Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I tested positive for Covid today

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: I tested positive for Covid today

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:32 am

Glad you are doing ok!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:24 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:41 am
I'm about the same. Case remains mild. Fever without the influence of Advil/Tylenol sits at about 100.2 degrees. Blood oxygen remains at 97, sometimes 98%. My baseline before I got sick was about a point higher between 98 and 99.

Severity of symptoms sit at about a 3 out of 10.

The closest thing I can compare my experience to is a typical flu that has about 1/2 the severity as normal, combined with the stuffiness of a mild cold. I'm reasonably confident I'm going to get through this mostly unscathed. But I know things CAN still turn for the worse. But so far so good.
How are you doing?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Physically I'm ok. I'm on about day 7, my case remains quite mild and hasn't turned into anything concerning.

Mentally, I'm exhausted from taking care of my mom who has it too. Had to take her to the hospital in the middle of the night as her oxygen had dropped. Her case still isn't critical as she's still breathing ok on her own. She has had severe nausea the past few days which led to her not drinking near enough water and ultimately dehydration. So they got her on an IV, also started her on a steroid and a Z-Pack as she had very early traces of pneumonia.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:19 pm

I know others that had bad nausea.

I'll certainly be praying for her.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:33 pm

What's your medication treatment so far?

Have either of you had (or considered) the monoclonal antibody treatment? Did the hospital or any consulted doctors suggest or recommend it?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:36 pm

It's probably too late for his Mom to try that, they need to do it within 10 days.

Doesn't sound like BMW needs it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:39 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:36 pm
It's probably too late for his Mom to try that, they need to do it within 10 days.

Doesn't sound like BMW needs it.
Maybe too late now for that kind of treatment, but I'm wondering if it was considered earlier in the process.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:19 pm
Thank you.

Re: treatment options: Once you've been hospitalized, you no longer qualify. Also once 10 days have passed since first symptoms, you no longer qualify. She's on her 10th day.

Monoclonal antibodies were considered for her earlier on. But for the first 5 or 6 days, her case remained quite mild (as did my dad's, as has mine), and since she's only 62 years old (you need to be 65 to automatically qualify), she didn't meet the high-risk qualifications. There's a laundry list of other qualifications you can meet instead of age, and she was borderline on 2 of them. There were mixed opinions within the family on whether she should get them or not. Ultimately she did not. We all had mild cases for a while so nobody really found it necessary to do treatments like this. Hers was the only one that worsened, and by the time it did, we were basically out of time to even try to schedule such a treatment.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:18 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:19 pm
I know others that had bad nausea.

I had nausea after the booster.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:40 pm

Did you or your mother try ivermectin yet?

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:33 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:40 pm
If Rite Aid is out of it, try Quality Farm & Fleet.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:33 pm
Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:40 pm
If Rite Aid is out of it, try Quality Farm & Fleet.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:59 am

Update:

I'm on my 10th day now since first symptoms. Covid sucks, you don't want it. Good news for me is that now for the first time in that 10 days, I'm without any fever and haven't taken any Advil or Tylenol for nearly 24 hours. I'm HOPING that my case is finally turning around. I still feel like crap. My case has remained mild throughout, and I've been sicker than this before, but it is the CUMULATIVE effects of being like this for this length of time that starts to take its toll.

Some day when I'm feeling better I will do a careful re-evaluation of my political views on this topic. I'm not sure what will change and what won't, but I'll post here when that day comes.

Also update on my mom. She's on her 3rd day in the hospital. She's in excellent hands there and I've gotten to talk to her a few minutes a day over the phone each day. I think she's going to pull through it. I think they got her condition stabilized in the nick of time. I think even another half day of us waiting to take her could have been fatal.

If I have one bit of advice to anybody who is fighting Covid - KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED! i can't begin to stress how important it is to not let yourself start becoming dehydrated because that is when bad things start to happen.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:08 pm

Thanks for the updates. Best wishes to you and your family, beemer.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:59 am
Update:

Some day when I'm feeling better I will do a careful re-evaluation of my political views on this topic. I'm not sure what will change and what won't, but I'll post here when that day comes.

Also update on my mom. She's on her 3rd day in the hospital. She's in excellent hands there and I've gotten to talk to her a few minutes a day over the phone each day. I think she's going to pull through it. I think they got her condition stabilized in the nick of time. I think even another half day of us waiting to take her could have been fatal.

If I have one bit of advice to anybody who is fighting Covid - KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED! i can't begin to stress how important it is to not let yourself start becoming dehydrated because that is when bad things start to happen.
I'm glad to hear things are looking up! I will say that I don't believe that covid views should be political, but I will be interested to hear if your views have changed.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic