Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How you know that Omicron isn't a big deal

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

How you know that Omicron isn't a big deal

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:52 am

Despite the 3rd straight day of record-setting daily Covid cases (over 2.6 million new reported cases over the past 72 hours), 95% of which are estimated to be Omicron, the top headline on every news source I looked at is about an event that happened a year ago.

CBS News - What we know about January 6: One year later
ABC News - Biden, White House says, to confront Trump's 'singular responsibility' for Jan. 6
Reuters - Factbox: Trump's false claims debunked: the 2020 election and Jan. 6 Riot
NPR - How many face charges for the January 6 Capitol attack
AP - A year after Jan. 6, Congress more deeply divided than ever
Yahoo - A Year After Capitol Riot, Trump's Hold on GOP Is Unrivaled
MSNBC - Biden criticizes Trump, warns of threats to democracy in speech on Jan. 6 anniversary
Fox News - President Biden addresses nation one year after thousands stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6
Washington Post - Nation marks a year since a pro-Trump mob stormed Capitol
New York Times - Analysis: Jan. 6 Attack Has Become Another Wedge in a Divided Nation

Honeyman

Re: How you know that Omicron isn't a big deal

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:10 am

The fact that you are referring to what happened last January sixth as "an event" speaks volumes.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:21 am

An event, by definition, is "a thing that happens, especially one of importance."

Do you disagree with that characterization?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:24 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:21 am
An event, by definition, is "a thing that happens, especially one of importance."

Do you disagree with that characterization?
You know what I mean and the point I was making. But you insist on acting like a 7 year old boy who just loves to argue. Sorry, but I'm not gonna play anymore with you in this thread.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:45 am

And you knew the point of MY post but you chose to zero in on one single word and challenge it. That is what being argumentative looks like. There was nothing wrong with my use of the word "event." And quite frankly, I think the "importance" of that event is being overblown. I'm well aware that others do not feel that way.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:48 am

From my point of view, it may have been more than an "event," but it certainly falls far short from an "insurrection" as most of the left and their media stooges have branded it.

The hullabaloo over this is nothing more than an attempt to keep Trump from running again in 2024. Liz Cheney admitted as much in a ABC interview. It is also a handy way to deflect attention from the miserable performance of the current CIC for a brief moment.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:48 am
From my point of view, it may have been more than an "event," but it certainly falls far short from an "insurrection" as most of the left and their media stooges have branded it.

The hullabaloo over this is nothing more than an attempt to keep Trump from running again in 2024. Liz Cheney admitted as much in a ABC interview. It is also a handy way to deflect attention from the miserable performance of the current CIC for a brief moment.
Biden's little rant today may have actually ensured that Trump consider running, not unlike Seth Meyers at the WH Correspondents Dinner.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:25 pm

Just curious if ANY one of those programs will address why RAY EPPS has still never been charged as part of that "event"?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic