Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The pandemic will be over by May 1

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: The pandemic will be over by May 1

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 pm
.... But something about the Covid vaccine topic has him really on edge and lashing out. ....
The vaccine has created a new religion. There are folks who were told it was safe and they need to take it. They believe and they did. They were told it was safe by Pope Fauci and Cardinal Walensky, and they believe it, and this cannot be questioned. No real proof yet that it is entirely safe, but it does appear to prevent near-term serious illness, especially if you keep going to the alter and getting your consecrated Host on a regular basis. There is no proof that the vaccines are safe for long-term use and these followers will avoid any scientific investigation into the matter. They have no problem abdicating their decisions and responsibilities to the higher powers of the church and funding the movement for whatever needs the church's leadership determines necessary. They have no problem denigrating the "non believers" and have determined that the "non believers" will die an awful death and society will be better off without them.

When I first heard the term "Branch Covidians", I thought it was referring to lunatics. Now I realize it was just a new religion.

And here I thought it was just the Maskderbaters that were an issue.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:24 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:52 pm
Just curious.... How many Detroiters are unvaccinated? (or percent). How many do you think are Trump supporters?
Here is the state COVID deaths by county. Republicans completely lose that stupid arguement. Keep digging and failing. Oh wait, now argue the facts you idiot.

https://www.google.com/m?q=covid+deaths ... psf=opmpfc
Almost 25% of the deaths for the entire state are in just ONE solid-blue county. Thanks for pointing that out.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 am

Nobody likes to admit they were lied to and that they bought into the lies. I feel like that is what is driving a lot of the lashing out I've seen from the intellectually-not-curious pro-vaccine cultists lately. And their animosity towards studies and data borders on psychosis. They act like the people who are skeptical of the government and of the vaccine are a cult, when in reality, it is them who exhibit the most cult-like behavior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 pm

"Oversold" is the perfect word here. It also didn't help that most of the government-funded PSA's in various forms of media came across as propaganda pieces - in particular, the ones with little children espousing the virtues of getting vaccinated.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:45 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 pm
"Oversold" is the perfect word here. It also didn't help that most of the government-funded PSA's in various forms of media came across as propaganda pieces - in particular, the ones with little children espousing the virtues of getting vaccinated.
All those dead unvaccinated Americans salute your fight. The rest of us now think you're nuts.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:45 pm
All those dead unvaccinated Americans salute your fight. The rest of us now think you're nuts.
Ok, you wanna take the gloves off? Let's take the gloves off.

How many lives have been lost to Covid on Joe Biden's watch per month since the vaccine was available? And how many lives were lost on Trump's watch per month when we had no vaccine whatsoever?

Go find some numbers. I'll wait.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:

How many lives have been lost to Covid on Joe Biden's watch per month since the vaccine was available? And how many lives were lost on Trump's watch per month when we had no vaccine whatsoever?

How is that Bidens fault? He's urged everybody to get the vaccine and made it easily available. If people like you are too stupid to get it, he's not to blame.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:06 pm

bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
This guy is so fucking amusing and mentally ill. You people should feel guilty for pushing his buttons, but I can understand why you do.
bmw wrote:

This is where the resident conservative researcher for the buzzboard sorta makes himself look like a goofball. All I have seen from him is drawing conclusions from descriptive statistics. That's fine when you're just casually posting on a forum, to posit your opinion, but this guy has tried to flex for the past year or so on the basis that he is offering more than opinion based on the facts, hes tried to insinuate that he is bringing new knowledge. ive seen data posted here, actually data posted by craig, that could be the basis for testing a hypothesis.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:22 pm

Question. Wouldn't the death numbers for each president have to be the original strain only? No Omicron or Delta deaths to make it a fair comparison.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:31 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:22 pm
Question. Wouldn't the death numbers for each president have to be the original strain only? No Omicron or Delta deaths to make it a fair comparison.
This is true! Also, conditions would need to be similar to really conclude at a causal impact.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:22 pm
Has there been more than ONE Omicron-confirmed death? I honestly haven't checked around to see if there is but I haven't heard of one since that one in TX.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 pm

I am sure there has been more than one Omicron death since it is the main strain of infections these days but I haven't seen any numbers broken down by variant.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:04 pm

I will take all the responses here as an implicit acknowledgment that more people died from Covid on Biden's watch while most are vaccinated than did on Trump's watch when nobody was vaccinated.

Face it. Biden's Covid policies (at least the ones that were actually enacted and weren't struck down as unconstitutional by the Supreme Court) have been an utter failure by any metric you can come up with. He has done NOTHING to save lives. "Encouraging" people to get vaccinated? Really? That's the best anybody can come up with? Biden doesn't have a clue how to manage the pandemic, and at the end of the day, it will come to an end (hopefully in a few months) with no credit whatsoever going to anything the Biden administration has done. And if the best excuse you can up with is "but, but but, variants!" then I don't know what else to say other than Biden has failed miserably at dealing with or preparing for the variants.

And again - the reality is that more people have been dying every day on average since we reached 60%+ vaccination rates than were dying daily when we had no vaccine whatsoever. Reach whatever conclusions you want from that and make up whatever excuses you want if it helps you continue to believe that the vaccines are the magical bullet.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:13 pm

I think the implied and stated response that you should accept is that you've lost your fucking mind.

How many people have you killed today with your lies?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:04 pm
And again - the reality is that more people have been dying every day on average since we reached 60%+ vaccination rates than were dying daily when we had no vaccine whatsoever.
BUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE ONES WHO ARE DYING ARE UNVAXXED, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic