Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

UM hospital COVID numbers today

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

UM hospital COVID numbers today

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:23 pm

Whether the patient has one or more of the following*: significant underlying lung disease, immunocompromised, age 65 or older
Data for January 3, 2022

Total patients hospitalized: 118 (79*)
Vaccinated: 35 (26*)
Unvaccinated: 83 (53*)
Patients in the ICU: 39 (20*)
Vaccinated: 7 (5*)
Unvaccinated: 32 (15*)
Patients on ventilators: 27 (13*)
Vaccinated: 5 (4*)
Unvaccinated: 22(9*)

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Re: UM hospital COVID numbers today

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Interesting.

I'm surprised the "vaccinated" numbers are as high as those are, especially in the more serious cases. I would have thought 90% would be "unvaccinated", just based on what we hear every day.

I'm wondering if the original data also included any weight-related statistics?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:37 pm

What they offer at my "go to" site certainly didn't address obesity but it's a good question.
In any case I like my chances vaccinated better than if I weren't.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:42 pm

It's also not mentioned how many of the kids hospitalized are there for something other than COVID.
I have a loved one who is a pediatric nurse at Beaumont Royal Oak. She says almost every pediatric COVID patient came in for other reasons and tested positive during routine procedure.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:15 am

Data for January 10, 2022

Total patients hospitalized: 128 (85*)
Vaccinated: 49 (40*)
Unvaccinated: 79 (45*)
Patients in the ICU: 33 (15*)
Vaccinated: 7 (5*)
Unvaccinated: 26 (10*)
Patients on ventilators: 20 (9*)
Vaccinated: 5 (4*)
Unvaccinated: 15 (5*)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:11 pm

UofM gets more severe comorbid patients than a normal community hospital. Mortality changes.

Top U.S. infectious-disease expert Anthony S. Fauci on Wednesday reiterated the stark warning that the coronavirus will probably infect most Americans eventually, but added an important caveat: While “virtually everybody is going to wind up getting exposed and likely get infected,” he said, “if you’re vaccinated and if you’re boosted, the chances of you getting sick are very, very low.”

Fauci made the statement at a White House news briefing, echoing what other top health officials have said in recent days. His comments add to the growing list of clarion calls to the unvaccinated, urging them to get shots by citing grim numbers that show the uninoculated are in danger of serious illness.

At a Senate hearing Tuesday, Fauci said that unvaccinated people are 20 times likelier to die, 17 times likelier to be hospitalized and 10 times likelier to be infected than the vaccinated. In that same session, acting commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration Janet Woodcock said that “it’s hard to process what’s actually happening right now, which is most people are going to get covid.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:35 pm

Fauchi's quote doesn't match that data from Munson, nor the data posted from UofM earlier. More hype that doesn't match real world facts.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:44 pm

Faucci uses a sample size of the entire country we cite two individual hospitals. You seem kind of not understanding how statistical data works.

You're either stupid or you deliberately do not want to accept something because it doesn't fit your political beliefs.

Why don't you do the equivalent of running in traffic and head to the nearest testing center without your mask and start breathing heavily. Let's see how the data works out for you.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:44 pm
Faucci uses a sample size of the entire country we cite two individual hospitals. You seem kind of not understanding how statistical data works.

You're either stupid or you deliberately do not want to accept something because it doesn't fit your political beliefs.

Why don't you do the equivalent of running in traffic and head to the nearest testing center without your mask and start breathing heavily. Let's see how the data works out for you.
You're the one that posted the data along with his quote. I haven't seen any data from other states that is significantly different than that Munson data or the data from UofM.

We know that Fauchi had been saying a lot of things that don't match reality though, so I'm not surprised at that quote.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 am

And you back up you position with anything but a hunch? Here lies the problem.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic