cells (red) infected with SARS-CoV-2 (green).

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/covid-1 ... ntraction/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:01 am

I don't see anything there about the risk for future heart disease increasing. The closest thing I can find is "the immune cells we see in COVID-19 heart patients tend to be associated with a chronic condition that can have long-term consequences" but it doesn't specify what those long-term consequences are, just how "long term" they are, and whether they're reversable.

I'm not saying that Covid doesn't lead to future heart problems, but I haven't seen evidence that Covid causes permanent heart damage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 am

Are you looking for any evidence that indicates that covid is bad for you? I'm going with no.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 am
Are you looking for any evidence that indicates that covid is bad for you? I'm going with no.
Had *anyone* actually looked for long-term evidence that the vaccine might be bad for you?

I'm going with no, at least so far.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 am
Let's just recap how we got here. You made a specific claim: That because I have had Covid, I "likely have a greater risk of heart disease in the future." This is the type of claim that requires evidence. I asked for a link. You linked me to a study that reached no such conclusion. I pointed out that the study you linked me to reached no such conclusion.

Your response? That I should be actively seeking out evidence that the Covid I've already had is going to cause me problems in the future.

First off, that is what is known as confirmation bias. When you research something with a pre-determined outcome in your own mind, that is the evidence you will seek out. So thanks for at least admitting that you do your research for the purpose of confirmation bias. All I've been looking for all along is the truth. You'll note in my posts in here in late 2020 that I had high hopes for the vaccine. I didn't go into researching the vaccine and its effectiveness hoping to prove it was ineffective: quite the opposite. But the data is what it is.

Second - what is done is done as far as me and my family having all had Covid. Why in the world would I want to actively seek out evidence that we're all screwed if there's nothing we can do about it anyways?

I'm guessing you have higher anxiety than the average person.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:03 am

Maybe CONsultants live this way to make themselves look useful?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 am

Here is some interesting info I found via a Google search that took five seconds:

https://www.unitypoint.org/coronavirus- ... 20exercise.

An excerpt:
COVID-19 Heart Damage Symptoms
COVID-19 causes a severe inflammatory response in the body, which impacts multiple organs – and the heart is one of them. COVID-19 can both directly and indirectly impact the heart, including:

Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
Fluid around the heart (pericardial effusion)
Weakness of the heart (cardiomyopathy)
Heart rhythm conditions (heart arrhythmia)
Racing heart (heart palpitations)
Heart muscle inflammation (myocarditis)
Broken heart syndrome
Heart failure
If you are experiencing severe chest pain or other heart attack symptoms, please call 911 immediately.

How Does COVID-19 Affect Your Heart?
“When your body gets attacked by something like COVID, it causes the body to release more chemical substances, which causes inflammation. The body has mechanisms to protect against some level of inflammation, but too many chemicals being released is bad – causing more inflammation than the body can handle,” Dr. Langager says.

This inflammatory response can impact multiple organs, including the heart.

Can COVID-19 Cause Heart Attacks?
The COVID-19 virus can cause a variety of heart issues, including heart attacks.

“COVID induces a strong inflammatory response in the body. That inflammatory response in people who have heart disease can cause a blood clot to form within a blockage (plaque) causing the classic heart attack. People who experience this must go to the cath lab (catheterization laboratory) to get a stent or similar procedure to get the blockage open,” Dr. Langager says.

Due to all the inflammation, COVID can also cause heart damage without necessarily leading to a heart attack. This damage may be temporary or permanent.

Can COVID-19 Cause Heart Inflammation (Myocarditis)?
The heart inflammation caused by COVID-19 can directly cause myocarditis. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle that can impact a heart’s ability to pump, leading to hazardous heart rhythms. When someone has this condition, it can be very dangerous to exercise.

“That’s why there’s so much concern about athletes who contract COVID-19. The exertion put into their sport, with a damaged heart from myocarditis, can cause dangerous heart rhythms, which is known to lead to sudden death,” Dr. Langager says.

Can the COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Heart Inflammation?
While the virus that causes COVID-19 can cause heart inflammation, rarely, so can the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna). According to the CDC, there's a very minor risk of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the outer lining of the heart) in adolescents and young adults after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.

Confirmed cases of heart inflammation have occurred:

Mostly in male adolescents and young adults age 16 or older
More often after the second dose, rather than the first
Within several days after the COVID-19 vaccination
Symptoms of myocarditis or pericarditis include:

Chest pain
Shortness of breath
Palpitations
Most cases of heart inflammation following the COVID-19 vaccine are mild and responded well to medications and rest. No deaths have been associated with the side effect. Researchers continue to track heart inflammation cases to learn more and monitor any long-term risks. As a precaution, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) added a warning to patient and provider fact sheets.

Overall, heart inflammation is an extremely rare side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine. In fact, heart inflammation is much more common if you get the COVID-19 virus. It’s highly recommended everyone 12 and older get the COVID-19 vaccine to protect themselves, their families, their communities and enjoy what it’s like to safely return to more normal activities.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 am

Here is an excerpt focusing on post-COVID risks:
Can Heart Issue Happen Post-COVID-19?
COVID-19 can cause both short-term and long-term effects on the heart.

“We know more about the short-term effects in people who’ve been hospitalized from COVID-19. Those usually include blood clot issues, heart attacks due to blockages, abnormal heart rhythm conditions and broken heart syndrome. It’s the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the heart that we are only now starting to get a handle on,” Dr. Langager says.

Those who experience long-term effects of COVID-19 are often referred to as “long-haulers.” Extensive studies haven’t been done on this group yet since the virus is still very new. Research tells us people can experience a variety of symptoms long after recovering from the virus – some of which involve the lungs, the heart or other reactions that can’t be pinpointed to a specific organ.

“Those who’ve contracted COVID-19 and their care teams need to pay attention to all symptoms closely, even after someone appears to have recovered from the virus,” Dr. Langager says.

Who is Most Likely to Experience Heart Issues From COVID-19?
Anyone who contracts COVID-19 could experience a heart issue. It doesn’t matter if you experience no symptoms (asymptomatic), a mild case or a severe case resulting in hospitalization. Dr. Langager says we don’t know how common heart issues are just yet, but there are a couple things we do know from early research.

“Twenty to 25 percent of people who are hospitalized with COVID-19 will experience some sort of heart issue. We know about those patients because they’ve been studied in the hospital. What we don’t know is the true extent of heart issues in people who haven’t been hospitalized. There are some studies emerging that a significant number show impacts on the heart when checked months later. Those heart issues weren’t identified immediately, because they weren’t hospitalized,” he says.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:24 am

Sorry MW, but without graphs your information is not valid.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic