Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blood On Their Hands

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Blood On Their Hands

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:32 am

Given the fact about 98% of the year was already over as of the time of the first post, it is very unlikely any movement in stats will be statistically significant.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:37 am

Are there any in the hospital that might yet die in the new year?

If the record is 90 total, we're currently at 84, that number could still be passed.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:08 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:24 am
Bryce, the remarks you quoted from the National F.O.P. in the second post you made to this thread were lies.

To recap, those remarks were as follows:
The National Fraternal Order of Police, the world's largest organization of law enforcement officers, on Wednesday reported a record number of police officers shot and killed in 2021.

As of Tuesday midnight, the FOP recorded 314 officers shot in the line of duty — 58 of whom were killed.

"We are on pace this year to see the highest number of officers shot in the line of duty in one year ever recorded," FOP president Patrick Yoes said in a Wednesday statement.
The number of officers shot and killed in the line of duty did not reach record levels in 2021. Higher than normal levels? Absolutely. Record levels? Nope. The stats posted earlier going back to year 2000 prove that.

Our country would be much better off if the FOP were disbanded. Spewing bullshit as the FOP does is not effective at improving public sentiment regarding policing. If anything, that organization's routine defense of bad eggs - or refusal to condemn corrupt individuals within the profession - spawns resentment against policing.
In fairness, I believe the opening statement was that of the journalist. The actual quote from Patrick Yoes stated that there were a record number SHOT in the line of duty, not shot and killed.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:10 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:37 am
Are there any in the hospital that might yet die in the new year?

If the record is 90 total, we're currently at 84, that number could still be passed.
MW was referring to gunshots, as that was what the FOP's claim was based on, which is inaccurate. But still, you raise a great point! 59 officers were killed in 2021 so far by gunshots! In the past 20 years, there were 68 cops killed in 2007 and 2011. There could be 10 cops waiting to die/will be killed in the next 3 days. 15% of deaths in less than 1% of remaining days doesn't sound outlandish.

I bet those lib doctors and nurses are going to keep them alive just to prove the FOP wrong >:(

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:12 am

I was referring to fatalities from gunfire, but either way, the FOP is wrong regarding their "record number" claim.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:32 pm

More serving and protecting leads to a homicide charge for a police officer....
After a Kansas medical examiner ruled the death of an unarmed Black teenager in law enforcement custody a homicide Monday, attention has turned once again to a controversial restraint technique that also raised questions after George Floyd’s murder.

Cedric Lofton, 17, died Sept. 26 in Wichita, two days after police responded to a call that described the teen “exhibiting erratic and aggressive behavior” toward his foster family, according to the autopsy report from the Sedgwick County Regional Forensic Science Center. While in custody at a juvenile detention center, Lofton’s ankles were placed in shackles, his wrists were handcuffed behind his back, and officers rolled him onto his chest — what’s known as the prone position.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:48 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:32 pm
More serving and protecting leads to a homicide charge for a police officer....
After a Kansas medical examiner ruled the death of an unarmed Black teenager in law enforcement custody a homicide Monday, attention has turned once again to a controversial restraint technique that also raised questions after George Floyd’s murder.

Cedric Lofton, 17, died Sept. 26 in Wichita, two days after police responded to a call that described the teen “exhibiting erratic and aggressive behavior” toward his foster family, according to the autopsy report from the Sedgwick County Regional Forensic Science Center. While in custody at a juvenile detention center, Lofton’s ankles were placed in shackles, his wrists were handcuffed behind his back, and officers rolled him onto his chest — what’s known as the prone position.
Wanna look at percentages?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:24 am

Sure, here's my data...

900 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... -database/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:24 am
Sure, here's my data...

And how many of those pulled a weapon first?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:47 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sure, here's my data...

900 killed by police.
There are about 231,000,000 people between the ages of 15-69
If we assume that age span is most of the deceased then cops killed 1 person in 256,666.
There are about 655,000 sworn cops in America with badges, guns and handcuffs who patrol the streets and interact with citizens.
According to the link provided earlier 86 of them were killed by citizens intentionally. That is 1 cop killed for every 7616 "on duty"

1:256,666 ratio of citizens (15-69 age group) killed by cops
1:7,616 ratio of cops killed by citizens.

That doesn't even address how many of those 900 dead actually caused their own fate. But it was a significant number.

Now I will toss out some hypothetical numbers.
if those 655,000 cops worked 48 weeks a year 5 days a week that would be about 157,200,000 "cop days worked" a year. If each of those cops only had 3 interactions day with a citizen that would be
close to 472,000,000 cop/citizen interaction a year. I would suggest the interactions per day is considerably larger than 3. If a cop writes a ticket for speeding and there are 2 people in the car that is two possible "victims" that weren't killed by a cop. If that cop then goes to the donut shop and there are 5 customers and 2 employees that is 7 citizens he was in proximity to and didn't kill.
I could go on but my point is my hypothetical 472,000,000 cop/citizen interactions a year is probably much larger.
I toss the above out because there are a lot of people who act like most cops are just looking for an excuse to kill somebody.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:16 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sure, here's my data...

And how many of those pulled a weapon first?
No, it's your turn. How are police the victims when they are never held accountable for the violence they cause needlessly.
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:19 am

10-42 Officer Rittmanic
One police officer is dead and another is in serious condition after being shot while responding to a call at a hotel in Kankakee County, Illinois, Wednesday night.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:31 am

In 2019, police shot and killed 1,003 people in the US, according to the Washington Post’s Fatal Force database. Of those, 250 were black and 405 white. Police shot and killed 55 unarmed suspects, including 25 whites and 14 blacks.
Everyone most likely come up with the name of several black men shot by police. Quick, without using Google, name one of the white victims. Oh? I see. Why is that?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:10 pm
How are police the victims when they are never held accountable for the violence they cause needlessly.
I think Kim Potter might disagree with this statement. So do I.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:54 pm

Here are some more Police Victims...
The two officers, Louis Lozano and Eric Mitchell, had ignored the call to respond to the robbery at a nearby Macy’s on April 15, 2017, according to newly released court documents. Instead, the two spent roughly 20 minutes driving around hunting a Snorlax — a humongous creature described in court documents as “the Sleeping Pokémon” — that had appeared on their phones in “Pokémon Go,” an augmented-reality video game in which creatures pop up in everyday places and players seek to catch them.
A White off-duty deputy says he shot a Black man who jumped on his truck. Data implies otherwise.
A deputy sheriff in North Carolina is accused of fatally shooting a men he says jumped on his truck. A witness says the man was crossing the street. The truck and the body show no signs of impact, investigators said
And my favorite...
A sheriff in Texas is accused of regularly ordering his deputies to seize cash and vehicles from undocumented immigrants during traffic stops, even if they were not stopped for an alleged crime.

Real County Sheriff Nathan Johnson is under criminal investigation after officials with the Texas Rangers and the Texas Attorney General’s Office raided four locations last month connected to the sheriff’s office. Johnson recently acknowledged to the Texas Rangers that money was regularly seized from undocumented immigrants by deputies during traffic stops before the people were handed over to U.S. Border Patrol agents, according to search warrants obtained by the Texas Tribune, the first to report the story.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic